Kieran Tierney

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

A second-rate Spanish club would hardly be the making of him. If the rumours are true then he should really be holding out for Spurs or Man Utd.

I'm assuming a whoosh. Well played sir.

Why would Tierney bother himself with some pub league diddies like Athletico if he can get a move to a genuinely big club, like Bournemouth? Sure, it's a risk from Bournemouth's perspective, but I think a young talent like Tierney could eventually grow into a decent squad player there, even if he requires a spell with the Under-21s to acclimatise, or perhaps a couple of seasons on loan at a mid-table League One side. 

Why would Tierney bother himself with some pub league diddies like Athletico if he can get a move to a genuinely big club, like Bournemouth? Sure, it's a risk from Bournemouth's perspective, but I think a young talent like Tierney could eventually grow into a decent squad player there, even if he requires a spell with the Under-21s to acclimatise, or perhaps a couple of seasons on loan at a mid-table League One side. 

I’m thinking a wee loan move to Millwall to toughen him up a bit first.

Hopefully Tierney will ignore these rumours from the Spanish backwater and knuckle down in order to secure a glamour move to Burnley. He probably wouldn't enjoy the food over in Spain anyway.

Atletico? Pathetico, more like!

No chance he's getting a regular game for utd, spurs, Chelsea or city not happening he's miles away from that level and he knows it that's why he will stay coasting it in the spl

Seems a bit harsh, he’s only 20 and still developing his game and in time could make it to a bigger club.
Don’t see any harm in him doing similar to Robertson or Van Dijk or Wanyama and moving to a smaller premier league club down south to develop his game and if he’s good enough after a few seasons then get picked up by a bigger club again.
Hopefully he’s got the ambition to want to make such moves.

12 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

They're not as successful historically as Madrid or Barca, but "second rate"? Really? Two CL finals in recent years, EL final later this month, La Liga title in 2014.

Spurs haven't won anything for 10 years. To compare them favourably with Atletico is ludicrous.

That said, I can't see Celtic selling Tierney any time soon. Their fans would go nuts unless it was for absolutely silly money, and I just don't see anyone paying that for someone who hasn't played regularly outside Scotland. Plus there has been no sign of him showing any interest in a move.

A "second rate" Spanish club would be a massive step up from Celtic, anyway.  If Atletico Madrid want Tierney (and I rather doubt that they do), they'll get him.

Kieran Tierney could have his pick of clubs in the English Championship, why would he throw that all away to play for some athletics club in Spain.  Can't get me nut round it. 

Edited by itzdrk

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I doubt Athletic Madrid could afford Kay Tee.

Hopefully a Burnley or a Brighton & Hove make a move in the summer.

My nan would stand out in the Scottish pub league tbh (to be honest).

Your saturday team could be plying there trade in a pub league soon enough

9 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You really think we can get promoted?

No but I do see you going in to administration which is very sad as I remember the heady days of reaching uefa cup finals. Shame what the new owners have done.

Mail saying that Celtic's price is £30M.

That struck me as being slightly on the low side, given the prices punted about at the top level in England. Luke Shaw went for about that a few years back, and prices have only inflated since then.

Edited by JamesM82

4 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Mail saying that Celtic's price is £30M.

That struck me as being slightly on the low side, given the prices punted about at top level England. Luke Shaw went for about that a few years back, and prices have only inflated since then.

But Luke Shaw went from a team in the same league.  Clubs know they can probably lop off a fair bit of the price for buying from the Scottish Leagues.  From Celtic's perspective, you'd hope they'd play hardball to get that price up, but not sure how much capacity there is for it.

If clubs think he's worth £30m as a player then they'll pay that, regardless of what league he plays in.  This is obviously particularly true if there's a bidding war, which it certainly appears like there is going to be.  I think Celtic could easily end up getting something in that region.