Kieran Tierney

Will be a big disappointment if he does pull out, given that this could potentially be the first round of fixtures in years where we've had a full complement to choose from in defence, limited though many of them are.

Good opportunity to find a way to get him involved in a game that, while competitive, we should win so ideal time to try.

On 29/08/2020 at 23:51, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tierney is doing very well for Arsenal. He’s at a club who understand sports science far more than Celtic did which will improve his fitness and lessen the number of injuries he suffers. 

The move to Arsenal has been great for him and not just in financial terms. He’s playing for a progressive and forward thinking coach which will improve him as a player.

Perhaps he can play as a left sided centre back for Scotland and we can enjoy him and Robertson ??

In a back three certainly.

I didn't know what was going on with him in his final year at Celtic but I got the impression the Celtic medical team were incompetent as can be with him and probably prolonged his injury rather than sorting it.

The si ferry interview with tierney is interesting on this point it seemed like he was playing through a bad injury for long period without getting the proper treatment. He basically said that only now he is returning to full fitness.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Celtic were obviously trying to keep him in the public eye. Injured or not.

I think they ruined 2 years of his career, the last year at Celtic and the first year at Arsenal. They kept trying to rush him back even though they had won the league around March and they knew he needed a routine hernia operation. I think the reason was so he could play the Scottish cup final which he ultimately didn't do anyway.

I think they ruined 2 years of his career, the last year at Celtic and the first year at Arsenal. They kept trying to rush him back even though they had won the league around March and they knew he needed a routine hernia operation. I think the reason was so he could play the Scottish cup final which he ultimately didn't do anyway.
So basically Celtic are selfish c***s and believe they are bigger than Scottish football.. #Interesting......

1 hour ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Celtic looking after their own interests is not wrong in the slightest. You'd think they'd take better care of their players though.

This was the thing though, it didn't seem to be in their or the players interest. Tierney needed surgery, they were delaying it and playing him even after they had won the league. That is up to the player and the club but the result of that meant that the surgery would get done in the summer. He would need to be out for a few months whenever it got done. This would have meant he wasn't available for their Champions League qualifiers should he have stayed at Celtic. Had he not moved to Arsenal and had a 2nd season out injured at Celtic his value would have depreciated. Nothing about it made sense.

I'm sure it wasn't as simple as this and Celtic likely do have a good medical team that had their reasons but it seemed strange to me and a lot of Celtic fans I know were also bemused by them not just committing to the surgery a lot earlier. 

On 29/08/2020 at 21:53, Ro Sham Bo said:

A Tierney withdrawal would be the least surprising news this year. I don't know why he won't just admit he doesn't want to be considered for selection.

Absolute rockets still digging their heels in though

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He was our best player last night.

That is an absolute manifestation of damning with faint praise.

Edit: if Clarke is competent enough (and I realise he isn’t) to pick one left back instead of two, Tierney would be the better bet on last night’s showing.

Edited by Savage Henry

On 01/09/2020 at 10:06, Busta Nut said:

Celtic were obviously trying to keep him in the public eye. Injured or not.

Doping him up with injections to get through home games against Hamilton etc.

Same is happening with McGregor imo.

• 2 weeks later...