Kieran Tierney

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

Must have missed around 20 odd games this season for Celtic, through various injuries. Clearly not committed to them either, and should be left to rot in the reserves.

Played.in 90% of Celtics games since breaking into the team and missed 60% of Scotland's.  Explain that.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah_Cole said:

Which would seem perfectly reasonable to me.

If the club and player decide to take a chance for the cup final then that is their prerogative. They pay his wages.

But you surely can't expect them to take a chance on his fitness for an international?

If he's fit he's fit, if he's not he's not.  If he's fit to play for Celtic one week he's fit to play for Scotland the next.  Why shouldn't Scotland take a chance with him too?  It's a massive game for us.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Played.in 90% of Celtics games since breaking into the team and missed 60% of Scotland's.  Explain that.

If he picks up an injury that means missing 2 Celtic games and 2 Scotland games, the overall % is going to be hugely skewed, so I wouldn't put a great deal of importance on that. He has missed a lot of games for Celtic this season, and played through injury in others. He has also played out of position and through injury for Scotland. If he played his club football for anyone other than Celtic(Or Rangers for that matter), next to no one would make an issue of it. Because he is a Celtic player(and fan), people will use any stick to beat him.

I don't think his commitment to either side can be questioned FWIW. Watching his performances at club level this season he looks like he needs a bit of time out. He has played a ridiculous number of games since breaking into the side a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

If he picks up an injury that means missing 2 Celtic games and 2 Scotland games, the overall % is going to be hugely skewed, so I wouldn't put a great deal of importance on that. He has missed a lot of games for Celtic this season, and played through injury in others. He has also played out of position and through injury for Scotland. If he played his club football for anyone other than Celtic(Or Rangers for that matter), next to no one would make an issue of it. Because he is a Celtic player(and fan), people will use any stick to beat him.

I don't think his commitment to either side can be questioned FWIW. Watching his performances at club level this season he looks like he needs a bit of time out. He has played a ridiculous number of games since breaking into the side a few years ago.

Bullshit.  He would walk through brick walls for Celtic and isn't really arsed when it comes to Scotland.  The stats don't lie.  It would be.as.egregious no matter who.he played for.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Bullshit.  He would walk through brick walls for Celtic and isn't really arsed when it comes to Scotland.  The stats don't lie.  It would be.as.egregious no matter who.he played for.

The stats lie quite frequently.

How many matches has he missed for Celtic this season, through injury?  This has him missing 18 since December, and that doesn't include the Hibs game at the weekend. Clearly though, he was only faking that so he had a good excuse to pull out of the Scotland squad.

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The stats lie quite frequently.

How many matches has he missed for Celtic this season, through injury?  This has him missing 18 since December, and that doesn't include the Hibs game at the weekend. Clearly though, he was only faking that so he had a good excuse to pull out of the Scotland squad.

No they don't.  Look at the last two seasons, then I'll accept your apology.

It's fucking brilliant having Pep back, isn't it?

Anyway, it's not going to tell the whole story to compare missing 90% of a very large number of games to 60% of a relatively small number.  That much is obvious.  Missing one game for Celtic doesn't really move the needle on the first number, but does for the second.  

13 minutes ago, Kuro said:

No they don't.  Look at the last two seasons, then I'll accept your apology.

Working this out roughly, via Wikipedia. 2017/18 is a marginal difference. Had he played in 1 of the other Scotland games it would have been almost the same, % wise. 2018/19 he has missed a significant number of games for both club and country. The recent double header for Scotland, which he missed, is the only thing that means his % of games played for Scotland isn't identical to his club rate. Admit it, you just don't like him because FTOF.

2017/18

Celtic games: 61

Tierney appearances 55

% 90

Scotland games 9

Tierney appearances 7

% 78

2018/19 to date:

Celtic games 58

Tierney appearances 37

% 63

Scotland games 8

Tierney appearances 3

% 38

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

And the season before....And how many times he's.missed Scotland games and played in the Celtic game the next week, and the week before.  Your stats show he's been at it from day one.

2016/17 He played in 40 of Celtics 59 games, around 68 %. He played in 2 of Scotlands 7 games that I can see(29%) but given that 4 of those matches came between October and March, when he was also missing games for Celtic due to injury, it simply backs up the opposing view rather than yours.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

2016/17 He played in 40 of Celtics 59 games, around 68 %. He played in 2 of Scotlands 7 games that I can see(29%) but given that 4 of those matches came between October and March, when he was also missing games for Celtic due to injury, it simply backs up the opposing view rather than yours.

Riiiiiight....so the fact he has played in a significantly higher percentage of Celtics games than Scotland's every season hacks up the opposite of my view.  I really hope you're not an accountant.

14 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Riiiiiight....so the fact he has played in a significantly higher percentage of Celtics games than Scotland's every season hacks up the opposite of my view.  I really hope you're not an accountant.

He was fit and available for Celtic in a period in which 3 Scotland games were played. He played in 2 of them. which is 67%

The other 4 games were played during a period in which he also played no football at club level. Your point is that he misses games at national level when he doesn't for his club. That is why I am ignoring them, and disproving you in the process.

Edited by Ross.

30 minutes ago, Ross. said:

He was fit and available for Celtic in a period in which 3 Scotland games were played. He played in 2 of them. which is 67%

The other 4 games were played during a period in which he also played no football at club level. Your point is that he misses games at national level when he doesn't for his club. That is why I am ignoring them, and disproving you in the process.

So by showing he's played in a significantly higher percentage of Celtics games than Scotland's games every season as a professional footballer you're shown he hasn't played in a higher percentage of Celtics games than Scotland's.   Good job.

56 minutes ago, Kuro said:

So by showing he's played in a significantly higher percentage of Celtics games than Scotland's games every season as a professional footballer you're shown he hasn't played in a higher percentage of Celtics games than Scotland's.   Good job.

The difference is negligible. Your point was that he misses Scotland games when fit. Statistics and the fixture list would suggest you are wrong. He misses Scotland games generally when he is also missing Celtic games. The international football calendar is almost entirely the reason for the statistical differences.

What’s the saying again? There’s lies, there’s damned lies, and there’s fuds on football forums who keep coming back under different user names because they get banned for being fuds?

17 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The difference is negligible. Your point was that he misses Scotland games when fit. Statistics and the fixture list would suggest you are wrong. He misses Scotland games generally when he is also missing Celtic games. The international football calendar is almost entirely the reason for the statistical differences.

What’s the saying again? There’s lies, there’s damned lies, and there’s fuds on football forums who keep coming back under different user names because they get banned for being fuds?

Statistics clearly prove I'm right, as you've shown.  160 games for Celtic and 12 for Scotland tells no lies.  Multiple instances of missing Scotland games then playing for Celtic the next week, often the week before too, tells no lies.  He's at it.

38 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Statistics clearly prove I'm right, as you've shown.  160 games for Celtic and 12 for Scotland tells no lies.  Multiple instances of missing Scotland games then playing for Celtic the next week, often the week before too, tells no lies.  He's at it.

Statistics don’t prove anything. They may suggest something, but that something crumbles completely under the most basic scrutiny. I will give you something though, he has definitely played a lot more for his club than he has for his country. Would never have expected that.

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Statistics don’t prove anything. They may suggest something, but that something crumbles completely under the most basic scrutiny. I will give you something though, he has definitely played a lot more for his club than he has for his country. Would never have expected that.

Proportionally.  And your 'scrutiny' proved me right.

16 hours ago, Kuro said:

Multiple instances of missing Scotland games then playing for Celtic the next week, often the week before too, tells no lies. 

You going to give anything to back this up, champ?  I'm sure you've got them all to hand, or can at least find them given there's "multiple instances".