Kieran Tierney

22 hours ago, Kuro said:

He didn't need to play yesterday or next week, could have had his op a week ago (hernia is a very minor op) and been back.for cup final and Scotland.  Celtic have managed him horrifically, played him far too much initially, we are seeing the results of that now.

So he could have had the op a week ago, and been back in time for the cup final in 19 days time?  After an operation that's 3 weeks recovery time at best, and 6 weeks before strenuous exercise, aye?  

Did you even google it, Pep?  Come on, you're better than this.

17 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Forgive me for perhaps being naive, but isn't playing football with a hernia extremely stupid?

Yes, theres a slim chance he could hamper his entire career by plodding on with this absolutely pointless "must play every game" shite for Celtic. He could barely walk when he was subbed off against Aberdeen at the weekend.

Celtic and Tierneys behaviour around this is mind boggling. The laddie is going to cost himself millions. He will be burnt out when he should be hitting his prime and stuck with Celtic. All the signs are there. In my opinion, he appears to be blind to the damage he is doing to his own future*, all the signs are there that he will never reach the heights of Robertson (who its only natural to compare him too).

*However, we are all football fans and most likely we bemoan the lack of yer old fashioned "one club man" nowadays. He is a Celtic fan so if he wants to forego the big bucks to ply his trade there then fair enough.

On 06/05/2019 at 08:45, forameus said:

So he could have had the op a week ago, and been back in time for the cup final in 19 days time?  After an operation that's 3 weeks recovery time at best, and 6 weeks before strenuous exercise, aye?  

Did you even google it, Pep?  Come on, you're better than this.

It's two weeks and four in a lot of cases, l think Google has mislead you actually.  

On 06/05/2019 at 08:59, Bairnardo said:

Celtic and Tierneys behaviour around this is mind boggling. The laddie is going to cost himself millions. He will be burnt out when he should be hitting his prime and stuck with Celtic. All the signs are there. In my opinion, he appears to be blind to the damage he is doing to his own future*, all the signs are there that he will never reach the heights of Robertson (who its only natural to compare him too).

*However, we are all football fans and most likely we bemoan the lack of yer old fashioned "one club man" nowadays. He is a Celtic fan so if he wants to forego the big bucks to ply his trade there then fair enough.

BBC gossip column said yesterday inter Milan and Napoli interested.  Perfect move for him, a couple of years at either he's one of the best LBs in the world.  No chance he goes to either, and will spend another couple of years playing the likes of Hamilton, Livingstone and St Johnstone.

Edited by Kuro

23 minutes ago, Kuro said:

BBC gossip column said yesterday inter Milan and Napoli interested.  Perfect move for him, a couple of years at either he's one of the best LBs in the world.  No chance he goes to either, and will spend another couple of years playing the likes of Hamilton, Livingstone and St Johnstone.

Would be conceivable if either believe they can achieve what Celtic haven't and bulk him up like Danny Rose.  I don't think you'll get far in a big league by just folding like an old deck chair OR putting both hands to your face every time someone gives him a shoulder challenge.

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Would be conceivable if either believe they can achieve what Celtic haven't and bulk him up like Danny Rose.  I don't think you'll get far in a big league by just folding like an old deck chair OR putting both hands to your face every time someone gives him a shoulder challenge.

He's much physically stronger than Robertson.  And he does okay.

59 minutes ago, Kuro said:

It's two weeks and four in a lot of cases, l think Google has mislead you actually.  

So even if that is true, and it isn't just a "fact" you've pulled out in desperation, that would still make him unavailable, or at the very best unfit, for the cup final.  Glad we've cleared that up.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

So even if that is true, and it isn't just a "fact" you've pulled out in desperation, that would still make him unavailable, or at the very best unfit, for the cup final.  Glad we've cleared that up.

Omg I was out by two days what a disgrace.

I also think he will leave Celtic either this summer or next summer - playing up to the "I'm one of you" image to butter up their fans is fine, but that doesn't mean he won't take the chance to leave as soon as it's presented.

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I also think he will leave Celtic either this summer or next summer - playing up to the "I'm one of you" image to butter up their fans is fine, but that doesn't mean he won't take the chance to leave as soon as it's presented.

I think it's almost certainly been presented a couple of times already and he's evidently already turned it down.

On 03/05/2019 at 17:55, woof! said:

it was in Kazakhstan.

On 03/05/2019 at 18:14, Binos said:

Exactly

We had a perfectly capable left back sitting in the house with his feet up and McLeish chose to use a centre midfielder in there instead.  With a sensible manager in place we don't ever have an issue at left back.

Yeah, I don't see the buttering up as being Brendan style lip service.  I think he genuinely feels like he is Celtic.  Maybe there's a degree of nervousness deep down, maybe he doesn't think he quite has what it takes to make it somewhere else, and is taking the comfortable option.  Maybe he just really likes a haggis supper.  

Guest DAVIDB69

He has promised misses the boat regards a decent premier league move. probably the likes of Burnley and Brighton calling

On 14/05/2019 at 12:44, DAFC. said:

Or maybe he is the most overrated footballer of all time and will get swiftly found out in the big boy's league?

Bit like Wanyama, Van Dijk, Dembele et al.