Kieran Tierney

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Man United are reportedly paying £42.5 million plus add-ons for Wan-Bissaka. The total deal will be worth up to £60 million. Wan-Bissaka is 21 and does not even a have a full England cap. 

The initial £15 million was a ridiculously low offer from Arsenal. In the current market, £30 million should be the very minimum as he's worth more than half of Wan-Bissaka's fee. 

Wan Bissaka has EPL experience and helps them with their home grown quota.

Rightly or wrongly that pumps the price right up.

Behave.

If he’s stays at Celtic for love of the club I think it’s admirable as that’s pretty rare these days. Footballing wise their is only one move he can make here and that’s to move to Arsenal. Better money, high quality league testing yourself against the best teams and players in the world, playing with better players, better coaches, better facilities etc. Let’s be honest the Scottish league although improved the last couple of years is pretty poor standard. Celtic fans will always say he’s crazy to move or because of champions league and 10 in a row but this means nothing out with scotland.

Tierneys choice is basically stay at Celtic become a Celtic legend or to put his name on the world stage and potentially be the next Andy Robertson.

Man United are reportedly paying £42.5 million plus add-ons for Wan-Bissaka. The total deal will be worth up to £60 million. Wan-Bissaka is 21 and does not even a have a full England cap. 

The initial £15 million was a ridiculously low offer from Arsenal. In the current market, £30 million should be the very minimum as he's worth more than half of Wan-Bissaka's fee. 

Everyone is ripping the pish out of Man United because they know a) how much MU spunk on players and b ) how much they need players.

Celtic also can't command as high a fee as Palace as player sales make up a large chunk of their income, whereas Palace have the mental TV money.

Wan-Bissaka has consistently done well in a better league. He's also a home grown player which bumps the price up a wee bit.

You're taking a slight risk on Tierney too, as no one's seen him play after his operation and he's been struggling in 2019.

Transfer fees aren't as black and white as "well this guy's worth X so this other guy is worth Y".

16 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

If he’s stays at Celtic for love of the club I think it’s admirable as that’s pretty rare these days. Footballing wise their is only one move he can make here and that’s to move to Arsenal. Better money, high quality league testing yourself against the best teams and players in the world, playing with better players, better coaches, better facilities etc. Let’s be honest the Scottish league although improved the last couple of years is pretty poor standard. Celtic fans will always say he’s crazy to move or because of champions league and 10 in a row but this means nothing out with scotland.

Tierneys choice is basically stay at Celtic become a Celtic legend or to put his name on the world stage and potentially be the next Andy Robertson.

I don't disagree but he's not an idiot if he feels all his dreams can be fulfilled at Celtic, personally I'd have upgraded my dreams in his position but I'm maybe greedier or never happy with my lot.

He's a daft wee fanny if he stays but he is a daft wee fanny so he probably will.  If he moves, within 18 months he'll be regarded as as good as Robertson, potentially better.

Edited by Kuro

Guest Moomintroll
Everyone is ripping the pish out of Man United because they know a) how much MU spunk on players and b ) how much they need players. Celtic also can't command as high a fee as Palace as player sales make up a large chunk of their income, whereas Palace have the mental TV money.
Wan-Bissaka has consistently done well in a better league. He's also a home grown player which bumps the price up a wee bit.
You're taking a slight risk on Tierney too, as no one's seen him play after his operation and he's been struggling in 2019.

Transfer fees aren't as black and white as "well this guy's worth X so this other guy is worth Y".

Yeah lets be honest, the t shirt seller is the only man on the planet who would buy a fiver for a tenner, every club on the planet knows it & rip the pish accordingly.

14 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

KT has hundreds of performances including Old Firm, Internationals, Europa league, Champ league that suggest he's every bit as good as Andy Robertson.   

What'll happen is he'll continue to play at this level, and look really good for Arsenal, and some complete tatties on here will talk about him "raising his game to another level".   

Most people agree he had a decent game against Man City in September 2016 (although Sterling still managed to score) BUT to mention 'Old Firm' as if it's some kind of measure of quality...Fucking hell! 

Maybe, but mind he’s coming from the Diddy leagues not England

11 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Maybe, but mind he’s coming from the Diddy leagues not England

No-one is going to pay £30 mil for a player from the Scottish leagues, regardless of potential. 

Scottish football is on par with Norwegian and Israeli football at the moment. Can you imagine someone coughing up £30 mil for a player from those leagues? Ain't happening. 

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

No-one is going to pay £30 mil for a player from the Scottish leagues, regardless of potential. 

Scottish football is on par with Norwegian and Israeli football at the moment. Can you imagine someone coughing up £30 mil for a player from those leagues? Ain't happening. 

If they want him bad enough, they'd pay it.  I don't think it's that unreasonable given the money thrown around in the English leagues.  He likely isn't worth that, but no-one's really worth the money they're getting paid for.  Scottish clubs need to stop shitting themselves and accepting lower amounts.  Given how terrified Celtic are of spending money, they clearly don't need to sell.  Tierney likely won't be desperate to leave either.  They can easily see how much a club really wants, and if they dig their heels in I'd imagine they can get a very decent sum.

On 23/06/2019 at 07:41, This time Perthshirebell said:

KT has hundreds of performances including Old Firm, Internationals, Europa league, Champ league that suggest he's every bit as good as Andy Robertson.   

Perhaps I don't watch enough of Tierney, but I just can't agree here. Robertson is streets ahead as a player right now for me. 

What'll happen is he'll continue to play at this level, and look really good for Arsenal, and some complete tatties on here will talk about him "raising his game to another level".   

KT is good but not played at the level robertson has consistently 

3 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Can you name the bad games Tierney has had that makes you question his consistency?    

His consistency is one of his best qualities.   

i never said he's had bad games but im  saying robertson is playing incredibly well week in week out at the pinnacle of european football.

13 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

But if Tierney continues to play at the same level he's currently playing at he'll be easily one of the best if not the best LB in the PL.  You don't automatically become a better player when you change clubs.   Tierney will still be as fast, as determined, as good in the tackle etc if he swaps Glasgow for London. 

His opponents in London will be of higher quality though, and he'll be playing that quality every week.  He's yet to test himself on a weekly basis at a higher level and it's impossible to judge if he'll have the same consistency until he actually has a go at it.

Just had a quick look, and he has had 102 appearances for Celtic (obviously a few of these are from the bench) and 12 appearances for Scotland. So your comment of him having hundreds of performances to suggest he is good as Robertson is wide of the mark.

Robertson is constantly performing in one of the best leagues in Europe, and in the Champions League itself. Tierney is doing neither.

Can you name the bad games Tierney has had that makes you question his consistency?    

His consistency is one of his best qualities.   
I agree he has been consistent over the years against the likes of Motherwell and hamiltom and Dundee etc.
He has did alright at international level. Unsure where he fits in at international level with Robertson at left back. Right back has been spoken about but it's a no for me.
Robertson did it right. Went to Hull and found his way to one of the best teams in Europe.
Tierney may become better than Robertson but if he wants to become better in my opinion he needs to leave and go to the EPL.
Nothing wrong with staying at Celtic either however if he does he can become a good Celtic player but that will be it.

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Tbf Chelsea paid £18m for an 18yo from the Norwegian leagues.