Kieran Tierney

5 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He was excellent for them in the games before he got injured, and clearly first choice.  Its a misconception that he hasn't done well at Arsenal.  I would say along with Aubameyang he's the best player at the club.

I was at the standard liege game, he did very well in that

Effectively a reserve fixture

Done nothing since then

9 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Read that too.  Realistically that's just paper talk.  I'd imagine Arteta has barely seen him play, when anyone sees him at full tilt no danger you'd sell him.  He's the best LB in the Premiership when fit, and will be Arsenal's best player next season imo.

😄  Peppino, that 's a huge load of shite even by your pathetic low standards! Robertson is ten times better than Tierney.

Tierney would not get in the top 10 of EPL left backs atm. He'll be very lucky to get a place on Arsenal's bench next season. A loan to a Championship team is more likely.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

😄  Peppino, that 's a huge load of shite even by your pathetic low standards! Robertson is ten times better than Tierney.

Tierney would not get in the top 10 of EPL left backs atm. He'll be very lucky to get a place on Arsenal's bench next season. A loan to a Championship team is more likely.

Given that last sentence, I hope that the first one was typed out with a big slice of irony.

23 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Read that too.  Realistically that's just paper talk.  I'd imagine Arteta has barely seen him play, when anyone sees him at full tilt no danger you'd sell him.  He's the best LB in the Premiership when fit, and will be Arsenal's best player next season imo.

14 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So we have one person claiming he's the best in the league and another saying he's getting punted To the league below. 

One thing for sure though is both these posters are fucking lunatics.

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

So we have one person claiming he's the best in the league and another saying he's getting punted To the league below. 

One thing for sure though is both these posters are fucking lunatics.

You saw him at Celtic.  What LB's in the league do you think are better players?

13 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You saw him at Celtic.  What LB's in the league do you think are better players?

Robertson for a start. I think the guy could be one day as good as him but he has always had fitness issues. I made this point to you before yonks ago but as usual you got yourself in to spiteful mess.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Robertson for a start. I think the guy could be one day as good as him but he has always had fitness issues. I made this point to you before yonks ago but as usual you got yourself in to spiteful mess.

Must be getting me confused with somebody else. 

Robertson is operating at a higher level than Tierney right now, but I think its fair to say if both are at their best Tierney is a marginally better player. 

I would be surprised if anybody who knows what they're talking about and has seen both at their best would disagree. 

There's just more strings to his bow, and he's a significantly better defender.

16 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He's not a LB. 

You're absolutely right, he's not a left back when he was with the reserves and youths. Since stepping up to the first team squad though he has excelled in that position (left back) and made it his own. In turn sending the hierarchy at the club into such a tizzy they're offering him TEN TIMES his wages to stay at the club. 

I think it'll be difficult for Kolasinac to get his place back in the team. 

Just now, Dele said:

You're absolutely right, he's not a left back when he was with the reserves and youths. Since stepping up to the first team squad though he has excelled in that position (left back) and made it his own. In turn sending the hierarchy at the club into such a tizzy they're offering him TEN TIMES his wages to stay at the club. 

I think it'll be difficult for Kolasinac to get his place back in the team. 

Absolutely standard wage increase going from a development contract to full-time first team player.  Not remarkable in the slightest.

He's done okay over the course of a handful of games for a team badly struggling.  Tierney will stroll into that team smoking a cigar as soon as he's fit, and Sako will be on the bench and getting game time as a winger, as that is what he actually is.