Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

Also, it's a pain in the arse that whenever we play decent teams the away leg is second. Think Shakhter Karagandy in 2013 is the last one I can remember where there was a decisive home tie where it felt like there was a chance of going out.  

Edit - Maribor in 2014 actually. That was a shiter. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The OP said:

Also, it's a pain in the arse that whenever we play decent teams the away leg is second. Think Shakhter Karagandy in 2013 is the last one I can remember where there was a decisive home tie where it felt like there was a chance of going out.  

Edit - Maribor in 2014 actually. That was a shiter. 

Probs on a par with anderlecht last season,credence if we get through.

35 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Brutal draw for Celtic. 

Would imagine that AEK will be favourites for that potential meet up? 

Ha Ha, no chance.  They'll be beelin at drawing us.  Another 3rd exit beckons for them.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Based on what ? I don’t know enough about AEK to say they are favourites.

Looking at last seasons stats they seem to score very few and concede very few.

The Greek League is a far higher quality than the Scottish Premiership.

However that's all I've got.

29 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

The Greek League is a far higher quality than the Scottish Premiership.

However that's all I've got.

We're also a far higher quality than the Scottish Premiership :P

It was just about always going to be a c**t of a draw whoever Celtic got. Hopefully Rosenborg are a complete clusterfuck and their players have lost a lot of confidence that Celtic safely go into the next round. No point worrying or thinking about the Greeks until the final whistle blows in the second leg against Rosenborg with the scoreline in Celtic's favour. My only worry is that Celtic don't play or perform as good as the home leg in the away fixture, hopefully Brendan can motivate the team to perform better in away fixtures.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Demebele and Griffiths injured and Edouard only back in training on Monday? Simunovic suspended as well?

Yes on Dembele and Simunovic. Griffiths has taken time out to deliver his HerbaLife products to his customers...

23 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Demebele and Griffiths injured and Edouard only back in training on Monday? Simunovic suspended as well?

Griffiths injured again ? His lifestyle can’t help tbf.

Can see him slipping further and further out of the first team picture which ain’t ideal for Scotland.

I’ve complained about these qualifiers in the past but midweek beer garden followed by the Celtic is a pretty good deal.

Heard the team is Gordon, Gamboa, Ajer, Hendry, Tierney, Forrest, Ntcham, Brown, Sinclair, McGregor, Edouard.

Last time against Rosenborg we felt the want of a recognised striker, hopefully Eddie does the business and also helps defend from the front.

Never thought I’d see Gamboa again (outwith the World Cup).

Archived