P&B Hospital

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Maybe it was a spider bite? At some point your leg is going to burst open with dozens of wee spiders running about. 

@KnightswoodBear

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I have a sharp pain behind my right shoulder blade when I breathe deeply. I thought it was just a muscle strain but a couple of my colleagues are saying this is a potential sign of pleurisy?

I had pleurisy a few years ago and the pain was all across my chest. It was sore to take any breath let alone a deep one and laughing just about killed me. Climbing stairs was almost impossible too. I thought I was having a heart attack. If it's just pain concentrated in one area and not shortness of breath it's unlikely to be pleurisy but worth getting it checked out.

39 minutes ago, Rugster said:

@KnightswoodBear

I had pleurisy a few years ago and the pain was all across my chest. It was sore to take any breath let alone a deep one and laughing just about killed me. Climbing stairs was almost impossible too. I thought I was having a heart attack. If it's just pain concentrated in one area and not shortness of breath it's unlikely to be pleurisy but worth getting it checked out.

How are you managing to post from the 1950's?  Better watch out for TB and Polio too. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
59 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
I got stung on the neck by a wasp earlier.

The world is out to get me just now. 
00360FAC-DF91-4EAF-820B-6867AC0B02C6.thumb.jpeg.7639ae69a1a2d9ceeca854af1f6fc715.jpeg

Absolutely stunned at something marking your neck tbh.

It was quite bizarre. A branch fell out of a tree and landed on me. I braced myself for the sharp crack you get from getting whacked over the head with a lump of wood but instead only got a bit of a thump but a big jaggy pain instead.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Maybe it was a spider bite? At some point your leg is going to burst open with dozens of wee spiders running about. 

It's possible but it's getting better. I'll report any spiders 

IMG_20190912_142155.jpg

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

I have a sharp pain behind my right shoulder blade when I breathe deeply. I thought it was just a muscle strain but a couple of my colleagues are saying this is a potential sign of pleurisy?

I've had that exact pain and it was definitely caused at the gym. 

Guest Moomintroll
It was quite bizarre. A branch fell out of a tree and landed on me. I braced myself for the sharp crack you get from getting whacked over the head with a lump of wood but instead only got a bit of a thump but a big jaggy pain instead.
Oh bugger.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I had a minor procedure yesterday and I'm laying pretty good odds on the wound becoming infected.

Wound is already smarting and a decent amount of haemoserous fluid soaking through dressing.

I have the appropriate antibiotics available if I need them but as I'm back to work next Tuesday I will let it run a bit longer I think.

You'd be better taking the antibiotics, even if you do have to go to work...

It's possible but it's getting better. I'll report any spiders 
IMG_20190912_142155.thumb.jpg.9bad19ae337c195142a5f7709a6e047c.jpg

Even Craig Levein doesn’t think that’s a good laugh. Get that checked out mate. I’m quite prone to a bad reaction to bites but fucking hell.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Even Craig Levein doesn’t think that’s a good laugh. Get that checked out mate. I’m quite prone to a bad reaction to bites but fucking hell.

It's getting way better so I'll stick out

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I shall see how it goes, I can hardly be expected to consult for 20 odd patients a day if my poor old back is in tatters.  Oh the stress of General Practice.

Now where can I get a sickline...

In fairness never has been the most robust of  characters, chancer to be frank.  Used to hide in a large stationary cupboard, spent many an afternoon missing in action.No doubt he'll rush back to work in 6 months when he gets his half pay notification or as we call it the Lourdes letter. Now he is let loose on a GP practice but wouldn't trust him with the kitty on a night out. 

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Whoah, Whoah, Whoah. 

That better be Shandon's mrs' hand or they fingernails are a fucking disgrace and he should be banned immediately. 

tumblr_inline_pd16izFYH01ry8438_400.jpg