Kieran Tierney

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:13, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

McBurnie, who has looked nothing but average, at international level, versus Tierney who is clearly comfortable in the CL. There’s no comparison.

Has ANY Celtic player of the last few seasons looked 'clearly comfortable' in the CL?

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Aye, that'll be why he's looked so brilliant.

I didn't say he was the same player as Rhodes.  The parallel is that they've looked far better at club level than they have at international (so far).  Those two are by no means alone in that.

I'd say he's better than Harry Souttar though.

That's obvious.

Stoke have just sent Souttar back out on loan to Joey Barton's FleetWood Town. 

City have signed Liam Lindsay so Souttar would be fifth choice at best.

[emoji23] Now that's damning!

I quite liked Chris Martin actually.  Admittedly looked like a haddy at times, but most of his appearances saw him thrown on with very little chance to actually change the game.  He shouldered (big shooders, mind) a lot of the blame for being one of the best of a fairly average group.  If we had anyone better in the moments he was called upon, he wouldn't have been there.  and that's not to say he was bad.

His best performances were the rare chances he got to start and not be forced into chasing Strachanball punts. I quite liked him too.

34 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

His best performances were the rare chances he got start and be forced into chasing Strachanball punts. I quite liked him too.

I thought he did well any time he played tbh. Always caused a bit of panic and, of course, won the free-kick for Leigh Griffiths to put us 2-1 up against Engerlund. 

I thought he did well any time he played tbh. Always caused a bit of panic and, of course, won the free-kick for Leigh Griffiths to put us 2-1 up against Engerlund. 

With a massive dive. Good stuff.

On 20/07/2019 at 12:01, skippy2015 said:

Martins goal against Slovenia was really important at the time we should have won 3 or 4 nil that night missed loads of chances

Was that not Slovakia at Hampden?  Remember thinking a couple of minutes before the goal that it was going to be one of those nights, and despite battering ten men for what seemed like hours, we would just never score.  Cometh the hour, cometh the huuuuuuge arse.

Was that not Slovakia at Hampden?  Remember thinking a couple of minutes before the goal that it was going to be one of those nights, and despite battering ten men for what seemed like hours, we would just never score.  Cometh the hour, cometh the huuuuuuge arse.
It was Slovenia. The Slovakia game was a Skrtel OG.

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, forameus said:

It was Slovenia. The Slovakia game was a Skrtel OG.

Ah, so it was, my mistake.  Was Chris Martin not the one effectively making him make the OG?  Might be misremembering that too.