Kieran Tierney

16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Think he meets more like Hooper, McGeady or Johansen etc.

I remember morons on here saying Wanyama and Van Dijk would fail in the mighty English league before they went so I’m sceptical about bitter TA foot soldiers writing off KT.

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Think he meets more like Hooper, McGeady or Johansen etc.

whit? :lol: If anything I thought Johansen was underrated by our support I dont recall many saying he was going to be a superstar.

The only one out the 3 who was massively rated really was Mcgeady (not by me however) and given he was a great success in Russia  then got a move to pretty decent Everton team then linked to Arsenal would suggest he did ok  really. He's now languishing at Sunderland but I think his motivation went years ago.

Edited by gannonball

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You think Tierney will end up better than VVD ??

Dearie me.

No I’m saying the people on here writing off his chances of succeeding in a league they overrate when the context suits are morons,

Tierney would absolutely stroll the premiership.  He's potentially better than Robertson if he grew up a bit mentally.  Celtic are holding him back now and he needs to leave.

He will probably play in the cup final then be mysteriously injured again for Scotland though.

Sigh.  Remember I told you when I'm proved correct.  He's better than Robertson at virtually everything.

How come he’s not playing for one of the worlds top clubs then?

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

How come he’s not playing for one of the worlds top clubs then?

Cause he's a daft wee boy.  I don't think there's any doubt a couple of them have already enquired about him.  Robertson was at Hull at his age.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/former-celtic-defender-says-he-scouted-kieran-tierney-for-man-utd

Oh look, Man Utd scout and ex Celtic player saying he scouted Tierney for Man Utd.  That means he was instructed to do so btw, not that he just happened to.  

Wonder why they never put a bid in?

11 hours ago, Kuro said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/former-celtic-defender-says-he-scouted-kieran-tierney-for-man-utd

Oh look, Man Utd scout and ex Celtic player saying he scouted Tierney for Man Utd.  That means he was instructed to do so btw, not that he just happened to.  

Man Utd sent scouts to watch Matthew Knox, as did a whole host of other European giants.  He's just been relegated with Berwick to the Lowland League. Of course Tierney and Knox are on completely different levels, but a scout watching him means largely f**k all. Until a bid is received then we don't really know if they're interested. And I know a bid hasn't been received because you can bet your gran's dinner on it that the Celtic board would proudly be proclaiming that they'd knocked back £300M for the best left back ever to play the game.

I think Tierney would probably hold a place down at a Leicester, West Ham, Wolves. There is nothing to suggest that he would could play for a top 6 side.

Remember Wanyama and VVD went to Southampton first, did well and then made the step up, Tierney would have to follow the same path.

I think Tierney would probably hold a place down at a Leicester, West Ham, Wolves. There is nothing to suggest that he would could play for a top 6 side.
Remember Wanyama and VVD went to Southampton first, did well and then made the step up, Tierney would have to follow the same path.

He would play at West Ham, but I doubt he’d be ahead of Chilwell at Leicester or Jonny Otto at Wolves.

He needs time out. His sick obsession with Celtic is going to seriously hinder his career if he doesn’t take the time out to get his injury dealt with ASAP.

I don’t blame him for pulling out of Scotland squads because his injury is clearly quite bad. He definitely shouldn’t be trying to play for Celtic though.

People who try to write off Tierney because he plays for Celtic are a bit fucking pathetic. He's clearly a very, very good player, and is definitely better now than Robertson was at this age. 

That would be fair enough if it was true.

1. Nobody is writing him off because he’s playing for Celtic. They are questioning his ambition because it’s evident he doesn’t fancy the challenge of playing at a higher level.

2. Every move Robertson made, he learned and developed and improved. Tierney is stagnating at best.

3. It’s quite legitimate to question how good he actually is. I’d describe him as an unusually competent left back by Scottish standards, whereas as I’d describe Robertson as an elite left back by European standards.

I know a guy who is a really good guitar player, but will never make a record or even do a gig, never mind tour.  He's happy just noodling away by himself or occasionally jamming with friends.  He's never been in a band.  That's what does it for him, and he's happy doing his thing, fair play to him.  But he'll never be a great guitarist, doesn't matter if I think he's better than Hendrix. 

Edited by Tulloch Gorum

17 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

A know a guy who is a really good guitar player, but will never make a record or even do a gig, never mind tour.  He's happy just noodling away by himself or occasionally jamming with friends.  He's never been in a band.  That's what does it for him, and he's happy doing his thing, fair play to him.  But he'll never be a great guitarist, doesn't matter if I think he's better than Hendrix. 

Perfect analogy.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Man Utd sent scouts to watch Matthew Knox, as did a whole host of other European giants.  He's just been relegated with Berwick to the Lowland League. Of course Tierney and Knox are on completely different levels, but a scout watching him means largely f**k all. Until a bid is received then we don't really know if they're interested. And I know a bid hasn't been received because you can bet your gran's dinner on it that the Celtic board would proudly be proclaiming that they'd knocked back £300M for the best left back ever to play the game.

Sorry you don't know anything about professional football.  I can't be bothered educating you.