Jump to content
King Kebab

Kieran Tierney

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, red23 said:

coming from the boy who thinks Souttar is a world class defender i think i'll take your opinions with a pinch of salt as you should, with each tequila you drink before coming on here and posting.

I think you're getting mixed up, I'd be surprised if you can find anyone calling Harry Souttar world class. He is however the best Scottish CB currently playing professional football, of that there is no doubt. And still just 22, may also be the only Scottish CB playing in the EPL next year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Luke Shaw has been the best left back in the PL this season tbf. Most people, other than Tierney’s Dad (and HCN - possibly the same person?) would agree. 

He's been decent. I won't engage with the previous guy as only children can't give an opinion without insulting someone with a conflicting one and I don't have time for that. 

He is really in his first season as a nailed on first choice after a few ropey years though Mourinho didn't help him, and if you watch Roma's first goal the other night Tierney would never do that. Offer me one or the other its Tierney every time, Shaw has had a good season going forward and gets good press cause he's English and plays for Man Utd.

Cancelo also a good player but not a conventional FB and not really a LB. As I said there's a few on a similar level, but I 100% don't think there's a single LB on earth right now who you could objectively say is a better player than Tierney. If there is I haven't seen him. 

I think in a year or two its likely he may be on the move as he'll just be too good for Arsenal if they don't get back in the CL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

He's been decent. I won't engage with the previous guy as only children can't give an opinion without insulting someone with a conflicting one and I don't have time for that. 

He is really in his first season as a nailed on first choice after a few ropey years though Mourinho didn't help him, and if you watch Roma's first goal the other night Tierney would never do that. Offer me one or the other its Tierney every time, Shaw has had a good season going forward and gets good press cause he's English and plays for Man Utd.

Cancelo also a good player but not a conventional FB and not really a LB. As I said there's a few on a similar level, but I 100% don't think there's a single LB on earth right now who you could objectively say is a better player than Tierney. If there is I haven't seen him. 

I think in a year or two its likely he may be on the move as he'll just be too good for Arsenal if they don't get back in the CL. 

Yeah I agree there’s a few on a similarish level, the PL has quite a few good LBs. Luke Shaw will make pretty much every team of the season though, and it’s not just because he’s English and plays for Man U. Tierney was really good for Scotland in the recent games, and outshone Robertson, and he’s had a pretty decent season overall for Arsenal. However, Robertson hasn’t had his best year, in the previous couple of seasons he was a key part of a PL and Champions League winning side. You’ve obviously got Digne, Reguillon & Chilwell who are all very, very good players. Zinchenko is one recently as well who seems to have been transformed and is playing absolutely class. Overall, yeah there are quite a few on a similar level - would I pick Tierney above all of the ones I’ve mentioned? Probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke Shaw?  Really?  He’s the epitome of bang average for the price of brilliance.  He has a huge headed teammate for company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2021 at 23:25, HalfCutNinja said:

I think you're getting mixed up, I'd be surprised if you can find anyone calling Harry Souttar world class. He is however the best Scottish CB currently playing professional football, of that there is no doubt. And still just 22, may also be the only Scottish CB playing in the EPL next year too.

Of that there is no doubt? what are you gibbering on about. 

Stoke are 16th it EFL and no one from the premiership will be interested in him. (Yes i'm aware of the nonsense gossip columns)

Also Hanley plays for Norwich, Cooper plays for leeds unless you are doing the whole "but he's english" thing.

You've just had  a mare, sign off and come back tomorrow.

Edited by red23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah I agree there’s a few on a similarish level, the PL has quite a few good LBs. Luke Shaw will make pretty much every team of the season though, and it’s not just because he’s English and plays for Man U. Tierney was really good for Scotland in the recent games, and outshone Robertson, and he’s had a pretty decent season overall for Arsenal. However, Robertson hasn’t had his best year, in the previous couple of seasons he was a key part of a PL and Champions League winning side. You’ve obviously got Digne, Reguillon & Chilwell who are all very, very good players. Zinchenko is one recently as well who seems to have been transformed and is playing absolutely class. Overall, yeah there are quite a few on a similar level - would I pick Tierney above all of the ones I’ve mentioned? Probably not.

Why I probably would, is because Tierney is looking so good in a poor team.

Put him in a better team and I think he's got it in him to perform and step up another level. In terms of his performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Luke Shaw?  Really?  He’s the epitome of bang average for the price of brilliance.  He has a huge headed teammate for company. 

Tell me you haven’t watched Luke Shaw this season, without actually telling me you haven’t watched Luke Shaw this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can be hard to tell when Tierney is seriously hurt because he's absolutely terrible for the play acting. He played well again last night though, I really think we'll see him move from Arsenal soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It can be hard to tell when Tierney is seriously hurt because he's absolutely terrible for the play acting. He played well again last night though, I really think we'll see him move from Arsenal soon.

Your arse he is. He's never done that in his life. His issue is he is hard as nails and will play on through a broken leg if he can. Play acting my arse.

Another top performance from him last night absolutely rinsed one of England's top young players. No joke there isn't a better LB on the planet than him right now. Chilwell on the other side is just about fit to lace his boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Your arse he is. He's never done that in his life. His issue is he is hard as nails and will play on through a broken leg if he can. Play acting my arse.

Another top performance from him last night absolutely rinsed one of England's top young players. No joke there isn't a better LB on the planet than him right now. Chilwell on the other side is just about fit to lace his boots.

I mean, he has done it plenty of times but you can pretend he hasn't if you want. Here is one instance from February of this year:

It's fine to admit a top player has some faults btw. 

Edited by The Moonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently he's signing (or has at least been offered) a new deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He is head and shoulders Scotlands best player.

Yeah you're right, I've never seen dandruff on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I mean, he has done it plenty of times but you can pretend he hasn't if you want. Here is one instance from February of this year:

It's fine to admit a top player has some faults btw. 

That's not play acting that's just trying to improve his team's situation. Its not the same as feigning injury, which you referenced in relation to him going down against Chelsea where he was hurt. Its not "hard to tell" the difference its very easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Apparently he's signing (or has at least been offered) a new deal.

He'd be crazy to sign it but probably will as he's just a daft wee laddie and loyal to a fault. That's how he stayed at Celtic far too long.

He should turn it down and allow his contract to run down till he has 1 or 2 years left and the top clubs in Europe will be all over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...