Kieran Tierney

2 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Swansea looking for £20m for McBurnie is that in a nutshell.

McBurnie, who has looked nothing but average, at international level, versus Tierney who is clearly comfortable in the CL. There’s no comparison.

English money is mental. If Tierney was Dutch, Belgian, or Portuguese there wouldn’t even be a question.

McBurnie scores goals. Goalscorers are always going to cost more money. That’s the way it is. He’s also home grown to England. Teams need to fill quotas and thus prices get inflated. If Tierney was England home grown, he’d be going for Wan Bissaka type money.

Tierney would probably cost less if he was another nationality. Celtic are in no rush to sell (Although they will).  Ajax, Anderlecht, Benfica, etc would rip your hand off for £25 million for a left back. 

11 hours ago, Enigma said:

Not for Scotland!

He's hardly got going yet. Only 7 caps and what, 3 or 4 of them starts? Too soon to be binning him. Griffiths looked out of his depth until a few games before the England one where he got a brace.

20 hours ago, Enigma said:

Not for Scotland!

How many chances has he had for Scotland?  I can remember one, and he hit the post.

I get so fed up of idiotic football fans spouting utter pish like McBurnie hasn't scored for Scotland, he's barely played.  His club just knocked back a £15 million bid from a premiership club for him, do you see any other Scottish strikers attracting that kind of interest?  Me neither.  He is clearly Scotland's number one striker.

How many chances has he had for Scotland?  I can remember one, and he hit the post.
I get so fed up of idiotic football fans spouting utter pish like McBurnie hasn't scored for Scotland, he's barely played.  His club just knocked back a £15 million bid from a premiership club for him, do you see any other Scottish strikers attracting that kind of interest?  Me neither.  He is clearly Scotland's number one striker.

I agree in total McBurnie has played around 351 mins for scotland over 7 games 4 of which were friendlies Costa Rica where he played well Mexico Peru and Hungary. He’s had 1 start in a competitive game against Kazakhstan.

He’s a goal scorer and is the best we have at the moment. He’s good in the air which suits us as we have strong wingers and good crossers of the ball.

Jury is still out but to write him of at international level at this stage is crazy.

11 hours ago, Kuro said:

Jordan Rhodes has gone for similar money but didn't get anywhere near the team. McBurnie could well up being effective but it certainly isn't clear that he is number one.

52 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

I agree in total McBurnie has played around 351 mins for scotland over 7 games 4 of which were friendlies Costa Rica where he played well Mexico Peru and Hungary. He’s had 1 start in a competitive game against Kazakhstan.

He’s a goal scorer and is the best we have at the moment. He’s good in the air which suits us as we have strong wingers and good crossers of the ball.

Jury is still out but to write him of at international level at this stage is crazy.

Writing him off, absolutely not, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he just never delivers for Scotland, while continuing to be a really good club-level player.  Jordan Rhodes was lethal at club-level, but looked a bit limited and awkward for us.  Chris Martin wasn't quite as prolific, but again, looked like a fucking caravan for us.  Leigh Griffiths was probably our number 1, but I've never been totally convinced by him, and his excellent set pieces against England have masked what's been a fairly unremarkable international career.

With the players mentioned, you probably need to play a very particular way.  I imagine Rhodes could have gotten many, many goals for us had we set up to play to his strengths.  But we'd also likely concede just as many because we can't afford to do things that way.  I expect McBurnie is likely similar - a player who fits in in a very particular manner that we just don't play.  Hopefully that changes.

And I'd probably agree that at this moment, he's our number 1.  That's quite a depressing thought, with the best will in the world towards the boy.

12 hours ago, gannonball said:

Jordan Rhodes has gone for similar money but didn't get anywhere near the team. McBurnie could well up being effective but it certainly isn't clear that he is number one.

On paper he clearly is.  Who is his competition?

35 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I think SSC should set McBurnie a challenge.    If he proves he can do 10 keepie ups in a row he'll considered for the squad.    That should keep him out squads for the foreseeable.  

I guarantee he could do a hundred after 12 cans of lager.  You really have no idea how good professional footballers are.

6 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Then why is he unable to control the most basic of passes and simply pass it on to a teammate.    We've around 100 reels of evidence from his Scotland 'performances'.   

I've watched him in the dark blue about 12 times live and I've never seen a player with his lack of basic footballing craft.    

Because you're full of shit.

6 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

You need to give us more.   I quite like your views on things, at times I find myself going against the forum grain and agreeing with you.   

What footballing attributes make you rate McBurnie so highly?   Is it his speed, touch, awareness, finishing, build up play, passing, crossing?   

Stop talking pish then.  You said he is unable to control the most basic of pass and pass it onto a teammate, yet here he is doing exactly that multiple times. He's actually technically quite good, which is why I know you either haven't see him or are just talking pish.

12 hours ago, forameus said:

Writing him off, absolutely not, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he just never delivers for Scotland, while continuing to be a really good club-level player.  Jordan Rhodes was lethal at club-level, but looked a bit limited and awkward for us.  Chris Martin wasn't quite as prolific, but again, looked like a fucking caravan for us.  Leigh Griffiths was probably our number 1, but I've never been totally convinced by him, and his excellent set pieces against England have masked what's been a fairly unremarkable international career.

With the players mentioned, you probably need to play a very particular way.  I imagine Rhodes could have gotten many, many goals for us had we set up to play to his strengths.  But we'd also likely concede just as many because we can't afford to do things that way.  I expect McBurnie is likely similar - a player who fits in in a very particular manner that we just don't play.  Hopefully that changes.

And I'd probably agree that at this moment, he's our number 1.  That's quite a depressing thought, with the best will in the world towards the boy.

Again, this is just drivel, as McBurnie is completely different from Rhodes and very well suited to playing on his own in the way that Scotland play.  That's exactly what type of player he is.

1 minute ago, skippy2015 said:

Some great goals his biggest attribute is his finishing in my opinion

He's a very good finisher, good in the air and on the deck, and can hold it up too, run the channels a wee bit, is physical but mobile, still a bit raw but he has a bit of everything and is developing into a very good player.

10 hours ago, Kuro said:

Again, this is just drivel, as McBurnie is completely different from Rhodes and very well suited to playing on his own in the way that Scotland play.  That's exactly what type of player he is.

Aye, that'll be why he's looked so brilliant.

I didn't say he was the same player as Rhodes.  The parallel is that they've looked far better at club level than they have at international (so far).  Those two are by no means alone in that.

I'd say he's better than Harry Souttar though.

23 hours ago, forameus said:

Chris Martin was fairly useful for us - we've not seen anything from McBurnie yet to suggest that he can reach that level.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Chris Martin was fairly useful for us - we've not seen anything from McBurnie yet to suggest that he can reach that level.

😂 Now that's damning!

I quite liked Chris Martin actually.  Admittedly looked like a haddy at times, but most of his appearances saw him thrown on with very little chance to actually change the game.  He shouldered (big shooders, mind) a lot of the blame for being one of the best of a fairly average group.  If we had anyone better in the moments he was called upon, he wouldn't have been there.  and that's not to say he was bad.

Edited by forameus