Kieran Tierney

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

His touch needs to improve? Im struggling to think of a time that his first touch ever let him down. A very strange thing to pick up on.

You'll know better than me but I always felt when watching him a couple of years ago that he was never fully in control of the ball, he had a bit of a "panicky" nature on the ball. Sometimes knocking it too far in front of himself when running. I don't think that's a problem now, he's very confident on the ball and even appears to have cut out the play-acting bollocks from what I've seen of him at Arsenal. Still not replacing Robertson for me.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I went back to see what I said at the start of this thread.

I stand by that. 

I'm not sure I was referring to you to be fair but he does have that bit of p***k about him, but I'm putting that down to him playing to the gallery. 

Cannae comment on his first touch because that's not something I have ever noticed.

Hopefully being down there he'll cut out all the daft stuff and just get on with it. I think the problem is when we have players who are clearly good & they come from one of those teams, especially when they are a fan, they get too caught up in trying to sucking up to the fans.

He always seems like a daft wee ned to me, but if we start taking personality into account when talking about players, you could probably count the number of ones coming out positive on that front on one hand.  I don't care if he's a proper c**t as long as he plays well for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Not seeing any news of an injury. Just glowing reports about his performance?

Not sure if its been reported on or not. But he was certainly nursing a hamstring twinge and then moving a bit stiff late in the second half.

And was then taken off.

Hopefully nothing serious 

Tierney is doing very well for Arsenal. He’s at a club who understand sports science far more than Celtic did which will improve his fitness and lessen the number of injuries he suffers. 

The move to Arsenal has been great for him and not just in financial terms. He’s playing for a progressive and forward thinking coach which will improve him as a player.

Perhaps he can play as a left sided centre back for Scotland and we can enjoy him and Robertson ??

16 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tierney is doing very well for Arsenal. He’s at a club who understand sports science far more than Celtic did which will improve his fitness and lessen the number of injuries he suffers. 

I didn't know what was going on with him in his final year at Celtic but I got the impression the Celtic medical team were incompetent as can be with him and probably prolonged his injury rather than sorting it.

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You routinely state that the average punter who never played the game professionally doesn’t have the first clue about football. I’d say it’s a very bold call to then use the opinions of average punters who never played the game as a means of backing up your argument.