Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Mouth

Shortlees vs Hurlford Thistle - Ayrshire cup semi final

Recommended Posts

As much as I hate to say it. The best team won, and that’s about it really. 

Good luck for the final next week. Bring the cup back to Ayrshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shortlees looked knackered. Thistle far superior. It's been a great season for Shortlees regardless and I  hope they bring back the Scottish but the fact remains that they can shout about the devil's 11, sing about coming too get them and what not, they simply cannot beat Hurlford Thistle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurlford  Thistle fully deserved winners. They started well but - similar to the Scottish cup semi final - found Murdoch in the Shortlees goal in inspired form. Thought Lees had weathered the storm but Thistle scored a cracking goal. Big moment in the match right on half time when Shortlees missed a brilliant chance. If they go in 1-1 its a different game.

As it was Hurlford had a lead to hang onto and did it pretty comfortably although Lees had a good bit of the ball. 2nd goal kills the game, very well taken penalty. I thought it was a pen although the people I was with weren't so sure. Be interested in what everyone else thought?

3rd goal is a mistake but the game is over anyway. 

Hope Shortlees can rally to win on Monday to keep the league going and especially in the Scottish final. They'll be very disappointed tonight but beaten by the better side. That's football.

 Thought Hurlford Thistle's Gilgannon  and number 7 (Boyd?) were excellent. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BingeDrinker said:

Shortlees looked knackered. Thistle far superior. It's been a great season for Shortlees regardless and I  hope they bring back the Scottish but the fact remains that they can shout about the devil's 11, sing about coming too get them and what not, they simply cannot beat Hurlford Thistle 

Can’t disagree mate, the players don’t shout about the devils 11....... I do. So time will tell. Hurlford were better tonight and wanted it more, they deserved it.  Some of our players eyes might be  on the bigger prize.  If the real truth be told, honestly, if we continue to play like that, we won’t win anything.   Well done HT you have won the battle tonight, but you haven’t won the war. There is a lot to play for yet, we will see what transpires,

INTEGRITY. 

Edited by Cunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pmonty3 said:

Hurlford  Thistle fully deserved winners. They started well but - similar to the Scottish cup semi final - found Murdoch in the Shortlees goal in inspired form. Thought Lees had weathered the storm but Thistle scored a cracking goal. Big moment in the match right on half time when Shortlees missed a brilliant chance. If they go in 1-1 its a different game.

As it was Hurlford had a lead to hang onto and did it pretty comfortably although Lees had a good bit of the ball. 2nd goal kills the game, very well taken penalty. I thought it was a pen although the people I was with weren't so sure. Be interested in what everyone else thought?

3rd goal is a mistake but the game is over anyway. 

Hope Shortlees can rally to win on Monday to keep the league going and especially in the Scottish final. They'll be very disappointed tonight but beaten by the better side. That's football.

 Thought Hurlford Thistle's Gilgannon  and number 7 (Boyd?) were excellent. 

 

Can’t disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurlford better team simple fact. Bad sitter missed just before ht big moment and it was never a pen kick tbh but tackle was desperate because cb was wrong side.Shortlees will need to step up if bringing the Scottish to there scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t manage to get to the game last night, going by most of the reaction Hurlford were worthy winners? Hopefully shortlees can win the Scottish as it would be a great achievement for an Ayrshire side given the level of competition outwith these walls.... I don’t follow either just interested that’s all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think wee Dougie was a big miss for shotlees reckon their midfield looked tired in second half, and the wee mans energy would have benefited them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
After watching that a would say a still fancy shortlees to win the league they missed sitters and had most possession and control of the game

Totally disagree. Ht were by far the better team with the better chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, alwayzzaffside said:

After watching that a would say a still fancy shortlees to win the league they missed sitters and had most possession and control of the game

I don't think we were watching the same game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
After watching that a would say a still fancy shortlees to win the league they missed sitters and had most possession and control of the game

Hope shortlees win the league, but they got beat from a better team on friday. Ht were better all over the park. Any neutral would agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thistle by far the better team . If same shortlees turn out in next couple of weeks they could end up with noting . hearing shortlees  never beat them over 90 minutes ? What about standard of refereeing ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, petethejakey said:

Thistle by far the better team . If same shortlees turn out in next couple of weeks they could end up with noting . hearing shortlees  never beat them over 90 minutes ? What about standard of refereeing ? 

Surely the standard of refereeing at Amateur level (unless completely incompetent  and not a few wrong calls or players/coaches not fully understanding the LOTG) can't be complained about - the referee's, just like the players are also amateur?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The abuse shouldn’t happen, but it’s just the nature of the game.they won’t get everything right some are incompetent, others think it’s all about themselves and some are good, same applies for players at that level

 

For what it’s worth.I thought the ref had a decent game on Friday, tried to let the game flow when he could.the only criticism I would have was when he allowed play to go on when the hurlford gk was down injured.if shortlees had scored there would have been no fair play or integrity in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The abuse shouldn’t happen, but it’s just the nature of the game.they won’t get everything right some are incompetent, others think it’s all about themselves and some are good, same applies for players at that level

 

For what it’s worth.I thought the ref had a decent game on Friday, tried to let the game flow when he could.the only criticism I would have was when he allowed play to go on when the hurlford gk was down injured.if shortlees had scored there would have been no fair play or integrity in that.

Saying Hurl£ord in the same sentence as "fair play" and "Integrity" ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurlford were better all over the park, Shortlees are heavily missing out on a front man, someone who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

The central midfield 3 of Gold, Caldwell and Mullen quite simply couldnt cope with the hurlford midfield. Wee Dougies energy in there would have helped.

Never a pen, big centre half got his toe on the ball, and have to agree when the hurlford keeper was on the deck the play should have stopped.

Shortlees will really have to sharpen the pencil for sunday as the size of hampden will eat up even the best of players.

i hope they bring the silverware back to Ayrshire, but will be a big ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...