Kieran Tierney

1 hour ago, red23 said:

WHAT!?!?!!? no place AGAIN for the worlds best left back? 😂

You're an absolute moron.

I'm no huge fan of Tierney, but hes been injured for a while and the Arsenal boss has said it could be 5 weeks before hes fit enough to be in contention. The only folk worth laughing at are the ones so dense they can't figure out why hes not in squads.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're an absolute moron.

I'm no huge fan of Tierney, but hes been injured for a while and the Arsenal boss has said it could be 5 weeks before hes fit enough to be in contention. The only folk worth laughing at are the ones so dense they can't figure out why hes not in squads.

It could be that.... or he might be finished.  There's no way of knowing unless he moves abroad.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's not exactly crucial to Scotland's success though is he?

We've lost two qualifiers in this campaign where Robertson wasn't available. In the first one, we ended up playing Graeme Shinnie at left-back, one of the first games he'd played there in about 2 years, and he got torn to shreds. In the latter we had to give Greg Taylor his debut, and although in my very biased opinion he did well, it's probably likely that Tierney would have played even better.

On 18/08/2019 at 06:22, kykudi said:

The desperation some Scotland fans have for Tierney to fail is bizarre. 

It's not just Tierney, we see it with just about every one of our players who play outside Scotland. Scottish folk love being fucking miserable and part of that is rubbishing anything good that we might ever have.

I'd still have McBurnie in behind Fletcher if they were available tbh. 

In an attacking sense, outwith Robertson our strongest area is our attacking midfielders/wide men, its them who we should be building the attack around. I think that as an attacking unit Fletcher works far better with holding the ball in and laying it off than McBurnie at present. 

He is also probably our best option at right-back when he is fit, I think. 

Says more about our right back options. If we had anybody semi competent in that position he would be considered.

Guest DAVIDB69
It's not just Tierney, we see it with just about every one of our players who play outside Scotland. Scottish folk love being fucking miserable and part of that is rubbishing anything good that we might ever have.

I get that but our standards are so low that we go the other way as well.

Hanley playing for Norwich people wanting him back in the squad.

Mctominamy has a couple of good games needs to be regular

Mcburnie signs for a premier league team ,suddenly he is our great hope despite being mince

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
7 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
With McKenna still injured it could be good timing to have Tierney back as a CB for the next two games

That didnt work well the last time. So no thanks

In what context? I remember him playing there vs the Netherlands in a back 4 and looking pretty solid?

BBC report saying this about Tierney:

“Tierney put in a hugely impressive performance full of excellent crosses and surging runs down the left flank and he could now be in contention to face Manchester United in the Premier League on Monday.

The standing ovation he received on being substituted spoke for the fans' appreciation”