Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

Just now, Trackdaybob said:

No need to be sorry, we really don't care. You'll 'win' the league and next year we get to laugh at you all over again. 

That's pretty much how it works and we're all ok with that :thumbsup:

You don’t need to put the word win in inverted commas. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

On second look at the remaining teams coefficients that's probably correct.  Celtic need no more than 3 teams with higher coefficients than us to be in that draw and right now there are 6 teams with higher numbers playing in the Europa League (Sevilla, Besiktas, Zenit, Olympiacos, Ludogrets, Copenhagen)  plus guaranteed one of either Ajax or Dynamo Kyiv. 

Zenit, Ludogorets, and Besiktas might go out but, other than Zenit, seems unlikely.

No chance of Olympiacos going out because Greek football is fucking awesome (apart from Asteras Tripolis who are famously shite).

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Based on Celtic's performances thus far and the fractured relationship there seems to be at Celtic Park - I reckon this is Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/Rangers best possible chance to topple them unless Celtic invest heavily, which with now being out of the Champions League - is unlikely, they might sell a big name more than anything. Oft.

Sell to who, the english window is shut, no European mob will buy their shite lol

4 minutes ago, The OP said:

Zenit, Ludogorets, and Besiktas might go out but, other than Zenit, seems unlikely.

No chance of Olympiacos going out because Greek football is fucking awesome (apart from Asteras Tripolis who are famously shite).

lol that's one way of putting it.  I also noticed that Basel are still in the competition and they also have a higher coefficient but are playing a decent Vitesse Arnhem team in this round.   Need a fair number of upsets tomorrow and in the playoff round as Sevilla are going to make it, the loser of Ajax/Dynamo Kyiv is guaranteed to be in there.  Zenit look to be on their way out barring a miracle so that's one less, but Olympiacos have 1 foot in the next round, and the others look to be in decent shape to at least make the playoff round

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

Sell to who, the english window is shut, no European mob will buy their shite lol

Boyata will be forced to go somewhere, it seems. 

Dembele, McGregor, Ntcham and Tierney are all saleable for decent money. It'll be difficult to find teams willing to pay to cover the loss of Champions League now that the English window's closed though. 

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Get it up you, racist c***s. 

A96AFAFD-D101-4E6D-830C-99E2CFCA7A96.png

From a quick look at his feed there Shaleum thinks Burnley were a tougher draw than Sevilla and he thinks “more worser” is a cromulent phrase. No wonder he doesn’t realise dropping into a tournament his team have already been dispatched from is not a decent GIRUY opportunity.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Boyata will be forced to go somewhere, it seems. 

Dembele, McGregor, Ntcham and Tierney are all saleable for decent money. It'll be difficult to find teams willing to pay to cover the loss of Champions League now that the English window's closed though. 

Ntcham is rumoured to be a target for Porto. Boyata has been linked with Sevilla. I'd take the money and reinvest.

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Yep! My boy Shay getting the apologists fizzing! 

Between Shay Logan and Steven Naismith, some Celtic fans have shown themselves up to be not very nice people. 

Wishing injuries and, rather horribly, death on someone due to a football game is disgusting. 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Yep! My boy Shay getting the apologists fizzing! 

I honestly pity him. He’s scrambling for relevance but is such a pitiful footballer he will never achieve a meaningful GIRUY.  I’m gonna guess the replies will mainly be backslaps from sheep.

18 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

lol that's one way of putting it.  I also noticed that Basel are still in the competition and they also have a higher coefficient but are playing a decent Vitesse Arnhem team in this round.   Need a fair number of upsets tomorrow and in the playoff round as Sevilla are going to make it, the loser of Ajax/Dynamo Kyiv is guaranteed to be in there.  Zenit look to be on their way out barring a miracle so that's one less, but Olympiacos have 1 foot in the next round, and the others look to be in decent shape to at least make the playoff round

Will be interesting to see how it shapes up if we get past the Latvians or Lithuanians. I fear the crowds and atmospheres will be poor but I’m looking forward to (hopefully) a competitive group stage with (hopefully) no 6 or 7 nil hidings.

Archived