Kieran Tierney

6 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Can you quote me promising to leave the discussion several times please?

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'm not going to converse with you further on the matter for the good of everyone else.

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So I'm going to ignore you and listen to him.

7 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Just one more thing.

It wasn't just one more thing though was it? You kept posting long after saying you were going to ignore me and not converse with me further.

You weren't aware Tierney had more minutes than Zinchenko or Tomiyasu, or that he had played every league game but one, or that he had the 10th most minutes of any outfield player when you said he was far off the first team and frozen out. You eventually realised this, after much prompting, and said he was a bit part player.

No need to keep digging, you can move on. 

44 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

But why is he playing the Europa League games and not the League games. It's quite clear there is some sort of issue there or he would it would be the opposite way about. He clearly can't start every league games easily because his manager is refusing to pick him

He has not been a big contributer to their league campaign as yet.

There is absolutely no way a player like Tierney is going to be content playing in Europa League games and getting 10 or 15 minutes in league games. 

Satoshi possibly doesn't understand the difference between starting games and coming on as a sub at the end of matches.

Just now, Satoshi said:

Bla Bla bla, brazils left back

Again, can you quote me saying I was leaving the discussion several times? Or just admit you got it wrong 🤷‍♂️ Don't be like the guy you were talking about from a few months ago or something.

Edit* you posted as I was posting, it seems you can't. So you were wrong......again. becoming a common theme.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Managers decision, maybe tactical, maybe something else. Their top of the league so he's clearly doing something right.

But I don't think Tierney will be happy with his playing time this season, he's an elite full back and other top clubs would offer him more game time.

His manager is not 'refusing to pick him' as he has played all but one league games, he seems reluctant to start him in the league and (recently) has been preferring Tomiyasu and Zinchenko in the league. No guarantee that will last the full season as Arteta clearly likes to rotate his full backs.

If he ends the season with more minutes than both of them (as he has now) and playing in all league matches except one (as he has until now) that won't be too bad a season. He's good enough to be starting league games elsewhere, no doubt about that, but no harm in playing a lot for a top of the table team.

Arteta may think he has been a big contributor, you may think he hasn't. I don't think it really matters, he has played every game except one (and the one he missed out was their sole defeat).

I would rather he continues at Arsenal, along top players and top coaches, than drop down to a lesser team and get more minutes. He is comfortably getting enough minutes to stay fit, and isn't getting too many that will lead to recurring injuries (which has been a big problem for him). So nothing particularly to worry about for me as a Scotland fan.

He would stroll into the Brazil team, and probably the England team (Shaw is a bit pish, but plays more regularly in a much worse team).

He's not playing a lot for a team top of the table though is he. He has played less than a third of the minutes that Arsenal have played in the league this season. 

Arsenal now don't have another Europa League game until March so based on Arteta's current preference at left back it could be a very long time until he starts another game.

Edited by dundeefc1783

13 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Satoshi possibly doesn't understand the difference between starting games and coming on as a sub at the end of matches.

Again, can you quote me saying I was leaving the discussion several times? Or just admit you got it wrong 🤷‍♂️ Don't be like the guy you were talking about from a few months ago or something.

Edit* you posted as I was posting, it seems you can't. So you were wrong......again. becoming a common theme.

The post was right above yours.

But it's okay, you admitted you didn't know that Tierney had played every PL game but one, his minutes were the tenth highest of any outfield player, and that he had more first team minutes than Zinchenko or Tomiyasu. Once I told you this, you (eventually) dropped the idea that he was frozen out and miles away for the first team, for the more moderate he was a bit part player. You learned and changed your terminology, I knew you would never admit you got it wrong, but I'm more than happy to share knowledge and enlighten a bit. Maybe next time you won't dive in before checking some stats first.

As for not understanding the difference between starts and coming on a substitute, I have posted maybe 4-5 times that he should be unhappy with the number of league starts he is getting. I don't think you read and/or understand the content my posts which would explain a lot.

And this will be my last reply to you posts on this discussion, and I will achieve it quite easily. I don't know why you struggled so badly with that, it's pretty basic self control.

10 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

He's not playing a lot for a team top of the table though is he. He has played less than a third of the minutes that Arsenal have played in the league this season. 

Arsenal now don't have another Europa League game until March so based on Arteta's current preference at left back it could be a very long time until he starts another game.

I guess we will wait and see. I expect he will start 1 of the three games Arsenal have before the end of the year, and knowing his record so far, will play some part in all of them.

I would much rather he played the role he is playing for Arsenal, than shred his body playing every minute for a lesser team, surrounded by worse players and worse coaches.

He's a good enough player to get both though, and if his league starts don't improve I expect he will be seeking a move next summer. And will have plenty of suitors, almost every team in the world would want Tierney as a squad player or starting. He's far better than the likes of Cuccrella who went for big money in the summer and has been a disaster. He would be an automatic starter in almost every national team in the world (Scotland one of the very few with a better orthodox left back). His minutes for Arsenal this season doesn't affect this in the slightest, and some of the knicker wetting on here (predictably) has gone too far.

Edited by Satoshi

Just now, Satoshi said:

The post was right above yours.

But it's okay, you admitted you didn't know that Tierney had played every PL game but one, his minutes were the tenth highest of any outfield player, and that he had more first team minutes than Zinchenko or Tomiyasu. Once I told you this, you (eventually) dropped the idea that he was frozen out and miles away for the first team, for the more moderate he was a bit part player. You learned and changed your terminology, I knew you would never admit you got it wrong, but I'm more than happy to share knowledge and enlighten a bit. Maybe next time you won't dive in before checking some stats first.

As for not understanding the difference between starts and coming on a substitute, I have posted maybe 4-5 times that he should be unhappy with the number of league starts he is getting. I don't think you read and/or understand the content my posts which would explain a lot.

And this will be my last reply to you posts on this discussion, and I will achieve it quite easily. I don't know why you struggled so badly with that, it's pretty basic self control.

I guess we will wait and see. I expect he will start 1 of the three games Arsenal have before the end of the year, and knowing his record so far, will play some part in all of them.

I would much rather he played the role he is playing for Arsenal, than shred his body playing every minute for a lesser team, surrounded by worse players and worse coaches.

He's a good enough player to get both though, and if his league starts don't improve I expect he will be seeking a move next summer. And will have plenty of suitors, almost every team in the world would want Tierney as a squad player or starting. He's far better than the likes of Cuccrella who went for big money in the summer and has been a disaster. He would be an automatic starter in almost every national team in the world (Scotland one of the very few with a better orthodox left back). His minutes for Arsenal this season doesn't affect this in the slightest, and some of the knicker wetting on here (predictably) has gone too far.

Considering the complete arse you have made of yourself so far, that would be for the best.

Its unfortunate that Tierney is frozen out of the first team currently. Hes mentioned himself getting used to a new way of playing as a more inverted fullback. Its understandable that with Zinchenkos midfield experience, hes more able to adapt tho. But the fact Tomiyasu is also in front of him is worrying.

But thats all bye the bye, whats important is how it compares to brazils 1st choice left back who has played once for them this year. And not been selected in their squad at all 🤣 How many posts did you make about that again.

17 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

ffs m8, can you take some of your own advice and do the same? You clog up these threads making the exact same points a hundred times.

Those responding to him are the real villains though. Murder polis.

If I were an absolute wee man I would trawl through this page looking for the smug posts getting it right up all of us who were remotely sceptical that he'd make it at Arsenal. You know, the ones that multi-quoted loads of posts from when he first moved which dared to suggest that he might struggle due to his injury record, or that he might not be good enough for that level. 

I'm disappointed that it's worked out for him this way, because I love him, and he's tremendous for Scotland. I don't know why Arteta doesn't rate him now, but he doesn't. He needs to move on. Hopefully to a less physical league. It won't be to a top, top team though, and I'm fine with that. 

Just now, velo army said:

If I were an absolute wee man I would trawl through this page looking for the smug posts getting it right up all of us who were remotely sceptical that he'd make it at Arsenal. You know, the ones that multi-quoted loads of posts from when he first moved which dared to suggest that he might struggle due to his injury record, or that he might not be good enough for that level. 

I'm disappointed that it's worked out for him this way, because I love him, and he's tremendous for Scotland. I don't know why Arteta doesn't rate him now, but he doesn't. He needs to move on. Hopefully to a less physical league. It won't be to a top, top team though, and I'm fine with that. 

Its early days man, its only been a couple of months hes been out the team. Plus he's been getting minutes in Europe.

I reckon its to do with the way the full backs are playing, more inverted (i read that on an arsenal forum, I dont watch enough of arsenal myself)

Tierney hasn't got any worse, he's still absolutely tremendous. He maybe just needs a bit of time to get used to doing what the manager wants and he can come back strong.

Thats saying if he can't work his way back in id rather he left, but I still think he can.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

Top team full backs include clearly inferior players like Shaw, Cucurella and Marcos Alonso (as well as many others).

Tierney is certainly good enough for a top level team.

As I predicted, he started at least one of Arsenal's remaining three matches this year.

Aye he will be absolutely buzzing with confidence now. You called it right again, never wrong, what a guy.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

When Arteta shat it and started to put on his first team players to try and get back in the game he hooked Tierney.

Interesting.

And he hooked Zinchenko, for Tierney, to hold onto the win against Chelsea.

Not a great trolling effort I'm afraid - back to the drawing board.

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

When Arteta shat it and started to put on his first team players to try and get back in the game he hooked Tierney.

Interesting.

To be fair, more than once he’s had to hook Zinchenko for Tierney to try and actually defend that left-hand side because the inverted way they play with Zinchenko, leaves it wide open. 

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Top team full backs include clearly inferior players like Shaw, Cucurella and Marcos Alonso (as well as many others).

Tierney is certainly good enough for a top level team.

As I predicted, he started at least one of Arsenal's remaining three matches this year.

Didn't get 90 minutes though did he.