Kieran Tierney

10 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I see he played 84 minutes which is pretty good by his standards.

The main thing for Scotland is that our players are getting minutes. Ideally they're playing well individually in a team that are performing well as a whole, but when it comes down to it we only need them kept warm at club level.

Edited by 2426255

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

I don’t know whether it’s anything to do with carbs or not, but the idea is that the player would normally have done some sort of exercise on a Tuesday, whether that be a training session at his club or a midweek match. Because he didn’t actually play in the international match, he needs to run laps of the pitch to get his fitness in for the day, he can’t just lose a day if that makes sense.

I understand what you mean but the thing is 30 mins jogging is going to do next to nothing for a pro athlete's fitness save for keeping them ticking over. I'm a complete amateur and I run 30 minutes just to recover from harder sessions.

It might be for just that, maintaining their aerobic fitness a bit while keeping their legs moving so they are not stiff the next day, but if they want to burn extra stored carbs some of those laps will have to be hard efforts.