Kieran Tierney

That's a fair enough point of view, i have never given a f**k about the national team, so it does puzzle me when i see nonsense like ''Kenny McLean is too good for Norwich''  but to each their own, be interesting to see what one of these heroes gets hammered on here when you don't make it to the big show though.

Who has ever said that about Kenny fucking McLean?

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You can spare us your opinion then and leave us to it. 

Hes a Scotsman who when asked who he supports simply said "the EPL".

Just stick him on ignore.

18 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

some fella in the billy gilmour thread

It was my post you referred to although am surprised you give a toss. Purely based on him being very impressive in recent weeks. There are plenty glaring weaknesses in that Norwich side and Kenny isn't one of them. My son in law is a Norwich fan and his mates all rate him

On 15/12/2021 at 12:16, BingMcCrosby said:

He seems to be the fans choice as captain also. So i think it is relevant to the discussion on Tierney.

And apologies if you disagree with the last few posts. But frankly ill post what I want.

I was out in North London on Saturday night.   Got talking to a few Arsenal fans who had been watching the Leeds game.  I asked what they thought of Tierney and one guy shot back straight away with "future captain" (didn't say of Arsenal right enough but I assumed so!)...then they all belted out this football song which I hadn't heard before using The Doors tune 'Tell All the People"....

"Tell all the Spurs scum that you see

Kieran Tierney  

Kie-ran Tierney"

a bit sh*t but again, first time I'd heard The Doors being used as a footie chant so fair fux.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Perhaps on his way to Real Madrid this summer???

https://www.elespanol.com/elbernabeu/real-madrid/futbol/20220210/kieran-tierney-defensa-real-madrid-casting-lateral/649185290_0.html
Prepared to offer £30mill as they perhaps see him as the replacement for Marcelo!!!

That's not what the article says. It says he has been identified as an option, but since they are looking for a squad player who can bench behind Ferland Mendy, the asking price which will be over 30m is too much. They are basically saying they are willing to pay up to €30m for their squad player, not that Tierney is valued at €30m

the Scotland National Team a fair number of players in official leadership roles

Captains:

• Craig Gordon (Hearts)
  • Grant Hanley (Norwich
  • Liam Cooper (Leeds Utd)
  • Stephen O'Donnell (Motherwell)
  • Callum McGregor (Celtic)
  • Andrew Robertson (Scotland)

Vice Captains:

• Kieran Tierney (Arsenal)
  • John Souttar (Hearts)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/former-celtic-ace-convinced-hes-26291740

Quite interesting, although I haven't listened to the full podcast yet. I've wanted to hear about how the switch to the back three came about for quite a while now so hopefully this gives a bit of detail.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/former-celtic-ace-convinced-hes-26291740

Quite interesting, although I haven't listened to the full podcast yet. I've wanted to hear about how the switch to the back three came about for quite a while now so hopefully this gives a bit of detail.

I just listened to it and it’s really good. I don’t think I have ever heard Clarke speak as much as that or sound like he wasn’t grumpy as hell.

He does go into it a bit, though there were a couple of places where I was thinking that I hope the players aren’t listening to this! 

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

“A myth had built up around Kieran that he didn’t want to come and play with the national team, which wasn’t correct

He’s not wrong about that 

Clarke's claim that he somehow talked Tierney into playing as a left centre back and that this was his visionary idea to get them into the team like that is a total fiction. Tierney was only available for selection in 3 games under McLeish and played as a left-centre back in a 3 in all 3 of them. This was already the established idea at the time in terms of how to get both him and Robertson into the team. The only difference was that Tierney became available for selection on a regular basis to embed this into the team.

On his point about the myth around Tierney not wanting to play, it may not have been the case that he didn't want to play, but it is a fact that he was rarely available to play, often soon before/after he was playing for Celtic. I know around this time he was struggling with underlying injuries and had to manage his games so this is not a criticism as they pay his wages, but it did seem clear at the time that Scotland were not a priority (again, perhaps rightly) so it is understandable Scotland fans having this view.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

12 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

On his point about the myth around Tierney not wanting to play, it may not have been the case that he didn't want to play, but it is a fact that he was rarely available to play, often soon before/after he was playing for Celtic. I know around this time he was struggling with underlying injuries and had to manage his games so this is not a criticism as they pay his wages, but it did seem clear at the time that Scotland were not a priority (again, perhaps rightly) so it is understandable Scotland fans having this view.

I would say this has totally flipped recently. Tierney has played a lot for Scotland while having missed some club football he has been available for Scotland despite not playing for Arsenal to then miss games for Arsenal after international duty. There have been times I have expected him to miss an international break and he has showed up so I would hope that nobody still holds this view.