Kieran Tierney

He's the best player at Arsenal without any shadow of a doubt. I actually think a season next season without European football will be good for him, allow him to train and rest a bit more play slightly less games. 

But if Arsenal aren't back in Europe the season after he should be on his bike, he's good enough to play for virtually anyone.

He's made every Scotland squad this season too which is really great, and if he didn't have to isolate in October then he probably would've played all but one game. It's been a good year for him individually.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

He's made every Scotland squad this season too which is really great, and if he didn't have to isolate in October then he probably would've played all but one game. It's been a good year for him individually.

Aye, mental how he can have two serious injuries and play over 40 games recover early from injury and stroll through games at the highest level when his body is totally fucked. Imagine how he'd be if it wasn't.

11 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

But if Arsenal aren't back in Europe the season after he should be on his bike, he's good enough to play for virtually anyone.

Maybe even a top six side! 

5 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye he's way better than Arsenal. I genuinely am not sure there's a better LB in the world than Tierney. I can't think of one.

Alphonso Davies would run him close.

11 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I actually think a season next season without European football will be good for him, allow him to train and rest a bit more play slightly less games. 

I think this is a good point. 1 season without European football probably benefits him physically although he will want to play in Europe competition so won't accept it for more than 1 year and if Arsenal can't take advantage of not having European football to get themselves a high league position then he will need to ask if the club can match his ambitions.

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

Alphonso Davies would run him close.

I think this is a good point. 1 season without European football probably benefits him physically although he will want to play in Europe competition so won't accept it for more than 1 year and if Arsenal can't take advantage of not having European football to get themselves a high league position then he will need to ask if the club can match his ambitions.

There's a few that are on a similar level but I can't think of one obviously better. Davies is astonishingly quick but doesn't even start every game for Bayern yet.

I'm being completely serious when I say I don't think there's a better LB in the world right now.

54 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Well then you're being completely thick, Luke Shaw has been by far the best LB in the Premier League this season. 

Cancelo as well, whilst not playing as an orthodox left-back, has been just as good. 

Shut up mate

1 minute ago, forameus said:

Have you considered it could be both?

A thought too terrible to imagine.

6 minutes ago, forameus said:

Have you considered it could be both?

I'm sure they are, HCJ is definitely Pepp but there are several pointers with BB as well such as his hatred for Tuchel & Guardiola.

On 06/05/2021 at 22:28, HalfCutNinja said:

He's the best player at Arsenal without any shadow of a doubt. I actually think a season next season without European football will be good for him, allow him to train and rest a bit more play slightly less games. 

coming from the boy who thinks Souttar is a world class defender i think i'll take your opinions with a pinch of salt as you should, with each tequila you drink before coming on here and posting.

21 hours ago, red23 said:

coming from the boy who thinks Souttar is a world class defender i think i'll take your opinions with a pinch of salt as you should, with each tequila you drink before coming on here and posting.

I think you're getting mixed up, I'd be surprised if you can find anyone calling Harry Souttar world class. He is however the best Scottish CB currently playing professional football, of that there is no doubt. And still just 22, may also be the only Scottish CB playing in the EPL next year too.

22 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Luke Shaw has been the best left back in the PL this season tbf. Most people, other than Tierney’s Dad (and HCN - possibly the same person?) would agree. 

He's been decent. I won't engage with the previous guy as only children can't give an opinion without insulting someone with a conflicting one and I don't have time for that. 

He is really in his first season as a nailed on first choice after a few ropey years though Mourinho didn't help him, and if you watch Roma's first goal the other night Tierney would never do that. Offer me one or the other its Tierney every time, Shaw has had a good season going forward and gets good press cause he's English and plays for Man Utd.

Cancelo also a good player but not a conventional FB and not really a LB. As I said there's a few on a similar level, but I 100% don't think there's a single LB on earth right now who you could objectively say is a better player than Tierney. If there is I haven't seen him. 

I think in a year or two its likely he may be on the move as he'll just be too good for Arsenal if they don't get back in the CL. 

2 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

He's been decent. I won't engage with the previous guy as only children can't give an opinion without insulting someone with a conflicting one and I don't have time for that. 

He is really in his first season as a nailed on first choice after a few ropey years though Mourinho didn't help him, and if you watch Roma's first goal the other night Tierney would never do that. Offer me one or the other its Tierney every time, Shaw has had a good season going forward and gets good press cause he's English and plays for Man Utd.

Cancelo also a good player but not a conventional FB and not really a LB. As I said there's a few on a similar level, but I 100% don't think there's a single LB on earth right now who you could objectively say is a better player than Tierney. If there is I haven't seen him. 

I think in a year or two its likely he may be on the move as he'll just be too good for Arsenal if they don't get back in the CL. 

Yeah I agree there’s a few on a similarish level, the PL has quite a few good LBs. Luke Shaw will make pretty much every team of the season though, and it’s not just because he’s English and plays for Man U. Tierney was really good for Scotland in the recent games, and outshone Robertson, and he’s had a pretty decent season overall for Arsenal. However, Robertson hasn’t had his best year, in the previous couple of seasons he was a key part of a PL and Champions League winning side. You’ve obviously got Digne, Reguillon & Chilwell who are all very, very good players. Zinchenko is one recently as well who seems to have been transformed and is playing absolutely class. Overall, yeah there are quite a few on a similar level - would I pick Tierney above all of the ones I’ve mentioned? Probably not.

On 08/05/2021 at 23:25, HalfCutNinja said:

I think you're getting mixed up, I'd be surprised if you can find anyone calling Harry Souttar world class. He is however the best Scottish CB currently playing professional football, of that there is no doubt. And still just 22, may also be the only Scottish CB playing in the EPL next year too.

Of that there is no doubt? what are you gibbering on about. 

Stoke are 16th it EFL and no one from the premiership will be interested in him. (Yes i'm aware of the nonsense gossip columns)

Also Hanley plays for Norwich, Cooper plays for leeds unless you are doing the whole "but he's english" thing.

You've just had  a mare, sign off and come back tomorrow.

Edited by red23