Kieran Tierney

Tierney has been out injured for the last week or so, I think he only trained the day before the Liverpool match. Salah and co are a tough matchup even when you’re fully fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there scope for developing him as a holding midfielder? 

He can play as a centre half, has pace and gets about the pitch. The ones thing I can compare is going back to Jackie Mcnamara who did the same thing for Scotland whilst playing right back at Celtic. 

8 hours ago, pub car king said:

Is there scope for developing him as a holding midfielder? 

He can play as a centre half, has pace and gets about the pitch. The ones thing I can compare is going back to Jackie Mcnamara who did the same thing for Scotland whilst playing right back at Celtic. 

I don't think this is a priority. Ryan Jack, Scott McTominay and Kenny McLean can play there, and in a few years Gilmour is likely to be in that kind of role for Chelsea so if we are converting Tierney then right back or centre half is more urgent than a defensive midfielder for me.

I don't think this is a priority. Ryan Jack, Scott McTominay and Kenny McLean can play there, and in a few years Gilmour is likely to be in that kind of role for Chelsea so if we are converting Tierney then right back or centre half is more urgent than a defensive midfielder for me.
Ah Gilmour, forgot about him. Shit, we're good!

• 5 weeks later...
On 15/10/2020 at 08:21, ahemps said:

A few months you mean.  Gilmour will probably be in a position of being one of our best players, and worth a place in the squad for next summer, but missing out cause he hasn't played yet.  Harsh.  Personally if he is one of the best available I'd pick him.  Hopefully if not the 21s qualify and he can play in a tournament either way.

In the video they shared of them strutting back into the dressing room to The Proclaimers I'm pretty sure you can hear Tierney shouting "Get the GBX on!"
That's my Scotland team. Forget the twee tartan stuff - this is a team of ballers, patter merchants and bams. I love it. 
Their reaction to the other night has made them seem immediately more likeable as a group, and I bet it has done absolute wonders for their bond as a team.

Clarke will be absolutely over the moon with how the team and the public reacted. It will do some of his job for him and make it significantly easier to get players to buy in to whatever he wants to do.

8 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

In the video they shared of them strutting back into the dressing room to The Proclaimers I'm pretty sure you can hear Tierney shouting "Get the GBX on!"

That's my Scotland team. Forget the twee tartan stuff - this is a team of ballers, patter merchants and bams. I love it. 

The 2007 squad that beat France twice had a bit of that about them as well. Faddy, Boyd, McCulloch, Miller, Pearson, Hutton, McManus, Hartley, Brown and Naismith. 

We need a core of bams to be successful imo with the odd Weir, Fletcher, Christie and Robertson thrown into the mix. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 17:01, Bairnardo said:

Their reaction to the other night has made them seem immediately more likeable as a group, and I bet it has done absolute wonders for their bond as a team.

Clarke will be absolutely over the moon with how the team and the public reacted. It will do some of his job for him and make it significantly easier to get players to buy in to whatever he wants to do.

N.B. everyone wanting to parachute " newcomers " in

You've got to hand it to him, he's reeled you in enough to give him all the P&B clicks. Job done.

In regard to the Durham link, it’s always entertaining to listen to the views of others, even the arseholes who think that they are always correct and that only their opinion matters and then to weigh them and their opinions up accordingly so that I can say that in order for me to feel insulted or to even take offence by your opinion I must first value your opinion...

... nice try though!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

In regard to the Durham link, it’s always entertaining to listen to the views of others, even the arseholes who think that they are always correct and that only their opinion matters and then to weigh them and their opinions up accordingly and in order for me to feel insulted or to even take offence by an opinion I must first value your opinion...

... nice try though!!!

Talksport is terrible John Gaunt was even worse creaming himself wet over the fortunes of Coventry City hating Scotland but still perversely needing Scottish players for any miniscule of success be it a promotion to the promised land of the championship

9 hours ago, King Kebab said:

this is more an Arsenal thing than anything to do with Tierney, he constantly trolls Arsenal

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

On 24/11/2020 at 22:51, King Kebab said:

I’m not going to click on that link, but isn’t it a fairly widely held opinion, with a healthy dose of tabloidese hyperbole?

• 2 weeks later...