Kieran Tierney

On 23/06/2021 at 09:08, BingMcCrosby said:

Overall performances and results have been poor. We managed to get to this tournament by an excellent draw with serbia. A game we should have won in the 90mins. That along with the England game is our only good performances under Clarke. Hes produced some good performances when our backs to the wall. But thats it. He's unable to win games at home, we always look like the away team.

He got us to a tournament for the first time in 23 years, but we were not good. 2 home games and 0 points, its unforgivable. Hes already made a terrible start to the next qualifying. Its time we parted ways, hes never going to be a good manager for us. Last night as Souness says was dark ages stuff. Also the wrong team and tactics. But the worst thing of all was the reluctance to change things. We were on top in spells for the first half. Croatia started to control the game and we left the players out there to rot. Rather than freshen things up and get back at them. 

The changes were to litte to late and now were out. Arguably the worst team in the tournament. Yes turkey and North Macedonia lost all 3 games, but neither played a home game. And we played 2. Nothing against the guy, I want every scotland manager to succeed. But its been poor overall. It really has. Strachan when we went deserved to go, but he had the team playing better than this. Were going nowhere.

Don't start your shite again Bing or I'll dredge all of this back up and put you you back in that wee box of yours.

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

let's not make shite up, not once have i said i didnt rate Tierney, not once, all i did was make that point more than a few gooners had jumped aboard the Tavares hype train, but currently on this shithole of a thread, no one can say anything even remotely critical about anything scotland related, yet it wasnt that long ago 95% of you wanted Clarke sacked.

Indeed, what you were saying was that only tartan army fan boys think he would win his place back in the team. And you think he's so far out the picture he's likely to be sold tho eh.

On 04/12/2021 at 23:28, BingMcCrosby said:

I'd imagine Tierney will be first choice again shortly, hes an excellent player.

Arteta should have a look at Daniel Farke and realise what happens when you don't play one of our main guys. 

On 05/12/2021 at 00:26, Meldrew said:

That's a very tartan army opinion, Arsenal fans are pretty much 50/50 with him these days, i could see him elsewhere next season.

Which was very quickly proven to be absolute horseshit.

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Indeed, what you were saying was that only tartan army fan boys think he would win his place back in the team. And you think he's so far out the picture he's likely to be sold tho eh.

Which was very quickly proven to be absolute horseshit.

some of those fellas who watch him every week aren't as impressed as your average tartan army punter

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/kieran-tierney-every-little-helps.35194/page-13

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Turns out the average tartan army punter was correct tho.

That would make a pleasant change if it's the case.

On 19/11/2021 at 13:18, 2426255 said:

I see Bing has slithered back out from under his wee rock since I stopped taking ownership of this thread. 

image.thumb.png.dbe63389b617cfdaa9f48de4940a4de7.png

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Turns out the average tartan army punter was correct tho.

i don't really care who's right or wrong, i'm not a 10 year old kid, i rate the guy, always have, i just don't live in a football worlds where everything is rosy and the tartan army squad are looked upon as Brazil 70

Just now, Meldrew said:

i don't really care who's right or wrong, i'm not a 10 year old kid, i rate the guy, always have, i just don't live in a football worlds where everything is rosy and the tartan army squad are looked upon as Brazil 70

Let's just call it what it is, you've never posted on here before.

You came on specifically to try and annoy us. Giving your "balanced opinion" that Tierney was finished at arsenal and on the way out. 2 games later what you have been pushing as the truth we couldn't see is a pile of pants.

Come back and do the same thing next time he's coming back from injury please.

10 hours ago, Meldrew said:

some of those fellas who watch him every week aren't as impressed as your average tartan army punter

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/kieran-tierney-every-little-helps.35194/page-13

I’ve read that forum a bit over the years (my friend is an Arsenal fan and showed me it) and to be honest, it’s a really weird place.

I wouldn’t be citing their opinion on any of their players - they seem to love all their new players as the best ever then once they have a bad patch, consider them awful, slag them all time and want them sold.

They seem to hate all their players eventually, and usually it becomes divorced from how they are actually playing and they just start having odd biases where when they are good it’s lucky and bad is reverting to type. Dislike for Tierney was inevitable and Tavares will get the same after a while. Even Saka, who is one of their own academy players has started getting a hard time.

10 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I’ve read that forum a bit over the years (my friend is an Arsenal fan and showed me it) and to be honest, it’s a really weird place.

I wouldn’t be citing their opinion on any of their players - they seem to love all their new players as the best ever then once they have a bad patch, consider them awful, slag them all time and want them sold.

They seem to hate all their players eventually, and usually it becomes divorced from how they are actually playing and they just start having odd biases where when they are good it’s lucky and bad is reverting to type. Dislike for Tierney was inevitable and Tavares will get the same after a while. Even Saka, who is one of their own academy players has started getting a hard time.

that's not unusual on any forum for a top supported team in the english top flight

10 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Let's just call it what it is, you've never posted on here before.

You came on specifically to try and annoy us. Giving your "balanced opinion" that Tierney was finished at arsenal and on the way out. 2 games later what you have been pushing as the truth we couldn't see is a pile of pants.

Come back and do the same thing next time he's coming back from injury please.

i never came on here  to annoy or give a ''balanced'' opinion about Tierney, as was actually on here asking ''what the f**k are the tartan army watching'' as i seen post after post praising Scott McTominay 

38 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Keown is a fool and this article offers no insight or detail. It doesn't seem wholly relevant to the discussion either. Also, the last page has been a tedious back and forth between you and Meldrew that you instigated. Kindly desist.

Just now, velo army said:

Keown is a fool and this article offers no insight or detail. It doesn't seem wholly relevant to the discussion either. Also, the last page has been a tedious back and forth between you and Meldrew that you instigated. Kindly desist.

He seems to be the fans choice as captain also. So i think it is relevant to the discussion on Tierney.

And apologies if you disagree with the last few posts. But frankly ill post what I want.

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why do you keep posting links to them then? 

Because for some reason, almost everyone in this thread has currently changed their opinions and now the national team {and manager} walk on water, when some fans that watch them week in week out have an altogether different opinion, but any opinion on here that does sing their praises is wrong, just looking for a bit of balance, its borderline ''Follow Follow'' in this thread.

4 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

He seems to be the fans choice as captain also. So i think it is relevant to the discussion on Tierney.

And apologies if you disagree with the last few posts. But frankly ill post what I want.

what fans ? i see more saying Gabriel than i do anyone else, but as Velo Army said, this round about posting is tedious, you do know its alright not be be correct all the time ?

7 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Because for some reason, almost everyone in this thread has currently changed their opinions and now the national team {and manager} walk on water, when some fans that watch them week in week out have an altogether different opinion, but any opinion on here that does sing their praises is wrong, just looking for a bit of balance, its borderline ''Follow Follow'' in this thread.

There's probably countless players through the years who won't have nice words said about them at club level but never let Scotland down. I don't really know as like many others don't really care what some idiot English fans think of players but it's likely someone like Alan Hutton for example took pelters at his club at some point but was almost always immense for Scotland. Tierney has been excellent for us, so this constant "but look what the Arsenal fans say" really deserves an Alan Partridge shrug from everyone but it's taken up about two pages of drivel now. It's not balanced it's contrarian, there's a difference.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's probably countless players through the years who won't have nice words said about them at club level but never let Scotland down. I don't really know as like many others don't really care what some idiot English fans think of players but it's likely someone like Alan Hutton for example took pelters at his club at some point but was almost always immense for Scotland. Tierney has been excellent for us, so this constant "but look what the Arsenal fans say" really deserves an Alan Partridge shrug from everyone but it's taken up about two pages of drivel now. It's not balanced it's contrarian, there's a difference.

That's a fair enough point of view, i have never given a f**k about the national team, so it does puzzle me when i see nonsense like ''Kenny McLean is too good for Norwich''  but to each their own, be interesting to see what one of these heroes gets hammered on here when you don't make it to the big show though.

18 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

what fans ? i see more saying Gabriel than i do anyone else, but as Velo Army said, this round about posting is tedious, you do know its alright not be be correct all the time ?

Funnily enough Im one of the only folk on here big enough to admit to getting something wrong. But in this instance its not me who was wrong.