Kieran Tierney

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Some absoutely superb takes from the beggining of this thread. Particularly the ones moaning about his lack of commitment to Scotland.

Overplayed to a state of permanent injury troubles by Celtic

And he was avoiding Scotland games back when Celtic were getting to play sixty games a season, through injury

Thankfully his current club don't do that to him

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Yeh, heard that couple weeks ago alright. Fair play to Arteta for not overplaying him. Clearly Arsenals most influential player and undroppable. Sound management from the Spaniard emoji106.png

I really like how they're handling him, playing him as much as possible but as soon as there is the merest hint of an issue they protect him.  Celtic ran him into the ground completely unnecessarily.

• 2 months later...

Just a selection of the absolutely terrible takes from the first two years of this thread.

On 10/05/2018 at 19:07, LincolnHearts said:

Would get ragdolled in the EPL.

Will stay in Glasgow, win over 100 medals and 100 Scotland caps.

On 10/05/2018 at 23:23, LincolnHearts said:

I know that he would bomb in the EPL. Please bookmark for when he gets his £15m move to Newcastle or Everton.

On 11/05/2018 at 00:10, Cerberus said:

Robertson is better than Tierney.

The best Tierney could hope for is move to a shitey, non-entity EPL club like Brighton or Watford.

On 11/05/2018 at 08:18, RR #1 said:

Don't get all this hype over Tierney. The best he comes against in the domestic game is  shite like  Gary McKay-Steven or Daniel Candeias and every time Celtic play someone decent in Europe they get embarrassed. Saying things like he will play for a bigger club than Liverpool is just ridiculous. 

On 12/05/2018 at 12:25, kenny131 said:

No chance he's getting a regular game for utd, spurs, Chelsea or city not happening he's miles away from that level and he knows it that's why he will stay coasting it in the spl

On 14/04/2019 at 17:07, Bairnardo said:

Cant wait till this wee fanny is struggling to get onto Notts Forests bench while Andy Robertson mobes to Real Madrid

On 15/04/2019 at 13:01, DAFC. said:

He's quite comfortably the most overrated player in world football. 

On 21/04/2019 at 16:03, Savage Henry said:

A Gary Naysmith type career awaits.

On 02/05/2019 at 19:10, Savage Henry said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I just think it’s not particularly important, nor should it impact on his future consideration for future squads.

I also think he’s stagnating into a mediocre player, and if Robertson, who at this point is a better player anyway, did the same - as could well happen at some point - the reaction would be much more forgiving.

On 19/05/2019 at 11:43, Guest DAVIDB69 said:

He has promised misses the boat regards a decent premier league move. probably the likes of Burnley and Brighton calling

On 19/05/2019 at 13:21, Enigma said:

Think he meets more like Hooper, McGeady or Johansen etc.

On 20/05/2019 at 11:43, Savage Henry said:

That would be fair enough if it was true.

1. Nobody is writing him off because he’s playing for Celtic. They are questioning his ambition because it’s evident he doesn’t fancy the challenge of playing at a higher level.

2. Every move Robertson made, he learned and developed and improved. Tierney is stagnating at best.

3. It’s quite legitimate to question how good he actually is. I’d describe him as an unusually competent left back by Scottish standards, whereas as I’d describe Robertson as an elite left back by European standards.

On 28/05/2019 at 07:01, Smokerson said:

He’s vastly over rated, pulls out of most squads (injured or not) and we have one of the best left backs in Europe anyway. Time to move on from Tierney

On 29/05/2019 at 10:23, DAFC. said:

He isn't a right back. He's a left back. Have we just to play him out of position just because he looks good up against absolute guff like Hamilton and St. Mirren?

If he was to go to the big boys right now, he would get found out pretty swiftly. 

On 01/07/2019 at 18:42, kenny131 said:

KT is utterly over hyped.  When he moves to the prem he will get gobbled up.

On 13/07/2019 at 12:38, red23 said:

He's worth £10 million tops. Not seeing anything that suggests otherwise.

Celtic really seem to think they are something special winning a piss poor league, where most teams recruit from league two in England, again and again with a massive budget. Yet in europe you get utterly destroyed and players like Tierney are shown up to be the average players they are.

On 14/07/2019 at 21:45, red23 said:

I'm willing to bet either of Monreal or Kolasinac would out perform Tierney in Scotland.

On 20/01/2020 at 10:28, the snudge said:

If Arsenal sign Kurzawa then it looks like he'll be 3rd choice. It wouldn't surprise me if he's sent on loan next season. 

On 06/06/2020 at 15:12, Bishop Briggs said:

Tierney needs to move as he's probably 3rd choice behind Kosalinac and Saka. Arsenal have also been linked strongly with PSG's Kurzawa who is out of contract. That should send a clear message about how Arteta rates him.

Chelsea may not be willing to pay the fee that Leicester will demand for Chilwell, probably over £60 million. Leicester, however, will need another left-back with Fuchs out of contract anyway.

Would Tierney be willing to go to Leicester if Chilwell stays?  Would the Leicester bench be better than sitting in the stands at the Emirates? 

On 20/06/2020 at 20:29, Mr. Alli said:

Tierney is a very decent player, top end EPL was always going to be too big a jump for him - that's without the constant injuries and niggles. 

The best thing for him would be to move to some more 'traditional' middle of the league team where he won't be under such pressure or scrutiny. Gives himself some time to settle into the league. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Just a selection of the absolutely terrible takes from the first two years of this thread.

Some of these are proper gold. Absolutely horrendous takes, his quality was always there so see and combined with his attitude he was always going to go far. 

Meanwhile now you've got Arsenal fans all over twitter and their main forum saying he's the most likeable player in the squad, should be captain, the most important player in the starting 11 etc. 

Just now, Zazu said:

Meanwhile now you've got Arsenal fans all over twitter and their main forum saying he's the most likeable player in the squad, should be captain, the most important player in the starting 11 etc. 

Aye, but Arsenal are absolutely shite. 

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

They were absolutely terrible takes when they were originally made too. I don't want to be too harsh here, but if you weren't aware of how good he already was when he was at Celtic, you don't have a very good eye for a player and should probably refrain from making bold predictions about their career trajectory.

I see you thought his ability level was  Nottingham Forrest's bench (*snigger*) so maybe best to keep your head down here.

I see you are incapable of registering a bit of hyperbole. 

I had a problem with Tierneys commitment to Scotland, and felt Robertson was a better player. Those views were perfectly valid then. I have also spoken highly of Tierney in recent months.