Kieran Tierney

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

No-one is going to pay £30 mil for a player from the Scottish leagues, regardless of potential. 

Scottish football is on par with Norwegian and Israeli football at the moment. Can you imagine someone coughing up £30 mil for a player from those leagues? Ain't happening. 

If a player is good enough for the EPL, the fee should his ability and potential

Tierney has UCL and international experience. Arsenal, typically, are trying to buy him cheaply.

Spurs have the same cheapskate mentality. 

6 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Guess it's all about opinions.    

I'm old enough to remember Dalglish, Souness, Larmier, Cooper etc.   I'm too young for Law and Jinky.    

I've seen it in the past where get caught up promoting our young players.   We do it because we really want them to succeed.   

In my 40 years of watching Scottish football the best players I've ever seen are:  

1.  Tierney 
2.  Dalglish 
3.  A. Robertson in that order.  

Tierney better than Dalglish?? Hahahahaha. Really?

7 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I'm old enough to remember Dalglish, Souness, Larmier, Cooper etc.   I'm too young for Law and Jinky.    

I've seen it in the past where get caught up promoting our young players.   We do it because we really want them to succeed.   

In my 40 years of watching Scottish football the best players I've ever seen are:  

1.  Tierney 
2.  Dalglish 

Grahame, just stop it,

1 hour ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I remember folk suggesting Dalglish wouldn't cut it at Liverpool.  Pretty sure I could quote some morons saying Andy Robertson couldn't make it at Ljverpool.  

KT has everything you'd want from a full back, he's strong as an Ox, quick, reads the game brilliantly, can pick a pass, can beat a player, great shot on him, and has the heart of a lion.   

Arsenal fans cannot wait for him to sign at rightly so, they've waited long enough to fill the void left by Ashley Cole.    

I may be wrong here, but I don't think anyone is saying Tierney will fail, just that he isn't proven at that level.  Quite why you've taken the Pep line of "you're all idiots and I am absolutely correct here" is anyones guess.

3 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

....and I'm not suggesting that KT is proven in the EPL?      He hasn't played there but I don't need him to play there to alter my opinion of his attributes.     I didn't need Henrik Larsson to sign for Man Utd and Barcelona to know he was absolutely top drawer.    

If you rate his less than me that's fine.    Certainly doesn't make you an idiot.   

Maybe don't use the word "moron" then as it kind of implies you think people are idiots.

1 hour ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I remember folk suggesting Dalglish wouldn't cut it at Liverpool.  Pretty sure I could quote some morons saying Andy Robertson couldn't make it at Ljverpool.  

Do you actually believe that rubbish? Provide some evidence to back it up.

In 1977, Liverpool paid £440k for Dalglish. It was the British record transfer fee at the time.

Bob Paisley signed Kenny to replace Kevin Keegan. I can't remember anyone saying  that he would fail at Liverpool.

13 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

1.  Tierney 
2.  Dalglish 

Tierney is better than Dalglish? What a roaster!

😂😂😂

Tierney is better than Dalglish? What a roaster!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He’s not a patch on Harry Souttar though and anybody who’s says otherwise doesn’t know what they’re taking about.

15 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

1.  Tierney 
2.  Dalglish 

😂

KT has everything you'd want from a full back, he's strong as an Ox,

Better than Kenny?

Strong as an Ox?

FFS [emoji23]🤣🤪

I don’t recall seeing many oxen fall down quite as easily.......

Maybe “...crumbles like an Oxo cube.....”

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I may be wrong here, but I don't think anyone is saying Tierney will fail, just that he isn't proven at that level.  Quite why you've taken the Pep line of "you're all idiots and I am absolutely correct here" is anyones guess.

You're wondering why perthshirebell is going for a deliberately confrontational stance? Really?

11 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

KT has everything you'd want from a full back, he's strong as an Ox, quick, reads the game brilliantly, can pick a pass, can beat a player, great shot on him, and has the heart of a lion.   

Arsenal fans cannot wait for him to sign at rightly so, they've waited long enough to fill the void left by Ashley Cole.    

Strong as an ox, heart of a lion, the cunning of a fox, the eyes of an owl, the nipples of a koala, and feet as nimble as a mountain goat.

image.thumb.png.4276797bf3cadd1d47c7a920d0084614.png

Chimeran Tierney