Kieran Tierney

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

One of clubs best players had on and off injury problems

Club books operation for day season ends to let him recover in time for new season and to help the team if needed

Player finishes season and gets operation as soon as it's over

Could question his commitment to start with but when you realise that he's booked in for a hernia operation you surely can't. Guys literally been coming back and getting injured in games he's no at it and the club decides when he's having the operation no him

Celtic are at it, that's my point. You brought up Izaguirre being the cover for him as if that justifys making Tierney play through injury, if that's the reasoning Celtic are using then why the f**k did they sign Izaguirre? We don't think you're good enough but here, have thousands of pounds every week. Nonsense. 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Celtic will have booked the operation. Their second choice is Izaguirre ffs. Enough reason to keep playing him when they've been able to, even when he's played he's been coming off injured or sore. Needs that op and club obviously wanting that operation to happen as soon as the season was done

Shouldn't even be a discussion

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

One of clubs best players had on and off injury problems

Club books operation for day season ends to let him recover in time for new season and to help the team if needed

Player finishes season and gets operation as soon as it's over

Could question his commitment to start with but when you realise that he's booked in for a hernia operation you surely can't. Guys literally been coming back and getting injured in games he's no at it and the club decides when he's having the operation no him

Neil Lennon literally came out last month and said they hadn't booked a surgery as they were "trying to hold it off until the end of the season", this was in April.

He picked up the injury in the first week of December.

Since he picked up the injury hes played 4 90 minutes, 4 90 minutes games in 6 months :lol: 

Theres absolutely zero chance he picked up the injury and Celtic instantly booked a surgery for 7 months later, as they know (Lennon has said multiple times) its a serious injury that could hamper his career if its not dealt with.

Theres no reason at all he wasn't booked in for the Winter break, as he would've been back regularly for Celtic and Scotland by then. As it was he was out from 5th December to the 24th of February.

Im still struggling to see why Scotland fans should give a single shiny shite about Celtics left back problem, are Scotland and Tierney expected to suffer because they can't build a squad?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Neil Lennon literally came out last month and said they hadn't booked a surgery as they were "trying to hold it off until the end of the season", this was in April.

He picked up the injury in the first week of December.

Since he picked up the injury hes played 4 90 minutes, 4 90 minutes games in 6 months :lol: 

Theres absolutely zero chance he picked up the injury and Celtic instantly booked a surgery for 7 months later

Well you are right, because the injury he got in December wasn't the hernia. The Hernia issue never materialized till February so they decided to see if he can play on till the end of the season. A provisional booking would also surely have been made for after the cup final.

Just skimmed this thread and am struggling to get the special antipathy and opprobrium for which Tierney has been singled out.The ease with which he goes down ( insert KW gif ) is a pain in the arse, certainly. His wee boy love for his club, however, is something we usually applaud in our own. That it's not our club shouldn't really jaundice our take on that.
As a poster said earlier, by age 25, he'll probably be a different person, unless I'm missing something and he"s the sort of lad who's considered likely to piss/gamble away his talents, or be spouting plastic Irish rubbish as a grown man.
As to his injury and the timing of his operation, I doubt he'll have had a lot of input on the final decision. In any event, it would be less than surprising if he has said he fancies a shot at getting a Scottish Cup Winner"s medal.
Really can't see what the fuss is here. I'd like to see him - and all our best young prospects - in as many Scotland squads for the next ten years. If he just isn't interested, then, yes, f**k him - and, as has been noted, Mr. Clarke is the man to get him telt.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I tend to agree that it's more Celtic to blame than anyone else. It's surely them who decide when their players go for surgery and they've known about the injury since December. I really don't like to sound like a conspiracy nut, but I can't for the life of me understand why they'd wait until now, rather than getting it done right away.

Cause they want him fully fit for the Euro qualifiers and naively believed they needed him for the run-in. 

Tierney probably cries himself to sleep every night, wetting his shamrock-themed pillow case with tears, cursing his father for not having drunk more pints of Guinness, thus rendering him eligible for the country he really wants to play for.

Tierney probably cries himself to sleep every night, wetting his shamrock-themed pillow case with tears, cursing his father for not having drunk more pints of Guinness, thus rendering him eligible for the country he really wants to play for.

I’m also surprised Wales didn’t cap him aged 13 or something to lock him in.

Just now, C. Muir said:

No Tierney for Celtic today.

Aside from Scotland, that is not a good look for Celtic.  So they knew he was essentially fucked and would need an operation, so they hold it off so that he can play in the Cup Final, and then he ends up injured for it anyway?

I know he's going to have had a say in it too, but that's not really taking care of your assets, is it?

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Shock, horror, Tierney really is injured.

The zoomers on this forum who were slating him have proved to be a total bunch of roasters.

No one claimed Tierney wasn't injured.

The "zoomers" said he should have had the surgery weeks ago (months even), instead of Celtic idiotically trying to keep him ticking over until the cup final. They were proven right today, not wrong.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

3 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

No one claimed Tierney wasn't injured.

The "zoomers" said he should have had the surgery weeks ago (months even), instead of Celtic idiotically trying to keep him ticking over until the cup final. They were proven right today, not wrong.

I suspect there were a few with the tin-foil hat on, but today has proved a lot of people right.  

I guess it's one way to make sure he stays with Celtic.  If they run him into the ground so much that he doesn't reach his potential, then he'll probably be there  until the end of his career.

26 minutes ago, forameus said:

I suspect there were a few with the tin-foil hat on, but today has proved a lot of people right.  

I guess it's one way to make sure he stays with Celtic.  If they run him into the ground so much that he doesn't reach his potential, then he'll probably be there  until the end of his career.

You're right to be fair. There's always a few idiots claiming nonsense but the vast majority were just critical of Celtic's handling of it.

I'm not going to get too worried over Tierney yet. I'll judge him again next season when he's fully fit again. If he's still not progressing at that point then it becomes a concern.