Kieran Tierney

Should he leave Celtic for a Wolves or Everton? If he did, I'd trust he is good enough to do an Andy Robertson and win a move to a top 6 club. but it seems shite that probably our best prospect in decades has to work his way up like that. Shite but probably true.

Should he leave Celtic for a Wolves or Everton? If he did, I'd trust he is good enough to do an Andy Robertson and win a move to a top 6 club. but it seems shite that probably our best prospect in decades has to work his way up like that. Shite but probably true.

Bollox.

Players like Lukaku have literally done the exact same thing.

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Ok, if the 16 hour old Everton article is not recent enough, how about the Wolves one???
It's only from 4 hours ago!!!
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/02/kieran-tierney-could-be-perfect-fit-for-wolverhampton-wanderers/

HITC is one of the least reliable rumour sources lol so I would be very surprised if Wolves were in the mix for Tierney, all signs point to Everton if he goes.

In terms of Tierney going to England, Everton would not be a bad option given that there would be a path right into the first team.  Better that he is playing week in and week out for Everton than warming the bench at Tottenham.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

HITC is one of the least reliable rumour sources lol so I would be very surprised if Wolves were in the mix for Tierney, all signs point to Everton if he goes.

In terms of Tierney going to England, Everton would not be a bad option given that there would be a path right into the first team.  Better that he is playing week in and week out for Everton than warming the bench at Tottenham.

I think rose will leave spurs so there's an opening and he'd be a very good fit.  But IMO it's pretty much a stick on he'll end up at man utd.  This summer or more likely next.

On 5/12/2018 at 01:57, Dindeleux said:

Do you want to have a bet that Tierney doesn’t play 100 games for “one of the top clubs in the world” in his career?

You can even choose the clubs you put in that bracket if you want.

On 5/12/2018 at 09:59, Peppino Impastato said:

Absolutely.  Easiest win ever.

On 5/18/2018 at 14:59, Dindeleux said:

Go on then . Name the clubs you consider the best in the world.

Still waiting for this list.

10 hours ago, Enigma said:

Bollox.

Players like Lukaku have literally done the exact same thing.

Not really. Lukkaku went from Chelsea to Everton to Man u.

As I say, as a career trajectory it's probably an accurate reflection of how little it currently means to be a standout player for Celtic.

Raises a decent trivia question: when was the last Scottish player to move directly from Scotland to a (then) current top 6 English side?

Edited by Gordopolis

Raises a decent trivia question: when was the last Scottish player to move directly from Scotland to a (then) current top 6 English side?

Ooohhh Good question!!!

Maurice Johnston - Rangers to Everton???

Billy McKinlay - Dundee United to Blackburn Rovers???

Like the Mo Johnston one above, Blackburn and Everton were both "Top 6"Ish at the time, I think!!!