P&B Hospital

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Fun fact: I had an extra sinus (or something like that) cut from my throat as a baby. If I gulp then only one side of my neck that has a cracking scar moves up and down (which strangely still entertains my OH). 

Of course, my mother could have tried to slash my throat in some form of postnatal depression, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

What does OH mean? I haven't been on Mumsnet for a while but I'm assuming old hoor?

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The doctor gave me some weird drops for my ear wax. Horrible stuff. It's sticky but it runs out my ear.
I've only got to use it until Monday morning and then the MA lassie will skoosh it (my ear) with water.

I had a peanut stuck in my ear in the 1980's. Poured in some melted chocolate and it came out a Treet.

Back when I was still staying with my parents, I had a proper bout of flu. After being in bed for a day or two with a bad fever, I made it to the toilet for a pee. So far so good. When I came out the bathroom I made it 2 yards and passed out, and faceplanted onto the hall carpet. I had carpet burns on my knees, arms, chin and on the tip of my nose.

Went out to my garage to grab something while in my bare feet. Knocked a plank of wood over and it took the tip of my toe clean off. 

The pain from the needle as they were giving me local anaesthetics was worse than the toe injury.   I have a high tolerance to anaesthetics so they had to inject my toe 6 times. By the end I had local running out the tip of my toe. Still felt them stitching the toe. 

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

In 2001 had a tumor removed from my neck, biopsy results toxoplasmosis

That's what killed Tommy from Trainspotting,  did you have a kitten pissing and shitting all over the place?

I have impacted ear wax after I tried to get some ear wax out my ear with one of those cotton bud sticks and I ended up pushing it further in.
This place is filled with a fair number of freaks.
What are some of the weird stuff you have going on?
Anyone got the scabies?

I had a blocked ear and went to my local GP. I got an appointment for later in the week and they cleared it with some sort of warm water scoosher type thing.

I'd go as far as saying it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

38 minutes ago, nsr said:

Had my ears syringed once. Was writing my dissertation at the time (not literally the exact moment). Felt bloody marvellous afterwards.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I had a blocked ear and went to my local GP. I got an appointment for later in the week and they cleared it with some sort of warm water scoosher type thing.

I'd go as far as saying it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Yes, I can also confirm the feeling of having your ears syringed is quite like no other.  Absolutely marvellous.  

Ive been wanting to get my lugs syringed for some time now.  Do you need to ask a Doctor or is there some kind of back street network that does it?

Do it. Just go to the doctor and tell them you need it done. You do need to spend a few days using drops to soften the wax which is a total pain in the arse and seems to make things worse but my god is it worth it.

You wont believe the shit that comes out your ear, I spent a good few minutes staring at it in awe. Obviously took a pic of it to send about my various Whatsapp groups whilst they ate their lunch.