P&B Hospital

45 minutes ago, PWL said:

Had similar issues. I did get some decent Non steroidal anti imflammatories but they eased the pain rather than cure. I just find I have to put up with it for 6 months or so and it eases. 

I think just keeping going as much as I can is best, unless it's at its most debilitating and I can't move at all. It tends to improve over the day, provided I can get going in the first place! 

I also have ear problems :huh:

I'd never ever had an ear infection in my life until a couple of years ago - both ears got infected badly and it was the worst thing ever. I've had a few infections since but none as bad. Theres still something not right, either, as I quite often have fluid in my ears hours after being near water.

Sore shoulder too, from sitting at a desk all day. Some exercises from the physio are helping but now Im getting pins and needles and electric shock type sensations down my arms

19 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I think just keeping going as much as I can is best, unless it's at its most debilitating and I can't move at all. It tends to improve over the day, provided I can get going in the first place! 

Again, I'm very similar. Some mornings I can barely walk first thing but I'll crunch ibuprofen and it'll ease up as day goes on. My physio described it like toothache of the leg and I thought that was pretty accurate. 

Do you ever get numbness or weakness in your legs from it?? I've had sciatica in the past and it's came back in the last few weeks after tweaking my back lifting something at work. My legs have been numb sometimes.

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

I also have ear problems :huh:

I'd never ever had an ear infection in my life until a couple of years ago - both ears got infected badly and it was the worst thing ever. I've had a few infections since but none as bad. Theres still something not right, either, as I quite often have fluid in my ears hours after being near water.

Sore shoulder too, from sitting at a desk all day. Some exercises from the physio are helping but now Im getting pins and needles and electric shock type sensations down my arms

The pins and needles and electric shock sensations are symptomatic of a trapped nerve. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Did some yoga on Saturday and felt like I'd grown a couple of inches (don't be filthy). Hadn't realised how stiff (again, behave) you could be without being aware of it. 

I did yoga for the first time in my life the other week and contorted into positions I've probably never been in in my life. The very next day is when my back popped at work and was out the game for almost 3 weeks. During my time off I read that Yin Yoga should not be attempted by beginners. Nice of the teacher not to mention that. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Do you ever get numbness or weakness in your legs from it?? I've had sciatica in the past and it's came back in the last few weeks after tweaking my back lifting something at work. My legs have been numb sometimes.

Yep, that's common with sciatica because of the nerve involvement. 

I was in hospital once getting a CT and a lumbar puncture to rule out a stroke. During the physical examination, the doctor was worried that my left leg was significantly weaker than my right. I was reassuring him that it was perfectly normal! 

It’s weird, so many ear problems on P&B, is it infectious?
I’ve also got an ear problem.
Earlier today, I was urinating & pulled my foreskin back, my god! The stench was horrendous!
Now my OH(mumsnet for this pish)is doing her nut, saying that my cock infection has tainted her nice perfume. It’s really doing my ears in listening to her complaining.

23 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

It’s weird, so many ear problems on P&B, is it infectious?
I’ve also got an ear problem.
Earlier today, I was urinating & pulled my foreskin back, my god! The stench was horrendous!
Now my OH(mumsnet for this pish)is doing her nut, saying that my cock infection has tainted her nice perfume. It’s really doing my ears in listening to her complaining.

I don't get this. Are you saying you have an ear on your helmet?

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I don't get this. Are you saying you have an ear on your helmet?

Getting your partner to urinate in you ear is a simple way of blasting out the wax. I don’t have a foreskin so can’t share in BB’s stinking helmet woe fortunately.

Getting your partner to urinate in you ear is a simple way of blasting out the wax. I don’t have a foreskin so can’t share in BB’s stinking helmet woe fortunately.
Nae doubt. If everyone else has a foreskin then youl have a fiveskin....

Fife c**t

52 minutes ago, philpy said:

Thanks. Is it worth speaking to my GP about it?? I'm on naproxen for the back pain, but its the thing with my legs that concerns me.

It's certainly worth a try to see if there's anything else they can do. Have you had input from physio? I'd recommend that as well if you haven't already. 

A lot of the conventional painkillers don't do much for nerve pain, but there's other medications you can try for it so definitely see your GP if it's a concern. 

What the f**k does OH mean? I assumed that it was old hoor but since [mention=72351]Brother Blades[/mention] has mentioned it I'm thinking only heffer (left in the pub).
Other Half. It's mumsnet pish and bannings will definitely be coming if it keeps up on here