Kieran Tierney

18 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah I agree there’s a few on a similarish level, the PL has quite a few good LBs. Luke Shaw will make pretty much every team of the season though, and it’s not just because he’s English and plays for Man U. Tierney was really good for Scotland in the recent games, and outshone Robertson, and he’s had a pretty decent season overall for Arsenal. However, Robertson hasn’t had his best year, in the previous couple of seasons he was a key part of a PL and Champions League winning side. You’ve obviously got Digne, Reguillon & Chilwell who are all very, very good players. Zinchenko is one recently as well who seems to have been transformed and is playing absolutely class. Overall, yeah there are quite a few on a similar level - would I pick Tierney above all of the ones I’ve mentioned? Probably not.

Why I probably would, is because Tierney is looking so good in a poor team.

Put him in a better team and I think he's got it in him to perform and step up another level. In terms of his performances.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Luke Shaw?  Really?  He’s the epitome of bang average for the price of brilliance.  He has a huge headed teammate for company. 

Tell me you haven’t watched Luke Shaw this season, without actually telling me you haven’t watched Luke Shaw this season. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It can be hard to tell when Tierney is seriously hurt because he's absolutely terrible for the play acting. He played well again last night though, I really think we'll see him move from Arsenal soon.

Your arse he is. He's never done that in his life. His issue is he is hard as nails and will play on through a broken leg if he can. Play acting my arse.

Another top performance from him last night absolutely rinsed one of England's top young players. No joke there isn't a better LB on the planet than him right now. Chilwell on the other side is just about fit to lace his boots.

10 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Your arse he is. He's never done that in his life. His issue is he is hard as nails and will play on through a broken leg if he can. Play acting my arse.

Another top performance from him last night absolutely rinsed one of England's top young players. No joke there isn't a better LB on the planet than him right now. Chilwell on the other side is just about fit to lace his boots.

I mean, he has done it plenty of times but you can pretend he hasn't if you want. Here is one instance from February of this year:

It's fine to admit a top player has some faults btw. 

Edited by The Moonster

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I mean, he has done it plenty of times but you can pretend he hasn't if you want. Here is one instance from February of this year:

It's fine to admit a top player has some faults btw. 

That's not play acting that's just trying to improve his team's situation. Its not the same as feigning injury, which you referenced in relation to him going down against Chelsea where he was hurt. Its not "hard to tell" the difference its very easy.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Apparently he's signing (or has at least been offered) a new deal.

He'd be crazy to sign it but probably will as he's just a daft wee laddie and loyal to a fault. That's how he stayed at Celtic far too long.

He should turn it down and allow his contract to run down till he has 1 or 2 years left and the top clubs in Europe will be all over him.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

That's not play acting that's just trying to improve his team's situation. Its not the same as feigning injury, which you referenced in relation to him going down against Chelsea where he was hurt. Its not "hard to tell" the difference its very easy.

:lol:

You're aff yer tits wee man. 

6 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Well if you find it "hard to tell" the difference between being clattered and trying to get an opponent sent off, which is what you said, I can't help you. 

I never asked for your help. Kieran Tierney fakes injury, that was my point. I've provided evidence. You can dress it up as "helping his teams situation" if you want, I'd still rather he didn't do it. I'm aware there are times Tierney will actually be hurt and that may well have been the case last night, but sometimes the boy cries wolf.

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I never asked for your help. Kieran Tierney fakes injury, that was my point. I've provided evidence. You can dress it up as "helping his teams situation" if you want, I'd still rather he didn't do it. I'm aware there are times Tierney will actually be hurt and that may well have been the case last night, but sometimes the boy cries wolf.

No, almost all players in the modern game would take an opportunity to attempt to have an opponent sent off. If you can't tell the difference between that and getting thumped that's your problem.