Kieran Tierney

5 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I know that he would bomb in the EPL. Please bookmark for when he gets his £15m move to Newcastle or Everton.

Lol.  Tierney will stroll the EFL he was the best player on the park against man city aged 19. 

He'll be at least as good as Robertson probably a little better.  He has the full package.  Robertson is excellent offensively but Tierney is equally good going both ways.  The top clubs in the world are watching him very closely right now.  One will bid for him soon.

Lol.  Tierney will stroll the EFL he was the best player on the park against man city aged 19. 
He'll be at least as good as Robertson probably a little better.  He has the full package.  Robertson is excellent offensively but Tierney is equally good going both ways.  The top clubs in the world are watching him very closely right now.  One will bid for him soon.

2nd best, Scott Brown cigared that one.

I've heard a rumour he's a cocky p***k who's in need of a good, two-footed challenge, and nothing he's done on the park in his so-far absolutely tepid career as a flat track bully has convinced me otherwise.

The Man City game was a one off game. The boy Cochrane at Hearts had a stormer when they beat Celtic 4-0 does that mean that he would stroll into the Celtic team. Also worth mentioning that he is a defender and in that game did his team not concede 3 goals?

Personally I agree he is at least as good as Robertson ability wise but Robertson has proved it only a wee bit in the EPL. Let’s not kid ourselves on and forget that a lot of players have great seasons every now and again. Once Robertson (and Tierney) have done it at the top level for a good few seasons then we can start talking about how amazing they are.

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

The Man City game was a one off game. The boy Cochrane at Hearts had a stormer when they beat Celtic 4-0 does that mean that he would stroll into the Celtic team. Also worth mentioning that he is a defender and in that game did his team not concede 3 goals?

Personally I agree he is at least as good as Robertson ability wise but Robertson has proved it only a wee bit in the EPL. Let’s not kid ourselves on and forget that a lot of players have great seasons every now and again. Once Robertson (and Tierney) have done it at the top level for a good few seasons then we can start talking about how amazing they are.

He was excellent against Bayern this year too.  They're both class acts who will spend ten years at the top of the game.  It's been glaringly obvious for both since they were 18.

50 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Robertson is better than Tierney.

The best Tierney could hope for is move to a shitey, non-entity EPL club like Brighton or Watford.

I can only assume you're trolling or don't see much Scottish football over there, Tierney is better than Robertson was at that age and will be first choice for a club like man utd.

Don't get all this hype over Tierney. The best he comes against in the domestic game is  shite like  Gary McKay-Steven or Daniel Candeias and every time Celtic play someone decent in Europe they get embarrassed. Saying things like he will play for a bigger club than Liverpool is just ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Don't get all this hype over Tierney. The best he comes against in the domestic game is  shite like  Gary McKay-Steven or Daniel Candeias and every time Celtic play someone decent in Europe they get embarrassed. Saying things like he will play for a bigger club than Liverpool is just ridiculous. 

If you don't get it that's cause you don't know a top player when you see one.  It couldn't have been more obvious for about two and a half years now Tierney will play for one of the five or six top clubs in world football.  It was the same with Robertson.  It's just obvious if you know what you're looking at.

10 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I've heard a rumour he's a cocky p***k who's in need of a good, two-footed challenge, and nothing he's done on the park in his so-far absolutely tepid career as a flat track bully has convinced me otherwise.

While that's probably leaning on the harsh side of critical, I don't really see him as much more than a competent full back, whereas Robertson at times is a genuinely exciting player.  I'd imagine Tierney's long term future at international level  is at centre back, at which point things look a little different. 

At this point, Robertson is a better player for Scotland and it's not really close.   No question though that Tierney is capable of playing for, and next season should be playing for, a better team than Celtic.  You just wonder if he's being as well advised as Robertson.

11 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Wouldn't surprise me - he frequently fakes injury and dives to try and get players booked, the hallmark of a snivelling wee c**t.  Good player, his touch needs to improve but definitely has the attributes to go all the way to the top. Long way to go before he's displacing Robertson in any Scotland team though.

15 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

He was excellent against Bayern this year too.  They're both class acts who will spend ten years at the top of the game.  It's been glaringly obvious for both since they were 18.

It was obvious when robertson was just starting to get a game for Queens Park?

16 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Possibly, but there and plenty of  great players who come across as  "cocky p***ks".

I think Tierney is an excellent player but I'm not convinced he's a defender - he's been posted missing for a few of the goals Celtic have conceded in Europe this season (PSG away for example).  Maybe his future is in a more forward role.

I'd imagine that him being a Celtic fan will mean he is there until they either win 10 in a row or monumentally f**k up the opportunity to do so. If it happens that means he will probably leave when he is 24 or so, which is plenty of time to make his mark on a bigger stage.

Needs to work a bit on the defensive side of his game, but he certainly looks like he has the potential to do well wherever he ends up.

Will be interesting to see what he does. Like Robertson, he'd be best to go to a mid-table Premier League where he's getting guaranteed game time for a couple of years and then move on to a bigger club. But is he going to give up 10 in a row to play for a Watford type team? Probably not.

I think he is a better player at his age than Robertson was, but the difference was that Robertson's moves were perfectly timed. Each time he stepped up to an achieveable level, played for a couple of years and then moved on before he went stale. I worry if Tierney stays at Celtic much longer he will stagnate and become too comfortable ans his progress will level off. He will need to be pushed to get better and he's not going to get that playing against the same poor quality sides for the next 3-4 years.

You base a players ability on the overall performance of a team?
Tierney is one of few players who have consistently played well in Europe for us. But we get humped regularly so he must be shite I suppose.

I’d agree he’d be best moving at the end of next season. No harm in having an extra full season of game time in Scotland then moving down south or abroad at 21 to try and compete for a starting place with better players around him.