Kieran Tierney

5 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

They can switch fine cause it would be Ryan Fraser on the other side. I think people that think Christie is starting on the basis of three decent games against Hamilton are kidding themselves on.

At least one in Europe

3 hours ago, Monday 13th July said:

Fraser (left) and Christie (Right) are wide players if everyone's on form.  

Frasers currently unemployed and hasnt really been playing well when he was.

Hopefully he can get sorted and get a regular game at a good level again for next season.

If were looking at form Armstrong for me would be the right winger. He's playing well at a level way higher than Forrest.

3 hours ago, Monday 13th July said:

Fraser (left) and Christie (Right) are wide players if everyone's on form.  

I don't think so.  The jersey is Forrest's just now, Christie is just trendy amongst fans but hasn't earned it yet and is clearly below Forrest in the pecking order.  Forrest gives width too so is important.

12 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't think so.  The jersey is Forrest's just now, Christie is just trendy amongst fans but hasn't earned it yet and is clearly below Forrest in the pecking order.  Forrest gives width too so is important.

Forrest also gives tactical awareness and maturity in the position.

Christie has many many positive qualities, however he still has an impetuous side which flairs up on occasion. Four red cards for Aberdeen and one for Celtic support that view. Also, never convinced he's been that innocent when opposition players have been red-carded after his involvement. It's happened too often for it to be a coincidence.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Frasers currently unemployed and hasnt really been playing well when he was.

Hopefully he can get sorted and get a regular game at a good level again for next season.

If were looking at form Armstrong for me would be the right winger. He's playing well at a level way higher than Forrest.

Armstrong should probably be the first name on the team-sheet given his current form. However, if Scotland play the usual 4-3-3 he should absolutely not be used as a right winger. 

On 18/07/2020 at 23:42, Merkland Red said:

I answered it. The teams we are battling with to qualify have forwards who are more than competent at International level. Are you saying Dzyuba wouldn't get a game for Scotland? The Belgians go without saying.

Can you really see Tierney stopping Haaland? No doubt he has a good chance of containing him on the ground but Norway are not going to play against him there.

How much of Haaland have you watched? He's exceptionally good with the ball on the ground, he's not a target man type striker despite his size.

On 19/07/2020 at 00:01, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He also seems to be a decent guy unlike Robertson who’s a total knobend.

What makes Robertson a "total knobend"?

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How much of Haaland have you watched? He's exceptionally good with the ball on the ground, he's not a target man type striker despite his size.

I've seen plenty. I didn't say he's a target man. I've said he's going to use his size to his advantage to beat a player of Tierneys size. I've seen him bully players his own size.

15 hours ago, Monday 13th July said:

He's better as an inside forward not an out and out winger.   But you know this as one of the better eyes on football.    

Do you think Forrest could be an option as a WB in a 352?   

Alright.  This can’t be on the level.  Is this Pep talking to himself again?

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I’d be interested in this too.  It strikes me that Robertson is one of the few Scotland players with the capacity to string a coherent sentence together, hence he’s the captain and gets rolled out to all the public relations events and whatnot.

On 20/07/2020 at 00:35, Monday 13th July said:

He's better as an inside forward not an out and out winger.   But you know this as one of the better eyes on football.    

Do you think Forrest could be an option as a WB in a 352?   

Aye I do actually.  He takes defensive responsibility and is quite a mature player now and obviously has the legs for it.  As it happens I was going to post a thread about what team for the play-off, I had this ready

Marshall

Souttar                              McKenna                      Tierney 

Forrest                         McTominay                   McGregor                       Robertson

McGinn                         Armstrong

McBurnie

I'm not completely sold on it actually but its the best way to get most of our best players on the park at the same time in something close to their best position and with a bit of balance.  Fraser is interchangeable with Forrest here really.  You could also tweak the shape of the midfield a bit.

But the basics are good, McGinn and Armstrong running from behind McBurnie with pace on the wings and good delivery, and a reasonably solid defensive base but also the ability to retain possession.  Can absorb pressure with that shape too and still offer a threat on the break.