Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

23 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Dembele has traveling with the squad would be a hard game for him to come back,said before i don't care which competition celtic play in as long as we have european football until the end of the year.

As I said earlier I think its inevitable we will concede so would be happy to see him start up front with Edouard and go for it. If hes not up to scratch then we can give him the hook rather than have him come on a wasted sub when we are desperatley needing a goal and hes not match fit.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As I said earlier I think its inevitable we will concede so would be happy to see him start up front with Edouard and go for it. If hes not up to scratch then we can give him the hook rather than have him come on a wasted sub when we are desperatley needing a goal and hes not match fit.

I agree if we are going out i hope we go out fighting rather than a whimper,to win a game 0-1 flies in the face of Brendan's philosophy of the game so it's always going to be a white knuckle ride.
Managing the game like Celtic did in Norway is easier when you have a 2 goal advantage.
So after saying that i would be happy with a 0-1 result.   

Starting XI: Craig Gordon, Mikael Lustig, Jozo Simunovic, Jack Hendry, Kieran Tierney, James Forrest, Callum McGregor, Scott Brown, Olivier Ntcham, Tom Rogic, Leigh Griffiths.

Substitutes: Scott Bain, Moussa Dembele, Scott Sinclair, Cristian Gamboa, Jonny Hayes, Mikey Johnston, Eboue Kouassi.

2 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Celtics line up according to Google Screenshot_20180814-182806_Chrome.jpg

Kinda like the above except in a prettier pattern and with Forrest at right back, cause that’ll totally happen. Some defender oor Jamesie.

My memory might not be the best as I was 10 at the time but were Rangers not embarrassed and ridiculed when they lost to AEK back in 94, having been expected to beat them comfortably? That defeat lead to the headline "Another Early Knockout".
The reaction to that result gave me the impression Rangers had lost to a minnow.
Given the amount of money Rangers had, and having players like Laudrop and Gascoigne with a supporting cast that included World Cup winners, there was an expectation Rangers would do much better in Europe than they did. It's not that AEK were regarded as diddies, more that Rangers were regarded where we might put Marseille or Ajax now.

Archived