Kieran Tierney

3 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye but opposite sides of the pitch. As it happens I genuinely think at LB Scotland are the best international side in the world. There's no way another country has two better than we do. 

If we had players in every position of the same quality we'd win the World Cup.

One of the things I love about international football is that being unable to buy players often leads to tactical innovation. So you get formations like Romania's 3-6-1 with Hagi pinging balls off the left touchline, or Spain's 4-6-0 because they had the best midfield in the world but no forwards at the same level. Getting the best out of both Tierney and Robertson is so difficult but also a great opportunity for Clarke. I think we saw some signs against the Faroes, with Tierney free to break off the back three when we're in possession without having to worry about what's behind him. For that you need two proper centre halves and hopefully Jack sitting in front of them. If Tierney and Robertson can really link up it will be a sight to see.

Countering our left side will be the number one defensive objective of our opponents, which maybe opens opportunities on the other side for someone like Ryan Fraser. And England's right side isn't impressive so unleashing Robertson and Tierney on them could be very effective.

One of the things I love about international football is that being unable to buy players often leads to tactical innovation. So you get formations like Romania's 3-6-1 with Hagi pinging balls off the left touchline, or Spain's 4-6-0 because they had the best midfield in the world but no forwards at the same level. Getting the best out of both Tierney and Robertson is so difficult but also a great opportunity for Clarke. I think we saw some signs against the Faroes, with Tierney free to break off the back three when we're in possession without having to worry about what's behind him. For that you need two proper centre halves and hopefully Jack sitting in front of them. If Tierney and Robertson can really link up it will be a sight to see.
Countering our left side will be the number one defensive objective of our opponents, which maybe opens opportunities on the other side for someone like Ryan Fraser. And England's right side isn't impressive so unleashing Robertson and Tierney on them could be very effective.
Tbf if you gave us any one of England's RBs then we'd win the Euros with Dykes getting the Golden Boot.

Scan today presumably? Got a bad feeling about this.
Those types of knee buckling inwards injuries always seem to lead to minimum 8 weeks on the sidelines. That's what my panicked search on sports injuries came up with last night anyway.

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

Scan today presumably? Got a bad feeling about this.
Those types of knee buckling inwards injuries always seem to lead to minimum 8 weeks on the sidelines. That's what my panicked search on sports injuries came up with last night anyway.

8 weeks would be tolerable. 

8 weeks would be tolerable. 

The daily mail are reporting he's out for 'several weeks' but he hasn't had his scan yet. That sounds more bad than good to me.
There's a sports scientist on YouTube who looks at recent sports injuries and he says you can't really diagnose from the video but his knee seemed to be buckling outwards when he was walking off the pitch which can be a sign of a serious knee injury. I think that means damage to the acl.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Good news - gives him a wee rest after a fairly gruelling season with basically no break too. The only worry would be if Arsenal progress in the Europa League and try to rush him back for the final.

Aye, 4-6 weeks is just okay. Any longer he'd be touch and go.

He'll need a week or two training and a couple of games. Selfishly I'd rather see him not play for Arsenal again this season and play our two friendlies.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Good news - gives him a wee rest after a fairly gruelling season with basically no break too. The only worry would be if Arsenal progress in the Europa League and try to rush him back for the final.

I don’t think we have to worry about that, they aren’t as good without him so I doubt they’ll get to the final.

Tierneys injuries are why I'd rather have Robertson at my club than Tierney.

Tierney a better player, but you can't help but feels he's verging on another major injury soon. No idea how you properly sort his body at this stage.

Tierneys injuries are why I'd rather have Robertson at my club than Tierney.
Tierney a better player, but you can't help but feels he's verging on another major injury soon. No idea how you properly sort his body at this stage.
I don't think every injury he gets can be automatically categorised as "he's injury prone".
If Robertson had taken his place for that challenge then he would have come out with the same injury.
That's not to say Tierney isn't injury prone or your general point on picking Robertson over Tierney is incorrect.