Kieran Tierney

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Just a selection of the posts from the P&B luminaries.

About a month ago I went through the first few pages of this thread and did what you've just done, but I bottled out of posting it. Glad you did it, because there are some truly honking takes in there from people who really ought to be asking themselves, if they're that wrong about this, what else might they be wrong about?

You know what one still gets me?  John Kennedy.

We haven't had a top class CB for decades, imo he was it.  Absolutely fantastic, just strolled through games at 20, and heavily linked with AC Milan, when AC Milan were still good.

Absolute silk on the ball too, never flustered, just wandered over like a benign dad regretfully taking sweets from a helpless little baby against some of the top strikers in Europe.

Career brutally ended by a guy who I feel must hold a unique love/hate position in Scottish football.  Ivor Ganea I believe he was called.  In a fucking friendly btw. Mental. But this was the guy, same guy, who on the one hand robbed us of one of our best prospects in the last 30 years, and on the other, scored the penalty that knocked England out of Euro 2000.

On balance I think I'd invite him in for a cup of tea, but would keep the good biscuits hidden.  Rich Tea for that c**t.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Just a selection of the posts from the P&B luminaries.

Delighted he’s proving a big success at Arsenal. Happy to admit I was hugely wrong about Tierney.

55 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You know what one still gets me?  John Kennedy.

We haven't had a top class CB for decades, imo he was it.  Absolutely fantastic, just strolled through games at 20, and heavily linked with AC Milan, when AC Milan were still good.

Absolute silk on the ball too, never flustered, just wandered over like a benign dad regretfully taking sweets from a helpless little baby against some of the top strikers in Europe.

Career brutally ended by a guy who I feel must hold a unique love/hate position in Scottish football.  Ivor Ganea I believe he was called.  In a fucking friendly btw. Mental. But this was the guy, same guy, who on the one hand robbed us of one of our best prospects in the last 30 years, and on the other, scored the penalty that knocked England out of Euro 2000.

On balance I think I'd invite him in for a cup of tea, but would keep the good biscuits hidden.  Rich Tea for that c**t.

Disgrace what happened to him.

Although I do feel we are perhaps guilty of romanticising the situation. He hadn't played a massive amount of games and whilst he may well have been the next Billy McNeil, I remember a lot of hype surrounding Danny Wilson when he first broke through at Rangers and we know how that turned out. If someone had snapped his knee in half we could've been having a similar conversation about him. 

Regardless Ganea wouldn't be getting any fucking tea in my house. 

30 minutes ago, GordonS said:

About a month ago I went through the first few pages of this thread and did what you've just done, but I bottled out of posting it. Glad you did it, because there are some truly honking takes in there from people who really ought to be asking themselves, if they're that wrong about this, what else might they be wrong about?

The best ones missing from that list, check out this absolute honker. It actually gets worse with age. 

On 06/06/2020 at 16:12, Bishop Briggs said:

Tierney needs to move as he's probably 3rd choice behind Kosalinac and Saka. Arsenal have also been linked strongly with PSG's Kurzawa who is out of contract. That should send a clear message about how Arteta rates him.

Chelsea may not be willing to pay the fee that Leicester will demand for Chilwell, probably over £60 million. Leicester, however, will need another left-back with Fuchs out of contract anyway.

Would Tierney be willing to go to Leicester if Chilwell stays?  Would the Leicester bench be better than sitting in the stands at the Emirates? 

10 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Disgrace what happened to him.

Although I do feel we are perhaps guilty of romanticising the situation. He hadn't played a massive amount of games and whilst he may well have been the next Billy McNeil, I remember a lot of hype surrounding Danny Wilson when he first broke through at Rangers and we know how that turned out. If someone had snapped his knee in half we could've been having a similar conversation about him. 

Regardless Ganea wouldn't be getting any fucking tea in my house. 

Aye it was horrific, absolutely vicious and unnecessary tackle.  I dunno, we'll never know, but to me he just looked the real deal like. I always judge a young player on how comfortable I think they look and how easy or hard they are finding it, and he always absolutely strolled through games smoking a cigar.  In Europe too, he was just class, and much better than the level he was playing at. 

A proper footballing defender too, real shame.

Btw have a read of this, this is Ganea's wiki page.  He sounds like a right arsewipe, and it seems this was pretty typical of him.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionel_Ganea

At the beginning of his career, while playing at FC Brașov, Ganea beat up the team captain Dorel Purdea.[4][5][6][7][8][9]

During his stay at U Craiova, Ganea was involved in several controversies. Ganea kicked his teammate Cornel Frăsineanu in the mouth, which left him without a few teeth and for a while he had to eat using a straw.[5][6][7][10][11][12][13] Eugen Trică tried to calm him down but Ionel threatened to beat him too so Trică backed off.[10][12][13] He also had a fight with Silvian Cristescu who threw a massage table at his head.[5][6][8] On 2 May 1998 Rapid București needed to win the match against U Craiova in order to be sure that they win the Liga I title so they agreed with George Ilinca who was U Craiova's owner to let them win the game. Some players, including Ionel Ganea did not agree to take part in the arrangement, the game ended 2–2 with both of U Craiova's goals being scored by Ganea, and the title was won by Steaua București.[14][15][16]

At VfB Stuttgart he had a fight with teammate Jochen Seitz, for which he was punished by the club with a 10.000 marks fine.[6][17] One day Ganea was eating an ice cream and coach Felix Magath saw him and told him that he shouldn't be eating food that contains too many calories because he has weight issues, Ganea got mad and threw the ice cream at him.[5][6][7][11]

In a match at Euro 2000 against England Ionel was tackled hard by Sol Campbell but the referee did not take any measure against him, so Ionel waited for Campbell to get close to him and when none of the referees were watching he hit him and cussed him: "Motherfucker! Bitch!".[18][19] In 2001, he had a fight with the goalkeeper Stelea in a training session that took part before a Romania  Italy game.[7][11][20] During the match with the Italians, the striker was one step away from hitting his coach László Bölöni, because he was mad that the coach left him on the bench.[5][6][7][8][11][21] While playing for Romania against Scotland in April 2004, he tackled Celtic defender John Kennedy resulting in a knee injury that left Kennedy unable to play for three years. Kennedy has since been forced to retire from professional football as a result of this and subsequent injuries.[4][22]

Steven Gerrard's autobiography contains an episode about an incident between him and Ionel Ganea in a Wolverhampton  Liverpool game played in January 2004: "He tore my leg from the knee to the ankle. Under the puttee, my leg was cut deep, a nasty wound". After finding out what Gerrard wrote about him in his autobiography Ganea told the press:"I inform Gerrard that when I write my autobiography, I will not mention him. I will not have room for little girls".[8][18][19][23][24] In April 2006 he was involved in more controversy when he criticised the Wolverhampton Wanderers manager at that time, Glenn Hoddle, claiming "he is the most difficult manager I have worked with in my career".[25] Glenn Hoddle also fined him with a one-week salary for fighting at a training session with a teammate.[26][27]

While playing for Rapid București in a match against U Craiova he hit opponent's Michael Baird's mouth with his head during half-time.[5][6][8][11]

In August 2007 after a Unirea Urziceni  Politehnica Timișoara game the striker had a conflict with the president of Unirea Urziceni Mihai Stoica, with Ganea grabbing him by the neck until the Gendarmery officers separated them.[5][11] One week later, Ganea was banned for 22 matches, which were later reduced to 16, after attacking one of the assistant referees after being sent off during a match between his club Politehnica Timișoara and Rapid București.[11][28][29] In his first match played against CFR Cluj after executing the 16 match suspension, he had a verbal conflict with former U Craiova teammate Eugen Trică before the beginning of the match, being close to start a fight after the end of the match.[29][30]

In 2012 while attending at Ioan Drăgan's funeral, who was his wedding's Godfather and a former FC Brașov teammate he almost got into a fight with the priest, being unsatisfied of the way he was preaching.[4][5]

While coaching Universitatea Cluj he was accused by player Cristian Mureșan of beating him up but Ganea denied the incident.[31][32][33]

During his coaching period at FC Voluntari after a 1–0 victory against CSMS Iași he had a conflict with a female journalist named Alina Iosub in which he offended and cussed her, she also threatened him by saying that if he comes to Botoșani, he won't leave there alive.[9][34][35]

His wife, Dana, with which he was married for over 24 years accused him of physical and verbal domestic violence and filled for divorce several times, also asking for a restraining order against him.[36][37][38][39]

20 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

The best ones missing from that list, check out this absolute honker. It actually gets worse with age. 

19 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye it was horrific, absolutely vicious and unnecessary tackle.  I dunno, we'll never know, but to me he just looked the real deal like. I always judge a young player on how comfortable I think they look and how easy or hard they are finding it, and he always absolutely strolled through games smoking a cigar.  In Europe too, he was just class, and much better than the level he was playing at. 

Btw have a read of this, this is Ganea's wiki page.  He sounds like a right arsewipe, and it seems this was pretty typical of him.  

At the beginning of his career, while playing at FC Brașov, Ganea beat up the team captain Dorel Purdea.[4][5][6][7][8][9]

During his stay at U Craiova, Ganea was involved in several controversies. Ganea kicked his teammate Cornel Frăsineanu in the mouth, which left him without a few teeth and for a while he had to eat using a straw.[5][6][7][10][11][12][13] Eugen Trică tried to calm him down but Ionel threatened to beat him too so Trică backed off.[10][12][13] He also had a fight with Silvian Cristescu who threw a massage table at his head.[5][6][8] On 2 May 1998 Rapid București needed to win the match against U Craiova in order to be sure that they win the Liga I title so they agreed with George Ilinca who was U Craiova's owner to let them win the game. Some players, including Ionel Ganea did not agree to take part in the arrangement, the game ended 2–2 with both of U Craiova's goals being scored by Ganea, and the title was won by Steaua București.[14][15][16]

At VfB Stuttgart he had a fight with teammate Jochen Seitz, for which he was punished by the club with a 10.000 marks fine.[6][17] One day Ganea was eating an ice cream and coach Felix Magath saw him and told him that he shouldn't be eating food that contains too many calories because he has weight issues, Ganea got mad and threw the ice cream at him.[5][6][7][11]

In a match at Euro 2000 against England Ionel was tackled hard by Sol Campbell but the referee did not take any measure against him, so Ionel waited for Campbell to get close to him and when none of the referees were watching he hit him and cussed him: "Motherfucker! Bitch!".[18][19] In 2001, he had a fight with the goalkeeper Stelea in a training session that took part before a Romania  Italy game.[7][11][20] During the match with the Italians, the striker was one step away from hitting his coach László Bölöni, because he was mad that the coach left him on the bench.[5][6][7][8][11][21] While playing for Romania against Scotland in April 2004, he tackled Celtic defender John Kennedy resulting in a knee injury that left Kennedy unable to play for three years. Kennedy has since been forced to retire from professional football as a result of this and subsequent injuries.[4][22]

Steven Gerrard's autobiography contains an episode about an incident between him and Ionel Ganea in a Wolverhampton  Liverpool game played in January 2004: "He tore my leg from the knee to the ankle. Under the puttee, my leg was cut deep, a nasty wound". After finding out what Gerrard wrote about him in his autobiography Ganea told the press:"I inform Gerrard that when I write my autobiography, I will not mention him. I will not have room for little girls".[8][18][19][23][24] In April 2006 he was involved in more controversy when he criticised the Wolverhampton Wanderers manager at that time, Glenn Hoddle, claiming "he is the most difficult manager I have worked with in my career".[25] Glenn Hoddle also fined him with a one-week salary for fighting at a training session with a teammate.[26][27]

While playing for Rapid București in a match against U Craiova he hit opponent's Michael Baird's mouth with his head during half-time.[5][6][8][11]

In August 2007 after a Unirea Urziceni  Politehnica Timișoara game the striker had a conflict with the president of Unirea Urziceni Mihai Stoica, with Ganea grabbing him by the neck until the Gendarmery officers separated them.[5][11] One week later, Ganea was banned for 22 matches, which were later reduced to 16, after attacking one of the assistant referees after being sent off during a match between his club Politehnica Timișoara and Rapid București.[11][28][29] In his first match played against CFR Cluj after executing the 16 match suspension, he had a verbal conflict with former U Craiova teammate Eugen Trică before the beginning of the match, being close to start a fight after the end of the match.[29][30]

In 2012 while attending at Ioan Drăgan's funeral, who was his wedding's Godfather and a former FC Brașov teammate he almost got into a fight with the priest, being unsatisfied of the way he was preaching.[4][5]

While coaching Universitatea Cluj he was accused by player Cristian Mureșan of beating him up but Ganea denied the incident.[31][32][33]

During his coaching period at FC Voluntari after a 1–0 victory against CSMS Iași he had a conflict with a female journalist named Alina Iosub in which he offended and cussed her, she also threatened him by saying that if he comes to Botoșani, he won't leave there alive.[9][34][35]

His wife, Dana, with which he was married for over 24 years accused him of physical and verbal domestic violence and filled for divorce several times, also asking for a restraining order against him.[36][37][38][39]

Pep's sock puppets have had too much Buckie and Eldorado tonight. They are  having a wankfest so an engagement announcement must be imminent! 😂

ETA - it's great to know that a 6 month old post can wind you up so much!  Expect some more this year ta roaster! 😄

Edited by Bishop Briggs

20 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He sounds even angrier than you.

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I've got him on ignore, but I can see his post you quoted. Wow

Where to start, the strangest bit is announcing an engagement. With a wankfest. Fucking hell, thats enough for me.

He's a strange one like. I don't remember ever conversing with him then he started red dotting all my posts, its weird.  Absolute stalker.

He's a strange one like. I don't remember ever conversing with him then he started red dotting all my posts, its weird.  Absolute stalker.
The red dot stalking is really embarrassing behaviour. Like anyone really gives a feck? (I fully expect hunners of reddies for this)

Just now, Gordopolis said:

I thought you were into all that these days? emoji6.png

Yeah a wee joke with you and pep cos its clearly a joke. Or is it🤔

You read something like that and there's a nasty homophobic edge to it. Clearly not a joke. And a bit strange.

In any case pep should be delighted, hes being mistaken for me again. Which is frankly the best compliment hes getting tonight.

37 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
39 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

The red dot stalking is really embarrassing behaviour. Like anyone really gives a feck? (I fully expect hunners of reddies for this)

Its weirdo behaviour, what adult cares how many dots he gets on a forum?  I couldn't even tell you what my number is.  Same with Twitter btw, I find it weird that people get all obsessed about followers.  Who cares?  I have no idea how many I have, probably a few million I suppose.