P&B Hospital

15 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Doctors tomorrow regarding swelling and pain behind my left testis.  Not looking forward to it, truth be told.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:
Doctors tomorrow regarding swelling and pain behind my left testis.  Not looking forward to it, truth be told.

You probably already have googled it, but if not check out epididymitis. Maybe will put your mind at rest. I had it once. Its just a mild infection of yer sperm tube but it hurts like a b*****d and feels like its going to pop when you move certain ways etc.

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I had that recently, found a lump, fucking fright of my life. Docs and dose of antibiotics and sorted in a few days. 

Yeah.... been there, done that. Antibiotics worked for me too, but the worry was awful. 

I was at the stage of thinking about a bottle of whisky, a hosepipe and car exhaust I'm such a fucking coward. 

Moral? Let  your  doctor check you out and explore and consider all the possibilities and options.

I have a strange bony growth right over the joint where my big toe connects to my foot (right side). I have to crack the that toe often as well otherwise it throbs a bit. Strangely a small vein has started to grow over it.

Means I can't wear certain kinds of footwear as it can press on the growth, which can be sore 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I have a strange bony growth right over the joint where my big toe connects to my foot (right side). I have to crack the that toe often as well otherwise it throbs a bit. Strangely a small vein has started to grow over it.

Means I can't wear certain kinds of footwear as it can press on the growth, which can be sore 

Sounds like we could be Bunion Buddies.

Oh aye, and regarding the testicle thing; I had a lump a few years back on the left ball. Was absolutely shitting it big time. Had to go for a scan and the wait was horrible. I was shitting it, fearing the worst.

Was just a small mass of veins. Total relief when the woman scanning my sack told me. It went away after a few months

When I was a student I left my dissertation to the last minute and had to spend three days finishing writing it, living entirely out of vending machines and not sleeping. When I got it handed in I went out on a two day drinking binge to celebrate. Once I’d sobered up I had a strange lump on my chest, i genuinely thought I’d drunk my way into breast cancer [emoji23] However, a trip to the doctors confirmed it was an abscess, probably caused by not eating properly and being run down. I was given antibiotics and told if it didn’t go down after a few days to go to casualty and get it lanced. It didn’t go down but formed a scab on the top, absolutely disgusting. After three days I decided to go to casualty but when I was in the shower the scab on the abscess basically disintegrated and all the pus oozed out, it’s the single most disgusting thing I’ve ever had happen to me, some amount of pus in it and it absolutely stank.

2 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I once carpet burned my knees off, had my banjo snapped, fainted from the blood and caught an "infection" after a drunken one night stand then spent the next 4 years snapping the banjo every time I got my hole. Brutal!

:lol: That is fucking agony. Had the same problem and it looked like I was shooting aquafresh everytime I blew my lid.

Edited by LincolnHearts

Rolled my ankle on a pothole walking along a dark road at the weekend. Same one that I knackered pretty badly a couple of years ago and this is the first time I've gone back over it despite the physio etc. 

Still fairly swollen with both ankle and foot in the purple and navy blue bruised stage now , but able to walk ok when the tube grip is on. Hopefully better soon, but not looking forward to the exercises I'm trying to remember from last time around. 

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is that not just the webbing mate, being from Fife and all?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

No, they cut that at birth

Fun fact: I had an extra sinus (or something like that) cut from my throat as a baby. If I gulp then only one side of my neck that has a cracking scar moves up and down (which strangely still entertains my OH). 

Of course, my mother could have tried to slash my throat in some form of postnatal depression, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.