Shortlees vs Hurlford Thistle - Ayrshire cup semi final

The Mouth

Any truth that the Glenburn manager asked his players to stop scoring goals against Shortlees to try stop HT winning league???

Rumours are rumours hahaha[emoji12]what if they did? It’s about time someone put they money grabbing wanks in there place. Mon the shortlees. Better bring a few nappies for the Hurlford boys coming to burnpark

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I do really hope the lees win the league but cmon, this is cringeworthy. Hurlford have won the league at burnpark more than Shortlees have so what's the sudden " fear" factor about coming to burnpark?

Who cares today , hahaha , Scottish cup final mode lol , 

Class from Shortlees for all the people saying “they would rather win the league and stop Hurlford” are jealous slavours id happily lose every single league game get relegated and win the scottish than winning a league. And the fact Shortlees won the scottish without a wage bill to 

Wow this is mental....Great great achievement winning the Scottish but league tables never lie best team in the league finishes top of the pile. Cups you need an element of luck to win. To be considered as Good as HT you need to be beating them to league titles on a regular basis.

7 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Wow this is mental....Great great achievement winning the Scottish but league tables never lie best team in the league finishes top of the pile. Cups you need an element of luck to win. To be considered as Good as HT you need to be beating them to league titles on a regular basis.

Never read so much drivel ive seen better teams lose a league to shiter teams plenty times granted there more constistant doesnt mean there better what would you rather? Win the biggest prize in the game or beat your rivals to a league? I know what id rather win and so would 90% of people

2 hours ago, FIFASplatter said:

Never read so much drivel ive seen better teams lose a league to shiter teams plenty times granted there more constistant doesnt mean there better what would you rather? Win the biggest prize in the game or beat your rivals to a league? I know what id rather win and so would 90% of people

You can't be serious? The team that wins the league over the course of 20+ games is the top side off the season. There is no argument against that. I am pretty sure Shortlees stopping 9 in a row will be celebrated as much, if not more, than the Scottish. Winning it is brilliant and they deserve all the credit in the world but as Cunny has said he started the team too end the HT domination so I think once they sober up on Tuesday they will give everything too win this league 

1 hour ago, CFCbhoy said:

You can't be serious? The team that wins the league over the course of 20+ games is the top side off the season. There is no argument against that. I am pretty sure Shortlees stopping 9 in a row will be celebrated as much, if not more, than the Scottish. Winning it is brilliant and they deserve all the credit in the world but as Cunny has said he started the team too end the HT domination so I think once they sober up on Tuesday they will give everything too win this league 

Ive played in a team were we beat the league winners twice in the league and in the league cup but they won the league so that means there a better team than us? Never you need luck in cup games but you also need luck in league games as i said i would rather the scottish than a league hands down 

2 minutes ago, FIFASplatter said:

Ive played in a team were we beat the league winners twice in the league and in the league cup but they won the league so that means there a better team than us? Never you need luck in cup games but you also need luck in league games as i said i would rather the scottish than a league hands down 

Over the course off the season yes cos it clearly means you have dropped points too teams that the winners didn't. That's how HT have dominated for so long as they rarely drop points and win games they look like losing. They have dropped points this season and unless Shortlees jump all over that then once again HT will win league and be proven as the better side as it will mean Shortlees still haven't beaten them 

If you are stating “the league winners are the best team” then winning the scottish means your the best team in scotland im i right? Yes so right now Shortlees are the best amatuer team in th country every single ammy team participate in the scottish and Shortlees were crowned Scottish Cup Champions meaning they are the best side in Scotland 

1 minute ago, FIFASplatter said:

If you are stating “the league winners are the best team” then winning the scottish means your the best team in scotland im i right? Yes so right now Shortlees are the best amatuer team in th country every single ammy team participate in the scottish and Shortlees were crowned Scottish Cup Champions meaning they are the best side in Scotland 

Enjoy your night 

Have to agree great achievement winning Scottish but league tables do not lie not trying to piss on the parade as I couldn't care who wins it have zero ties to anyone but like I said if HT are winning leagues constantly then it says it all.

I think I’ve proven myself to be a neutral on here and I have to agree with you.

Winning the Scottish is a great achievement and possibly even harder than winning the league but the league champions are the best team. Anyone can win or lose a cup game (and that’s what makes the Scottish a great achievement as bad luck or circumstances can see you out in one game too).

By FIFAs logic had Motherwell beat Celtic yesterday they would have been best team in Scotland

To be fair to FIFA though Motherwell didn’t and the team who won the big Scottish are the best club in Scotland.

However you only need to look down south yesterday to get the comparison - Chelsea not the best team in England.

Again though winning the Scottish is absolutely fantastic and if Lees can take the league from Hurlford then they can certainly lay claim to the title of best team in Scotland.

Ludacris comment? If you win the scottish then surely you are rated as the best team for winning it? Everyone takes part in the scottish everyone and Shortlees won it so there the best team in th country? Pretty sure when Colville won it back to back they would have been voted the best side? Anyway opinions are opinions just because mine differ from yours doesnt make you or me right im jusy going by your logic 

Archived