P&B Hospital

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ive been wanting to get my lugs syringed for some time now.  Do you need to ask a Doctor or is there some kind of back street network that does it?

If you go private to somewhere like Hidden Hearing it'll cost £50 but they do a much better job, especially if the NHS nurse hasn't done it much before.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Mrs does mine once or twice a year, one of the perks being married to a nurse. Thank you.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

it'll cost £50 but they do a much better job, especially if the NHS nurse hasn't done it much before.

Wonder if this is true for the other perks as well?

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Do it. Just go to the doctor and tell them you need it done. You do need to spend a few days using drops to soften the wax which is a total pain in the arse and seems to make things worse but my god is it worth it.

You wont believe the shit that comes out your ear, I spent a good few minutes staring at it in awe. Obviously took a pic of it to send about my various Whatsapp groups whilst they ate their lunch.

Pics?

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I’ve bitten one of my nails a bit much and it’s a little sore if I apply pressure now. Thoughts and prayers welcome.

Our Father who art in Heaven.

Please put NJ2 out of his misery.

Amen

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Pics?

Those chunks were dark brown and probably bigger than they look in the pic. A couple escaped down the plug until I requested the nurse block it with a paper towel. She seemed as freakishly into it as me and she was a solid 7. She can squirt her warm liquid into my ear hole any time she likes.

20180511_132722.jpg

Ive been wanting to get my lugs syringed for some time now.  Do you need to ask a Doctor or is there some kind of back street network that does it?

I read that as “lungs syringed”. I don’t want that done. I would quite like my ears syringed through.

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Those chunks were dark brown and probably bigger than they look in the pic.

20180511_132722.jpg

thats-plenty-797439.png

Edited by Hedgecutter

Got a hearing test as part of my medical before I started my job. Nurse lady said my hearing is fine but got waxy ears so I should get them cleaned. Told me the stuff to use. Dutifully I got the stuff and done as she said. Went to bed that night and woke up completely dead in one ear. For three days I couldn’t hear a thing in my left ear. So bollocks to getting that done again.

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Those chunks were dark brown and probably bigger than they look in the pic. A couple escaped down the plug until I requested the nurse block it with a paper towel. She seemed as freakishly into it as me and she was a solid 7. She can squirt her warm liquid into my ear hole any time she likes.

20180511_132722.jpg

You nasty.

I had a chest infection over the winter and got sent for an x-ray which revealed I have quite pronounced scoliosis. That'll be why I've had so much pain in my hips, shoulder and back I suppose.

Hoping that treatment involves some kind of medieval rack. I could be doing with being a few inches taller.

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I had a chest infection over the winter and got sent for an x-ray which revealed I have quite pronounced scoliosis. That'll be why I've had so much pain in my hips, shoulder and back I suppose.

Hoping that treatment involves some kind of medieval rack. I could be doing with being a few inches taller.

Eddie Munster has told us quite a lot about you already.

On 11/05/2018 at 10:51, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Do it. Just go to the doctor and tell them you need it done. You do need to spend a few days using drops to soften the wax which is a total pain in the arse and seems to make things worse but my god is it worth it.

You wont believe the shit that comes out your ear, I spent a good few minutes staring at it in awe. Obviously took a pic of it to send about my various Whatsapp groups whilst they ate their lunch.

It's a brilliant feeling have had it done twice and it's like shooting your load.  Everything is so loud afterwards too.

On 5/11/2018 at 13:32, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

20180511_132722.jpg

image.png.b7a661c610f95e6041b25328427db7fc.png

11 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

GP today for me. My sciatica isn't improving at all so I've got some more medication and a physio referral. 

No opiates though :(

Had similar issues. I did get some decent Non steroidal anti imflammatories but they eased the pain rather than cure. I just find I have to put up with it for 6 months or so and it eases.