Kieran Tierney

I thought he was one of Arsenal's better players tonight, although admittedly the bar wasn't particularly high. He didn't make any glaring errors and coped well enough when he was moved inside. It wasn't really his fault that they were getting totally overrun in midfield for the vast majority of the game. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

We should absolutely be writing players off based on 45 minutes of football after not playing for 6 months.

His manager felt he was fit enough to play in a match they could really be done with winning. He's not the only player out there who hadn't been playing recently.

55 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Not watching the match but went on to BBC player rater and he is the highest rated arsenal player bar the goalkeeper

He was rated at 5.38. Don't think that's anything to get excited about?

30 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Genuine moron right here. 

Comments like this make you look thick.

23 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

It's amazing what people can convince themselves they've seen if they're desperate enough to. Tierney did everything he had to do before the red card well. I think that was obvious to pretty much everybody watching the match without some bizarre agenda. 

There's so many bitter wee gimp n Scotland football desperate to see our players fail when they step up a level. I suspect Tierney's crime in this weirdos case was for having the temerity to play for Celtic. 

Yes, you must have an agenda if you think a Scottish player had a poor game whilst playing in England. I've said countless times I've been impressed with McLean and McGinn when I've seen them play, the latter I thought was well overrated at times whilst at Hibs. McTominay is a class player. The wee shite Ryan Fraser has been unplayable at times and Stuart Armstrong has looked a class above the very good player he was at Celtic.

Moron, gimp and weirdo. Call sign of an idiot is someone who constantly resorts to insults to try and get a point across.

I'd be delighted if the lad gets to the level Robertson is at. 

11 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

His manager felt he was fit enough to play in a match they could really be done with winning. He's not the only player out there who hadn't been playing recently.

He was rated at 5.38. Don't think that's anything to get excited about?

Comments like this make you look thick.

Yes, you must have an agenda if you think a Scottish player had a poor game whilst playing in England. I've said countless times I've been impressed with McLean and McGinn when I've seen them play, the latter I thought was well overrated at times whilst at Hibs. McTominay is a class player. The wee shite Ryan Fraser has been unplayable at times and Stuart Armstrong has looked a class above the very good player he was at Celtic.

Moron, gimp and weirdo. Call sign of an idiot is someone who constantly resorts to insults to try and get a point across.

I'd be delighted if the lad gets to the level Robertson is at. 

You've been proven wrong, just accept it. Wether it's due to an anti celtic issue or just a terrible judge of a footballer I dont know.

But the outcomes the same.

It's time to put your head in your toilet and flush it. Take it out dry it and then sit in your wheelie bin. For a day.

Come back on and apologise to everyone. And thats it sorted.

30 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

You've been proven wrong, just accept it. Wether it's due to an anti celtic issue or just a terrible judge of a footballer I dont know.

But the outcomes the same.

It's time to put your head in your toilet and flush it. Take it out dry it and then sit in your wheelie bin. For a day.

Come back on and apologise to everyone. And thats it sorted.

Comedy isn't for you pal.

14 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Your as bad a judge of comedy as you are of footballers it seems.

Bizarre claim to make. I've never claimed the boy isn't a brilliant footballer and think it was great move to go to Arsenal.

I just don't think he is near the level of Robertson (Champions League and soon to be EPL winner) yet plenty will argue he is. He has the potential to get there.

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Bizarre claim to make. I've never claimed the boy isn't a brilliant footballer and think it was great move to go to Arsenal.

I just don't think he is near the level of Robertson (Champions League and soon to be EPL winner) yet plenty will argue he is. He has the potential to get there.

Bizzare is your claim he's "not been great" in his first start in ages in a season ruined by injury. Playing against one of the best teams in the world.

Where as the general view from fans and media is he was arsenals best out field performer. Which again If you consider his lack of game time this season. Which exceeds everyone else on the pitch. His performance was remarkable.

Trying to pick holes in this given the above facts, it's obvious you have a personal dislike for him.

As a scotland fan im delighted he started and played ok. And even seen the whole game out.

Now your saying he is a "brilliant" footballer, so I appreciate that you have now completely capitulated.

Wether he is or isnt better than Robertson is not something i particularly care about. Just glad another good footballer is playing again and will be a good opinion for Scotland.

25 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Bizzare is your claim he's "not been great" in his first start in ages in a season ruined by injury. Playing against one of the best teams in the world.

He moved to the Barclays. He will be playing against the best teams in the world weekly. 

14 hours ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

There's so many bitter wee gimps in Scottish football desperate to see our players fail when they step up a level. I suspect Tierney's crime in this weirdos case was for having the temerity to play for Celtic. 

It's not really reserved for Old Firm players, Ryan Gauld got the same when he moved to Sporting. It's a weird thing, people seem to want to be the first ones to say someone will be shite so they can say "I told ye" a few years down the line.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Where as the general view from fans and media is he was arsenals best out field performer. Which again If you consider his lack of game time this season. Which exceeds everyone else on the pitch. His performance was remarkable.

Trying to pick holes in this given the above facts, it's obvious you have a personal dislike for him.

As a scotland fan im delighted he started and played ok. And even seen the whole game out.

Now your saying he is a "brilliant" footballer, so I appreciate that you have now completely capitulated.

Wether he is or isnt better than Robertson is not something i particularly care about. Just glad another good footballer is playing again and will be a good opinion for Scotland.

Best outfield performer in a terrible team performance is not saying much.

Remarkable? Wow. Seems you're a fan of hyperbole.

How I feel about the man is neither here nor there. I've already explained that I have no time for Ryan Fraser whatsoever but at times he is unplayable and can appreciate how good a footballer he is.

Whether he is or isn't better than Robertson is what started the debate...

No argument with your final sentence.

Hes not near Robertson just yet.

Hard to judge him yesterday considering he had an absolute bombscare next to him for half the match, then spent the other half in the centre of defence in a 10 man team away to Man City.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not near Robertson just yet.

Hard to judge him yesterday considering he had an absolute bombscare next to him for half the match, then spent the other half in the centre of defence in a 10 man team away to Man City.

In fairness, that’s a situation he’d face quite often in the national team colours, apart from the Man City bit.

22 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

It could be the numerous backwards passes rather than taking a positive option or the missing Aubamayeng running clean through that's helped me come to the conclusion he's not been great. Nothing to do with the goal although I think it's telling Man City are overloading his side rather than Bellerins when he's the worse defender of the pair.

Aye totally. Passes back too much, like Xavi. Good comment Mr Hurlock.

Guest DAVIDB69

Might not be a bad idea to move on to Leicester if he gets the opportunity , better coach , better players and champions league football could be three good starting points.

Arsenal are a mid table shambles

Christ there are some grim opinions  in this thread.

1. Arsenal are a mess

2. Arsenal were playing one of the top teams in the league

3. Tireney was probably Arsenal's best outfield player in this game, sure it's not a high bar but it's still good considering how much time he's had off

Give him time to really get game time in this league and he will come good.  Even if  he doesn't end up Andy Robertson level he surely has the potential to be a very good Premier League full back.  Let's see how he does the rest of the season and next season.  If Arsenal play their cards right (which being Arsenal they will probably find a way to f**k it up) they have a very good core of young talent to build a potential winner and Tierney is one of those pieces. 

Don't forget it took Andy Robertson 3 years (and 2 relegations) with Hull to really reach his potential

Edited by senorsoupe

On 19/06/2020 at 04:08, senorsoupe said:

Christ there are some grim opinions  in this thread.

1. Arsenal are a mess

2. Arsenal were playing one of the top teams in the league

3. Tireney was probably Arsenal's best outfield player in this game, sure it's not a high bar but it's still good considering how much time he's had off

Give him time to really get game time in this league and he will come good.  Even if  he doesn't end up Andy Robertson level he surely has the potential to be a very good Premier League full back.  Let's see how he does the rest of the season and next season.  If Arsenal play their cards right (which being Arsenal they will probably find a way to f**k it up) they have a very good core of young talent to build a potential winner and Tierney is one of those pieces. 

Don't forget it took Andy Robertson 3 years (and 2 relegations) with Hull to really reach his potential

Tierney is the best player at that club outside of Aubameyang or whatever.