Kieran Tierney

11 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Also he wasn't able to burst forward as much which has always been a feature of his game from that position. Especially against the weaker teams.

Im not sure giving him 90 mins was the best idea tbh, id rather he played 60 so he's got more in the tank for Spain.

It was the lowest intensity game imaginable so I’m sure he will be fine - I think quite a few of them were managing themselves through the game with Tuesday in mind. 

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It was the lowest intensity game imaginable so I’m sure he will be fine - I think quite a few of them were managing themselves through the game with Tuesday in mind. 

Hopefully yeah, 2 games in 3 days is a hell of a lot more than hes been used to for a while tho.

Its weird were even discussing wether playing regularly is better than hardly playing 🤣 some folk will go to ridiculous lengths rather than simply just say they got something wrong.

16 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Hopefully yeah, 2 games in 3 days is a hell of a lot more than hes been used to for a while tho.

Its weird were even discussing wether playing regularly is better than hardly playing 🤣 some folk will go to ridiculous lengths rather than simply just say they got something wrong.

if you are not playing you can't get injured. He should sit out training also if there is tackling involved. Or grass to catch studs on. 

big-brain-point-finger-at-forehead.gif

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

if you are not playing you can't get injured. He should sit out training also if there is tackling involved. Or grass to catch studs on. 

big-brain-point-finger-at-forehead.gif

Perhaps Scotland could buy out their contracts and they would only play in Scotland games🤣

I can never understand using examples of players who played for international teams when not playing for their clubs.

Would those players have been able to perform better if they had been playing regularly? Of course they could, its not even debatable.

Never mind how many examples you could make of international players who stopped playing for their clubs. And then got less international games, gilmour being a pretty fitting example. Or even brazils first choice left back 🤣

29 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Perhaps Scotland could buy out their contracts and they would only play in Scotland games🤣

I can never understand using examples of players who played for international teams when not playing for their clubs.

Would those players have been able to perform better if they had been playing regularly? Of course they could, its not even debatable.

Never mind how many examples you could make of international players who stopped playing for their clubs. And then got less international games, gilmour being a pretty fitting example. Or even brazils first choice left back 🤣

Would that be the first choice left back who hasn't started a game in almost 2 years. Clearly Brazil's most important player and just keeping him fresh for the big games. 

The usual suspects having a go at Tierney again, they would if he scored a hattrick to be honest - it's just how they are wired.

Interesting, several media outlets specitifially commented he didn't look rusty - because he didn't.

He had another good game, must really stick in the craw of the haters.

Still, bing can keep laughably pretending to not read my posts then run a million miles when he is caught out. His post on Tomiyasu getting more minutes than Tierney looking absolutely dreadful now - suspect he will be running and hiding for a while.

No comment on the fact pretty much every nation (including their faves England) have players in the starting lineup playing less than Tierney. What a surprise 😂

10 hours ago, Satoshi said:

The usual suspects having a go at Tierney again, they would if he scored a hattrick to be honest - it's just how they are wired.

Interesting, several media outlets specitifially commented he didn't look rusty - because he didn't.

He had another good game, must really stick in the craw of the haters.

Still, bing can keep laughably pretending to not read my posts then run a million miles when he is caught out. His post on Tomiyasu getting more minutes than Tierney looking absolutely dreadful now - suspect he will be running and hiding for a while.

No comment on the fact pretty much every nation (including their faves England) have players in the starting lineup playing less than Tierney. What a surprise 😂

What now that Tomiyasu is injured for the rest of the season? 🤣 aye he might get ahead of him again now Tomiyasu physically can't play.

Also I would say those "several" media outfits were incorrect. And perhaps not sure what Tierney is capable of.

Can you link to these several articles saying Tierney showed no signs of rust?

24 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Spot on , can this thread now be closed in his favour ?

Whos favour? Im not sure you have understood whats being discussed Ewan.

I would prefer if Tierney played more for his club, so he's at his best for Scotland. Literally nobody (bar the odd troll account) is having a go at Tierney and saying he's a bad player. Or has played badly.

Only that to be at his best it would be ideal if he was playing more regularly for his club. Do you disagree? Prefer him playing 5 mins off the bench every 2nd wk?

22 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

He also came off early tbf.

Im not sure how wanting our players to be as fit and good as they can possibly be can be turned into having a go at them.

It’s just a wee joke after our biggest win in yonks. Enjoy the night.

6 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Translated, had a look thru the thread and actually realised I'm a big fan of Tierney.

I haven’t done anything of the sort.

I think you’d get more enjoyment from just enjoying the win instead of taking every post on here as a personal attack.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

🤣 sure man, coming on to have a dig at me. Missing the mark and yet I'm in the wrong🤨

Where in my original post did I have a dig at you specifically?

You give the impression that you think every post on here is made with you in mind.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Where in my original post did I have a dig at you specifically?

You give the impression that you think every post on here is made with you in mind.

In this particular post yes I do, or anyone who had been concerned (legitimately) about Tierney being rusty.

If your saying thats not the case then fine.

48 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Negative vibes !

Did he not come off early?

Theres nothing negative about it. We all want Scotland to be doing well. For me it helps if our players are playing for their clubs and fully match fit. It would have been ideal for Keiran to be able to play the full 90mins, as hes one of our best players.

If you prefer him not fully fit then I don't really understand why.