Kieran Tierney

11 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

I don’t think we can afford to play him LCB, he is too good an attacking option. He can go from a standing start and ghosts by players. 

He is fantastic at that.  Sevilla when they used to have Alves and someone else used to basically play with two RB's and they just interchanged, overlapped each other, both could bomb on knowing the other one would cover.  It was great, maybe we should look at something like that down the left.

But the formation works so we'll stick with it most likely I suppose as that's most important.

It’s within the realms of possibility Scotland could have the captains of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal in a few years.
McTominay was captain of a rotated side on Friday so you would have to imagine he is next in line. Hes probably 80 or 90% of a guaranteed starter, but with Pogba and probably Matic on borrowed time and on current form he will cement that place and take the captaincy off shovel face sooner rather than later. He is only going to be better as he is likely to get a wee bit more physical and stronger as he matures. Has the potential to be such a dominant force in the middle of the park.

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
12 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Aye they were creaming it over him and rightly so.  He is probably their best attacking outlet which is quite something from LB. All he needed was a sustained period of fitness and now he has had that he is really starting to arrive as a top player.
For comparison, he's exactly the same age right now that Robertson was when he was breaking into the Liverpool team.

Yeh.. Alan Shearer again just stated he was best player on park

did he say that Tierney had "pace, power, great feet - the lot".....

On 09/01/2021 at 19:58, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Magnificent again tonight, just laid one on a plate for Aubameyang. If Arsenal don't continue to improve he won't be there for long, he's a level above almost every player on the park tonight with a few exceptions.

I don't think many teams could afford him.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't know what Arsenal would want, it depends on his contract situation at the time.  He will be there next season imo, but if he keeps doing well and they don't I don't see him there much longer than that.

I think the boy is loyal to a fault. He'll be more interested in trying to drag Arsenal up a level than make the first big move he's offered.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think the boy is loyal to a fault. He'll be more interested in trying to drag Arsenal up a level than make the first big move he's offered.

Aye agree, he stayed at Celtic far too long for the same reason.  Just a simple lad that wants to play football, but his agent will be telling him when Arsenal put a contract in front of you don't sign it cause we've got interest from Juventus or whatever. I have no doubt he could play for a club like that.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye agree, he stayed at Celtic far too long for the same reason.  Just a simple lad that wants to play football, but his agent will be telling him when Arsenal put a contract in front of you don't sign it cause we've got interest from Juventus or whatever. I have no doubt he could play for a club like that.

Looks like he ahs three year left. Probably wise for him to extend it at this point.

Surely if Arsenal are offered silly money then they'll tell him to pack his bags though. Did Rangers not politely tell Alan Hutton to f**k off when Tottenham waved the cash?

(I realise the financial situation at the two clubs differ, but surely £100m could go a long way to rebuilding a squad that is apparently shite.)

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

Surely if Arsenal are offered silly money then they'll tell him to pack his bags though. Did Rangers not politely tell Alan Hutton to f**k off when Tottenham waved the cash?

(I realise the financial situation at the two clubs differ, but surely £100m could go a long way to rebuilding a squad that is apparently shite.)

Of course. I just can't see many offering that for his position.