Kieran Tierney

The amount of weirdos who were desperate to slaughter him for some perceived lack of ambition (based on their own imagination) must be feeling pretty daft.

Why? Previously he had shown zero inclination to challenge himself. Now he has. What would be weird would to continue to accuse him of lacking ambition.

People were suggesting he was never going to leave Celtic etc, despite the fact he's only just turned 22, and there being absolutely nothing to suggest any sort of lack of ambition aside from folk's strange unfounded perception of him.

9 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Who was the last Scot to play with Arsenal? Dickov or someone? 

Did that Charlie Gilmour not play in the Europa League for them last season?

Just a note to all the normal every day great fans of everything Scottish, the people who for the last couple of years as his talent has grown, the ones who said he had no ambition or he was not as good as everyone is saying. He is not worth what they are asking for him.  Why do you have to do that, why is it that when we have talent or a great prospect we run them down, find faults and dont want them to succeed. If Andy Robertson had went direct from Celtic, Rangers/Sevco, Aberdeen he would have had the same miserable attitude we give every player that has talent here. Miserable, grumpy and negative views that plague our game and players. 

Well he went for more than you all said, he isn't the bottler that's been talked about for years, he is 22 years old, he was playing and learning his trade with a club he supports, but that was seen as a negative view in this country. 

I wish him well,   I hope he storms the league down there and is a success  as I do with every other Scottish player that makes the move. Your allowed to be positive in life and wish well on others, stop the drab dreary normal every day life of it will never work, he is crap, he isn't good enough, he is a bell end, always a negative when we as a nation talk about anything, even our own. 

Good luck Keiren.

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why? Previously he had shown zero inclination to challenge himself. Now he has. What would be weird would to continue to accuse him of lacking ambition.

He is 22 years old and if I am wrong then I apologise, but if your happy at your work and there is no better offers coming along then why would you call that "zero inclination to challenge himself?" Typical negative scottish attitude, tear someone down before you even think about anything. 

3 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

He is 22 years old and if I am wrong then I apologise, but if your happy at your work and there is no better offers coming along then why would you call that "zero inclination to challenge himself?" 

Because it is?

It's the idea that this HAS to be a negative that grates on me.

12 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

Because it is?

It's the idea that this HAS to be a negative that grates on me.

How old are you and with in reason what trade or professions are you in? By the age of 20 where you pushing g and shouting for a new employer before you felt comfortable enough?

He is 22 years old and if I am wrong then I apologise, but if your happy at your work and there is no better offers coming along then why would you call that "zero inclination to challenge himself?" Typical negative scottish attitude, tear someone down before you even think about anything. 

There’s a fairly infamous interview with Michael Stewart (probably around the time of the cup final he missed) in which he declared that he didn’t want to leave Celtic, because he thought he could be a club legend and that was more important than his own personal development, and he literally wasn’t interested in challenges.

The idea that he lacked ambition didn’t come from nowhere.

As I said though, he’s clearly not of that mindset, and that criticism is longer valid.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a fairly infamous interview with Michael Stewart (probably around the time of the cup final he missed) in which he declared that he didn’t want to leave Celtic, because he thought he could be a club legend and that was more important than his own personal development, and he literally wasn’t interested in challenges.

The idea that he lacked ambition didn’t come from nowhere.

As I said though, he’s clearly not of that mindset, and that criticism is longer valid.

Asked if he feels there is a chance his career could pan out that way, Tierney said: “Yeah, there is, every chance - I hope. I have been here 13 years already and that is a long time. There is no doubt about it – I could be. We will see what happens. I hope I can stay here as long as I can, and keep playing.

“I am in no rush to leave,” he added. “I think everybody can see that from me signing a long-term deal. I wish it was longer. It is football, you never know where a career is going to take you. But I am very happy at Celtic."

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15637436.kieran-tierney-i-hope-i-go-on-to-become-a-one-club-legend-at-celtic-like-billy-mcneill-and-paul-mcstay/

I assume he's fit to play as he passed the medical?

This is a big step up from the SPL, as he'll find out against both of the Champions League finalists in the first 4 games. Arsenal have solid holding midfielders but the defence has been iffy for years and the fullbacks get little protection from the wide midfielders.

Robertson was able to make his mistakes at Hull and then sat on the bench for 6 months at Liverpool. If Arsenal throw Tierney straight in, then it's sink or swim time. And I'd rather be playing alongside Virgil van Dijk than David Luiz (if he signs).

It's depressing the number of ballbag Celtic fans on Facebook who are slagging him and coming out with utter pish like 'legend status lost' and 'no better than Rodgers'. Absolute clowns these people.

Tierney is Celtic daft and has knocked his pan in for the club since the first moment he appeared in the first team. Yeah it would have been nice if he had stayed for 10IAR(if it happens) but I absolutely do not grudge the boy his move. Arsenal are a massive club so it's not as though he has just pissed off for the money, although I'm sure the large bump in wages will be nice for him as well. I hope he does really well down there and I believe he will. He's shown on numerous occasions that he has what it takes to play at that level.

18 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Charlie Gilmour, and before that, Richard Hughes probably.

Played a few games for us in around 2004ish when he was at Portsmouth.

Hughes didn't play a first team game for Arsenal. The last Scottish player before Gilmour to play for them was Scott Marshall in 1997.

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

FCEC7A52-8F4C-48D4-90B1-B5489BC32969.jpeg

Not bad work if you can get it, however it's the "going rate" for that level and in fact probably places him as one of the poorer earners at Arsenal.

It's a sad indictment of our times when people are literally starving in the streets, however ultimately we're the dafties who created this with being taken for mugs by the likes of Sky, BT etc.

What can you do, short of a revolution or us all cancelling our pay tv contracts en masse..........................