Kieran Tierney

54 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As much as I think he could have had the op weeks ago calling him a fanny for wanting to play in a final is pretty ridiculous.

I don't think anyone is calling him out for wanting to play in a final. Celtic and Tierney have known about this injury since December and nothing has been done about it. Tierney says in that article it's not a long term problem and recovery time is 6 weeks max, Celtic could have got this done in January and he'd be comfortably back playing and at full fitness by now.  The fact that it's clearly been left until Celtic have no games (despite Tierney barely playing for 3 months) is what's bothering folk here.

He's needed an operation for months, he's been in and out the team due to his injuries in that time. Why not just have the operation when the issue persisted, would allow him to recover for the rest of the season and be ready for either the internationals or pre-season. Celtic are stupid for not giving the boy either more rest or get the issue sorted asap. 

From Tierney's persepective he seems a bit naive that he needs to be the Must play at all costs, main man. only so far you can do that before long term issues arise.

Celtic have had the league sewn up for months so have been playing a series of dead rubbers effectively.  Why not get it done in February of March and be fit for the cup final?  Izaguirre and Toljan are more than capable of filling in there.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48369736

Not a massive surprise but still disappointing. I hope he's one of the first on Clarke's list to get telt.

Totally agree. It’s a good chance for Clarke to lay down the law early on.

Tierney doesn’t want to play for Scotland, we have a World Class player in his position. He doesn’t want it, we don’t need him.

Get him to f**k.

Have to say I'm shocked at this latest development, didn't expect it at all.  Scotland should tell him to take a couple of years off from Intl football.  Would love to see us qualify for the euros and leave a fit Tierney at home.  Utter wee fanny having his career ruined by Celtic.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We have a world class left back and capable back ups. Kieran Tierney can retire from Scotland duty and remove all doubt as far as I am concerned.

We had to play a midfielder at LB last time, its not guaranteed Robertson will be fit for both games either.  What if he picks up a knock?  We need all our best players available all the time, Tierney is excellent.  Its a big loss, and he'd still be better at RB than anything we have. 

He is a daft wee fanny and Celtic are being hugely detrimental to his development, he could have had this operation six weeks ago and would be fit now.  Instead he plays a succession of dead rubbers.  He's an idiot and they are scum who don't give the slightest fk about Scotland, bet if he was Irish they'd have tried to get him fit to pander to the idiots in their support.  

I also have thought for a while Tierney could be converted into an excellent defensive midfielder for Scotland, has all the attributes and its an area we are very light.  Away against a team like Belgium him and McTominay would give us much better protection than anything else we have available. 

You could also play him behind Robertson in a game like that, or RB, he'd do well against a guy like Hazard who wants to come inside all the time, Tierney could follow him inside onto his good foot.  It's a big loss and one time too many Tierney has fucked off Scotland.

We had to play a midfielder at LB last time, its not guaranteed Robertson will be fit for both games either.  What if he picks up a knock?  We need all our best players available all the time, Tierney is excellent.  Its a big loss, and he'd still be better at RB than anything we have. 
He is a daft wee fanny and Celtic are being hugely detrimental to his development, he could have had this operation six weeks ago and would be fit now.  Instead he plays a succession of dead rubbers.  He's an idiot and they are scum who don't give the slightest fk about Scotland, bet if he was Irish they'd have tried to get him fit to pander to the idiots in their support.  
If Kieran Tierney is binned and therefore we are not waiting on him executing a last minute bail out with no cover, then we rely upon one of Kingsley, Douglas, Taylor to provide back up to Robertson.

Since Robertson isnt overly injury prone, I would be fairly happy with that scenario.

Certainly enough talent there to tell Tierney to GTF.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If Kieran Tierney is binned and therefore we are not waiting on him executing a last minute bail out with no cover, then we rely upon one of Kingsley, Douglas, Taylor to provide back up to Robertson.

Since Robertson isnt overly injury prone, I would be fairly happy with that scenario.

Certainly enough talent there to tell Tierney to GTF.

We still are better with Tierney than without, and can call up one of the others too as Tierney can be used elsewhere.  If you want to talk about injury prone look at Kingsley, who is currently injured.  Douglas is out till the start of next season so not an option just now and Bryan has never even confirmed he would even accept a call-up.  We need Tierney.

Robertson is coming to the end of a season where he's played fifty high intensity games, no guarantee he's fit either.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah.... But Tierney is not fit m9.

If Tierney cannot be relied upon, then the correct thing to do is to cease relying upon him, otherwise you will end up playing midfielders at LB.

You just suggested relying on two players who aren't fit either and one who doesn't play for Scotland as alternatives.  You're kind of making the case for needing Tierney.

You just suggested relying on two players who aren't fit either and one who doesn't play for Scotland as alternatives.  You're kind of making the case for needing Tierney.
I am suggesting alternatives at LB which allow Clarke to play hardball with Tierney. Other players should also get the same treatment.

If Tierney shows willing then of course we are better with him. If he does not then he should be told where to go. Not sure* why this is difficult to follow for you.

*I am sure, it's because you are quite silly.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am suggesting alternatives at LB which allow Clarke to play hardball with Tierney. Other players should also get the same treatment.

If Tierney shows willing then of course we are better with him. If he does not then he should be told where to go. Not sure* why this is difficult to follow for you.

*I am sure, it's because you are quite silly.

Who aren't available for this game.

9 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Staggered at the idea that a player will take the time off to get his injury treated when it affects his club the least

Absolutely mind boggling stuff

It has been affecting his club though, he's barely kicked a ball for them. 

Yeah, if he’d been playing every week and needed the close season for the operation then that would be fair enough - annoying, but fair enough. Really he should’ve had the operation months ago and he’d be fully fit for this vital run-in they’ve insisted he play in, as well as the cup final.

He’s only 22, I guess. Wouldn’t write him off but it’s clear he isn’t too bothered.