Kieran Tierney

Linked with Newcastle, Villa and Leeds today.  Think they'd all be good moves for him, doesn't make sense him sitting on the bench at this stage in his career.

image.png.8bf9cca4371fab2cb4ba3e812c1ed5d5.png

1 minute ago, Tartan Dave said:

Villa or Leeds would be utterly depressing. Get abroad son

Problem is how many clubs abroad can afford to pay the inflated Premier League transfer fees Arsenal would still be looking to get? Can't be too many and no guarantee those clubs would be interested.

Do agree though, at least Newcastle appear to be a club on the up.

Would love to see him go abroad tbh, I think he could go to a really decent side. Though sadly as he seemed to be homesick even in London, it’s hard to imagine him going anywhere further away. 

Tierney misses a game he was near certain to start in due to a virus. No surprise the usual suspects come on this thread to stick the boot in / continue to spout the obvious falsehood that he's third choice.

The question that will keep coming up - why do some posters only ever post negatively about players on this part of the forum? Why do some posters only bitch about someone not starting, but stay silent when someone plays well? What do you get out of it?

On 10/03/2023 at 16:32, Tartan Dave said:

Villa or Leeds would be utterly depressing. Get abroad son

I’d be astounded if Tierney ever moved abroad. This is a boy that got so homesick when he moved to London he moved a random Scottish lodger in with him.

5 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Was it not one of the Chefs from Arsenal? 

Apologies so it was, the point still stands that I’d never see him going abroad if that’s hr felt that bad just moving down the road to London.

Newcastle would obviously be a good move but even Villa wouldn’t be that bad a place for him to go.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

14 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Tierney misses a game he was near certain to start in due to a virus. No surprise the usual suspects come on this thread to stick the boot in / continue to spout the obvious falsehood that he's third choice.

The question that will keep coming up - why do some posters only ever post negatively about players on this part of the forum? Why do some posters only bitch about someone not starting, but stay silent when someone plays well? What do you get out of it?

Is he third choice now, I didn't know that 

On 04/11/2022 at 10:53, Satoshi said:

Tierney has played 817 first team minutes this season, that is actually more than Tomiyasu (770) and means he has the 10th highest minutes of any outfield player. That is emphatically not well out of the picture, nor is the fact he has featured in every premier league game except gameweek 6 (which was actually Arsenals only league loss of the season).

Arteta is clearly rotating his full backs, let's see if Tomiyasu ends up with more minutes when the season is out.

Now overall minutes

Tierney 1168

Tomiyasu 1259

If were talking minutes in the league

Tierney 486

Tomiyasu 651

Closed the gap and blown past him since that comment. Bit embarrassing for you 😳

You really took a break from pretending you don't read my posts to post that?

It looks like there is a 7% gap in their overall minutes. If Tierney hadn't been ill and had played the full 90 in the Europa League last week as expected the gap would be....1 minute.

So yeah "blown past him" indeed.

It's not embarrassing in the slightest, I said let's see and there's every likelihood that it will end up pretty close. The poster who said Tierney was third choice behind Tomiyasu made an egregious, obvious, factual error that you didn't comment on but you will pull me up for a prediction that is (currently) 7% out. Can't say I'm surprised. Tierney was ahead in my first post and everything I said was 100% factually accurate. A factual error would be saying he is well out the picture when he has the 10th most minutes of any outfield player - you did that at the time and I'm surprised you're willingly bringing it up again.

Maybe best course of action from here will be going back to pretending you don't read my posts.