Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard win for Celtic yesterday, nothing too impressive but got the result they wanted. Alashkert looked pacey on the break but final ball and finishing was almost as bad as some of the camera work. Be interesting to see if Celtic approach more games this season with that set up.

Given that it's the first competitive game of the season and the heat in Armenia I am very happy with a 3-0 win.   I was expecting Celtic to fade late on but instead it was the home team that struggled, hopefully can put a few more past them at Celtic Park and maybe give the likes of Lewis Morgan and Ryan Christie some game time as well

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Interesting result from Iceland - Valur beating Rosenborg 1-0, winner plays Celtic.

APOEL lost 3-1 away to the Lithuanian champions, would be potential opponents in the play-off round.

Watched the game valur hit the post as well,Rosenburg were the better team with no cutting edge,Nicklas Bentner is still shite

If Rosenborg are still neat with absolutely no cutting edge not much has changed since last season.

Kinda guessing Valur would be an easier tie but would be easy to get away tickets for Rosenborg. Que sera sera.

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Qualifying round draw opening up for Celtic like it did for England.

Hopefully with similar consequences.

I may be defeatist but I’d take a CL semi final right now.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

If Rosenborg are still neat with absolutely no cutting edge not much has changed since last season.

Kinda guessing Valur would be an easier tie but would be easy to get away tickets for Rosenborg. Que sera sera.

Valur play on a shitty plastic pitch

So whats the predictions tonight?

LineUps? Do we go strong and put the tie to bed or do we mix it up and give some of the fringe Bhoys a game with the comfort of that 3 goal away cushion?

I personally think either case. Well win comfortably at home, and likelyhood is Rodgers opts to rotate some of the guys.

Looking forward to seeing our first full competitive match on the new surface. Looked good vrs Leige. Wonder if well show off a little wi the lighting and the new sound system or we saving all that for a (If all goes to plan) Group opener?

Archived