Kieran Tierney

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tierneys injuries are why I'd rather have Robertson at my club than Tierney.

Tierney a better player, but you can't help but feels he's verging on another major injury soon. No idea how you properly sort his body at this stage.

Funny how Tierney has played more games than Robertson had at the same age. Almost as if you're talking shite.

12 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Funny how Tierney has played more games than Robertson had at the same age. Almost as if you're talking shite.

Yeah, that's probably why Tierneys body is now completely fucked m8.

Tierney was also injury prone in Celtic youth team. He also cramped up a lot when he first came through at Celtic. Probably his selfless attitude to continue to play games when he shouldn’t have has hindered his career long term a bit. By us not having a back up left back for donkeys also fucked him as there were games he looked like he could barely run. 

As someone alluded to earlier this could be a blessing in disguise for him and Scotland to get a bit of rest before the Euros.

Edited by gannonball

54 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Looking more serious than first reported.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6953394/scotland-euros-blow-tierney-out-for-season-arsenal/

This would be terrible, terrible news

That would be an absolute hammer blow. But it doesn't mean he's out for the Euros.

Arsenal's last match is on the 23rd of May, so he 'probably' isn't fit for that. That means he's touch and go to be fit for that date. Still gives him almost three weeks to train and play part of our two friendlies. He could still make it.

Tierney will play for Scotland at the Euros, 100%.

Whether he is fit enough probably doesn't matter, as he'll be at the stage where he can run and that'll be enough for him.

On 12/04/2021 at 10:19, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Looking more serious than first reported.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6953394/scotland-euros-blow-tierney-out-for-season-arsenal/

This would be terrible, terrible news

When I saw that I thought the same, but I think its just a bit of headline grabbing reporting since the season ends within the original 4-6 week timescale given as a recovery time. I don't think anything has really changed.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

When I saw that I thought the same, but I think its just a bit of headline grabbing reporting since the season ends within the original 4-6 week timescale given as a recovery time. I don't think anything has really changed.

Yeah.  Not much has changed.  I'd still say it's going to be nip and tuck if he's fit in time.  It's about as far from ideal as it's possible to get.

On a personal note it would be a shame for Tierney to miss the Europa league final should Arsenal get there which is looking likely.

Arsenal have been taking care of Tierney, a lot better than Celtic ever did, they have rested him at times and not rushed him back after his injuries. I don't think they have pressured him about international football but they would likely want him to have the summer resting than come back too soon for the Euros.

2 hours ago, ahemps said:

On a personal note it would be a shame for Tierney to miss the Europa league final should Arsenal get there which is looking likely.

Arsenal have been taking care of Tierney, a lot better than Celtic ever did, they have rested him at times and not rushed him back after his injuries. I don't think they have pressured him about international football but they would likely want him to have the summer resting than come back too soon for the Euros.

When you have a player made of glass it's what you need to do