Kieran Tierney

18 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Despite Arsenal being on worst run of season and rumblings of Arteta not being happy with things he still can't get a game. 

Has only had 12 minutes of league football this year and has only completed 90 league minutes  twice all season with last one being mid sept. And has only started 1 league match in 5 months. 

Is his position in the Scotland starting 11 in jeopardy? Unless we need him as central half I can't see him starting.

Absolutely no chance Tierney doesn't start for Scotland because of a lack of first team starts.

Interesting fantasy you have though.

On 26/02/2023 at 02:43, Binos said:

Gone from 60 games a season to 6 games a season 

He has made 25 appearances this season.

He has played 60 games for Celtic once 5 years ago.

His record for EPL appearances in a season is 27.

So far this season, he has managed only 6 fewer league appearances than the entirety of last season.

I'm sure some posters think it's better for the national team if Tierney plays 60 games for Celtic, for me far better to play 26 (so far, with a big chunk of the season still to go) for a team chasing the EPL title.

Edited by Satoshi

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

He has made 25 appearances this season.

He has played 60 games for Celtic once 5 years ago.

His record for EPL appearances in a season is 27.

So far this season, he has managed only 6 fewer league appearances than the entirety of last season.

I'm sure some posters think it's better for the national team if Tierney plays 60 games for Celtic, for me far better to play 26 (so far, with a big chunk of the season still to go) for a team chasing the EPL title.

Let's put that in context shall we. He has made 25 appearances this season totalling 1142 minutes which averages to about 45 minutes per game. In terms of league games he has made 16 appearances totalling 460 minutes averaging 28 minutes per game. He has also only played 138 minutes this year and in terms of league minutes he has 13 minutes. He also hasn't played 90 minutes since we played Turkey in November and hasn't played 90 minutes for Arsenal since the beginning of November.  

You are correct that he his record epl appearances is 27 and he averaged 85 minutes a game over that period. He also has appeared 6 times less that last year but last year he averaged 87 minutes per game then compared with 28 this season.

Think we all agree Tierney doesn't need to play 90 minutes 60 times a season but if you genuinely think his current playing time is of benefit to him and the national team then you are absolutely deluded.

I have clearly already said he is a good enough player to start regularly at a top team.

And he probably will move in the summer, he will have no shortage of suitors and Arsenal will be keen to keep him - no doubt extracting a big profit on his purchase price.

It's possible that lesser minutes this season has helped him avoid chronic injury issues - let's hope they are gone for good.

But he's in no rush, Arsenal wouldn't have sold him in the summer and as a model pro he won't have upset the team in their best ever season. And whether you like it or not, his sub appearances will still very much merit him a winners medal if Arsenal end up as champions.

His Scotland selection chances will not at all be affected by his lack of starts at Arsenal. Id bet good money on this.

For all we know, his top flight career will have been extended by this mini break.

58 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Let's put that in context shall we. He has made 25 appearances this season totalling 1142 minutes which averages to about 45 minutes per game. In terms of league games he has made 16 appearances totalling 460 minutes averaging 28 minutes per game. He has also only played 138 minutes this year and in terms of league minutes he has 13 minutes. He also hasn't played 90 minutes since we played Turkey in November and hasn't played 90 minutes for Arsenal since the beginning of November.  

You are correct that he his record epl appearances is 27 and he averaged 85 minutes a game over that period. He also has appeared 6 times less that last year but last year he averaged 87 minutes per game then compared with 28 this season.

Think we all agree Tierney doesn't need to play 90 minutes 60 times a season but if you genuinely think his current playing time is of benefit to him and the national team then you are absolutely deluded.

Tbh I dont think he believes any of it himself anymore. Hes a parody account now, unfortunately one with no humor.

I have my doubts if Tierney’s body can handle games every week. I think Neil Lennon wrecked him. I have no problem with him playing football at a very high level without playing every week . It’s a squad game these days. I’m not sure the Swedes, Croatians or Serbs get overly concerned if their players at top clubs aren’t on the pitch every week. 

20 minutes ago, woof! said:

I have my doubts if Tierney’s body can handle games every week. I think Neil Lennon wrecked him. I have no problem with him playing football at a very high level without playing every week . It’s a squad game these days. I’m not sure the Swedes, Croatians or Serbs get overly concerned if their players at top clubs aren’t on the pitch every week. 

There’s a difference between “not being on the pitch every week” and “hardly ever being on the pitch at all”.

Tierney since Christmas has been in the latter category.

Hopefully Arsenal make a long run in the Europa league which should get him more games. 

He is still absolutely guaranteed to be a Scotland starter.

What would people want Tierney to do differently? Agitate for a move publicly and upset his team in a huge season for them.

He's been dropped not for performance but for tactical reasons. And has handled it like the model pro he is.

He will likely get his move this summer alongside glowing references from his manager and his team mates (who say he is the best trainer at the club).

Lesser players would have thrown their toys out the pram. I'm not at all surprised Tierney has stayed, and put 100% into training and when he gets on the pitch. Crying is for some people on this forum, not him.

25 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

What would people want Tierney to do differently? Agitate for a move publicly and upset his team in a huge season for them.

He's been dropped not for performance but for tactical reasons. And has handled it like the model pro he is.

He will likely get his move this summer alongside glowing references from his manager and his team mates (who say he is the best trainer at the club).

Lesser players would have thrown their toys out the pram. I'm not at all surprised Tierney has stayed, and put 100% into training and when he gets on the pitch. Crying is for some people on this forum, not him.

I wonder if he might be persuaded to give it one more season at Arsenal given that they’ll be in the Champions League next season. Zinchenko won’t be able to handle 60 games per season so KT will get more high profile appearances next year compared to the Europa League this season. 

37 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Will you actually be engaging with what other people have said at any point?

This is about the third time today that you've made up an opinion nobody holds, written a post arguing against it and then finished off with a sage 'guess everyone on this forum is an idiot except me'.

Appreciate that this is all just deflection because you realise you've been proven spectacularly wrong on your early season 'Tierney isn't actually second choice' thing, but actually having a discussion with people rather than making things up might be worth a go.

Edited by MrWorldwideJr