Kieran Tierney

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

cheers, Is that it, I thought they may have been more.

25mill is a big lump for any club.

Alexis Sanchez if you factor his wages anyway

Edited by Fungi

6 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Alexis Sanchez if you factor his wages anyway

See below

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's different to paying £25m for someone explicitly as a back-up. They were signed as first team players but turned out not to be up to it.

Yes, this was my thinking, there is no team that buys for 25m for backup.

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Man City?

Mahrez and Rodrigo don't feature much and cost over a 100m combined.

What? Both of those players have featured in literally every Premier League game Man City have played this season - Rodri has started seven out of eight. They have both started both Champions League games.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

What? Both of those players have featured in literally every Premier League game Man City have played this season - Rodri has started seven out of eight. They have both started both Champions League games.

Fair enough. I'm obviously not watching close enough.

I'd argue Mahrez was signed as back up, same as I'd argue Liverpool paid £35m for Oxlade-Chamberlain as a back up option. Neither gets into their respective strongest 11 at the time of signing.

Chelsea paid £23m for Zappacosta as back up. Arsenal themselves spent £27m on Sabida this Summer, a player they then loaned out.

That's a quick search of players signed for around £25m, or higher, who weren't signed as starters.

On 08/10/2019 at 18:41, dysartrovers said:

Do you just comb this thread waiting for the opportunity? Are you the guy that actually called in? We all know the joke and it was very funny at the time but not so much now

You're just being antti-humour...

• 3 weeks later...

Actually thought he looked decent in his bit part last night, won the ball and used it effectively, also looked a cut above his teammates when he came on!!!
Did think that that was him going to be out for another undetermined amount of time when he was rolling on the ground for five minutes though!!!