Kieran Tierney

35 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Fuzzy Afro > Peppino Impestato > Kuro > Carnoustie Young Tadger + Gerald Elbowdent

I knew Peppy had other names. There was another one before Fuzzy who was active during the independence referendum and had Pollok listed as their team, but I can never remember the name. Not sure who Gerard Elbowdent is, but it's not Peppy. He posts in Gen Non too much.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I knew Peppy had other names. There was another one before Fuzzy who was active during the independence referendum and had Pollok listed as their team, but I can never remember the name. Not sure who Gerard Elbowdent is, but it's not Peppy. He posts in Gen Non too much.

It's not really important is it

I can remember telling Pep that he wasn't a naturally fit player about a year or two whilst he had his usual heads gone but its sadly true that his body doesn’t match his terrific mentality and attitude. He had multiple injuries and issues coming through at Celtic and was looking to leave that behind him but we ran him in to the ground.
It was criminal that we only had one left back for yonks then resigned a player we punted 2 years previously as his legs had gone. We still continued to play Tierney even though he was clearly not fit and couldn’t carry his hernia injury any more. When we did finally pull him it was about 8 games too late and it appears to have done damage that is looking hard to reverse.

Edited by gannonball

9 hours ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

But Mikel Arteta insists it is nothing to worry about ahead of Sunday's Emirates FA Cup quarter-final clash with Sheffield United.

"Kieran was cramping," our head coach told Arsenal.com. "He hasn't played two games together in the last seven or eight months and he was suffering. The weather is different to Scotland and he needs to adapt to it."

Alright mate, its hardly Siberia up here is  it?

It's 30 plus here this week and humid. It's exceptional even for London and I reckon you would only see the like in Scotland once every 25 years or so.

I wouldn't underestimate it.

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

It's 30 plus here this week and humid. It's exceptional even for London and I reckon you would only see the like in Scotland once every 25 years or so.

I wouldn't underestimate it.

Anyone who has lived in England and Scotland and who isn’t obtuse is aware that the climates are different, particularly in the summer.  That being said, Tierney’s not exactly an Adonis when it comes to build.  

Guest DAVIDB69

So what you the reason be if we were in the euros and it was hot as well of course , plenty experience of playing in European games in July and August where there are huge temperatures

He's playing a sort of hybrid position tonight depending on Saka's position.
Tierney's playing Saka's role today. It is essentially a wing-back but he's often asked to hang forward a wee bit more and push really high in possession.

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
On 25/06/2020 at 19:12, accies1874 said:
He's playing a sort of hybrid position tonight depending on Saka's position.

Tierney's playing Saka's role today. It is essentially a wing-back but he's often asked to hang forward a wee bit more and push really high in possession.

Is he aye? Cause he played it the other night too. Could be that, or maybe you're making pish up off the top of your head.