Kieran Tierney

The five day Fifa rule should have been implemented on him before now
It can only be implemented if a player doesn't turn up for international duty. He literally flew out to Kazakhstan with us the last time.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
24 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:
The five day Fifa rule should have been implemented on him before now

It can only be implemented if a player doesn't turn up for international duty. He literally flew out to Kazakhstan with us the last time.

A fact that has been overlooked by many posters.

Yeah, if he’d been playing every week and needed the close season for the operation then that would be fair enough - annoying, but fair enough. Really he should’ve had the operation months ago and he’d be fully fit for this vital run-in they’ve insisted he play in, as well as the cup final.

He’s only 22, I guess. Wouldn’t write him off but it’s clear he isn’t too bothered.

What a lot of pish

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The Sellick patter boy accounts are circling the wagons and claiming bias/conspiracy. 

We can't be far away from both sets of Old Firm fans boycotting the national teams' games. 

Hide contents

Good

I agree with him

39 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I agree with him

You miss every having a pop at Robertson the last time, which led to Andy coming out with some pish about him wanting to pay for his own flight over so he could play to appease the Tartan Army fuds who were questioning his commitment?

It's complete revisionism to say Robertson wasn't criticised.

There's a cultural problem with call-offs which is now widely acknowledged. The facts of whether the player is being a shitebag or not haven't been clearly established, but 1) I suspect he is because he has previous, and 2) I trust Steve Clarke to deal with this appropriately and shrewdly given how well he handled the awkward Jordan Jones situation.

You miss every having a pop at Robertson the last time, which led to Andy coming out with some pish about him wanting to pay for his own flight over so he could play to appease the Tartan Army fuds who were questioning his commitment?

I criticised Robertson then retracted it once I knew the details

Tierney has done f**k all wrong and to be honest I think a lot of it comes from a dislike of the club he's at and how players from that club have taken the piss in the past or played for Ireland over us

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I criticised Robertson then retracted it once I knew the details

Tierney has done f**k all wrong and to be honest I think a lot of it comes from a dislike of the club he's at and how players from that club have taken the piss in the past or played for Ireland over us

I tend to agree that it's more Celtic to blame than anyone else. It's surely them who decide when their players go for surgery and they've known about the injury since December. I really don't like to sound like a conspiracy nut, but I can't for the life of me understand why they'd wait until now, rather than getting it done right away.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Don't remember anyone saying we should be shot of him and wishing injury on him

There was no 18 page thread saying how much he couldn't give a f**k about Scotland anyway and if he was playing for Ireland he'd make it

Folk aren't annoyed at Tierney because he is missing these games; folk are annoyed at Tierney because he's played three games in November 2017 and used to never miss a game for Celtic. He's clearly injured and has been all year, but folk would cut him some slack if he hadn't missed so many games prior to this year.

Fraser and Ritchie have recieved similar criticism for the exact same thing, so it's not purely an anti-Celtic mindset either.

22 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Don't remember anyone saying we should be shot of him and wishing injury on him

There was no 18 page thread saying how much he couldn't give a f**k about Scotland anyway and if he was playing for Ireland he'd make it

That wasn't the point you agreed with in the above post though. 

In any case, that incident was very much the exception for Robertson, Tierney misses out on a fair amount of squads. I don't agree with wishing injury on Tierney for what it's worth, but Clarke has already mentioned he thinks some players pull out too easily, it'll be interesting to see if Tierney is one he's talking about.

Celtic will have booked the operation. Their second choice is Izaguirre ffs. Enough reason to keep playing him when they've been able to, even when he's played he's been coming off injured or sore. Needs that op and club obviously wanting that operation to happen as soon as the season was done

Shouldn't even be a discussion

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Their second choice is Izaguirre ffs.

A perfectly capable left back that has played over 100 games across 8 years for Celtic, but aye, he's no good enough to fill in for 6 weeks during a season that Celtic absolutely cantered with cigars out for the last 2 months.

Of course it's a talking point.

A perfectly capable left back that has played over 100 games across 8 years for Celtic, but aye, he's no good enough to fill in for 6 weeks during a season that Celtic absolutely cantered with cigars out for the last 2 months.
Of course it's a talking point.

One of clubs best players had on and off injury problems

Club books operation for day season ends to let him recover in time for new season and to help the team if needed

Player finishes season and gets operation as soon as it's over

Could question his commitment to start with but when you realise that he's booked in for a hernia operation you surely can't. Guys literally been coming back and getting injured in games he's no at it and the club decides when he's having the operation no him