P&B Hospital

49 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Transferred to a rehab facility (no not THAT sort of rehab for once!) today to do PT/OT. 

Officially suffering from orthostatic hypotension, probably caused by autonomic neuropathy, so this is permanent, going to have to be on meds for life. Still I try to be positive.

Thought you were on top of this?

Dont destroy yourself mate.

55 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Transferred to a rehab facility (no not THAT sort of rehab for once!) today to do PT/OT. 

Officially suffering from orthostatic hypotension, probably caused by autonomic neuropathy, so this is permanent, going to have to be on meds for life. Still I try to be positive.

#1 on Google's list. Phwoar.

Best of luck; sounds manageable, so hopefully between tablets, salt, and sexy lingerie you'll be set  :thumsup2

image.png.1652f3e68f7dd3d9505f90648eb43fcc.png

29 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Years of alcohol abuse catching up with me.

Raids if you want to DM me or even call me, I'm here.

Dont know if I'll have the wisdom, but I'll lend an ear.

On 26/03/2024 at 09:52, eindhovendee said:

113kg!

Do you speak with an Austrian accent?

austrian-bodybuilder-arnold-schwarzenegger-in-a-scene-from-news-photo-1655366968.jpg.6938dfe0bee79017de249e8089357660.jpg

I might be about 130kg the now. Really let myself go over the past year. On the plus side, I'm ready to take my "P&B's biggest tits" crown back from @RH33.

We should do a survey to find out P&B's biggest chonky boy.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

#1 on Google's list. Phwoar.

Best of luck; sounds manageable, so hopefully between tablets, salt, and sexy lingerie you'll be set  :thumsup2

image.png.1652f3e68f7dd3d9505f90648eb43fcc.png

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Raids if you want to DM me or even call me, I'm here.

Dont know if I'll have the wisdom, but I'll lend an ear.

It’s pics you’re after isn’t it?

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Yikes, peripheral neuropathy is problematic enough, that sounds a couple of very serious levels worse. If the meds are anything like those for other neuropathies, there is a pretty decent chance of some funky side effects for the first couple of weeks, so don't hesitate to reach out and talk (they do disappear pretty quickly too).

11 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s pics you’re after isn’t it?

Not really time for jokes Mozza. Guy is in a bad way.

Long term sick numbers rocket

D9475E7E-8B5A-4AF3-BF89-92FA7116ABA8.thumb.png.97741efc51dc5340df698939092f9335.png

Edited to add - a report from the ONS published last year on the details behind the increase in long term sickness.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/economicinactivity/articles/risingillhealthandeconomicinactivitybecauseoflongtermsicknessuk/2019to2023

Edited by ICTChris

On 09/04/2024 at 11:38, Richey Edwards said:

Finally managed to get an appointment for this.

Having to take painkillers to function reasonably normally is a pain in the arse. 

Went to my appointment. Apparently what I was describing is not a migraine but a high blood pressure thing. I am to measure my BP twice a day for a week, take a note of the results and hand them in.

If this is correct then my high powered caffeine fueled days are over.

• 2 weeks later...

Still at the Rehab/Care facility. Doing leg strengthening exercises, balance exercises, but need to have the parallel bars to hold onto or grab if I start to "fall" doing the balancing. As for walking....I need to use a "rollator" (ken those things with wheels and a built-in seat that old people use) otherwise I either get very out of balance and would likely fall. Can do about 30-40 steps before I begin to feel like I'm going to fall/start getting light-headed. BP is still crappy, recent high was 108/67 (during PT/OT) but most mornings and afternoons it's usually low 90s/mid 60s, this despite taking meds to raise my BP.

Ach weel, at least I can stand, walk, talk, feed myself, get to the lavvie by myself, so it's not all bad. Moving about here/going to meals, going to activities I have to use a wheelchair, but, on the positive side, ay least I'm able to do this without help (I can propel myself fairly well).

No discharge date (can't send me home until it's safe) and no return to work date either (assuming I get to go back/they will have me back)

Time for me to go to bed now, hope all of you P&Bers oot there are doing well.

Goodnight.

13 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Still at the Rehab/Care facility. Doing leg strengthening exercises, balance exercises, but need to have the parallel bars to hold onto or grab if I start to "fall" doing the balancing. As for walking....I need to use a "rollator" (ken those things with wheels and a built-in seat that old people use) otherwise I either get very out of balance and would likely fall. Can do about 30-40 steps before I begin to feel like I'm going to fall/start getting light-headed. BP is still crappy, recent high was 108/67 (during PT/OT) but most mornings and afternoons it's usually low 90s/mid 60s, this despite taking meds to raise my BP.

Ach weel, at least I can stand, walk, talk, feed myself, get to the lavvie by myself, so it's not all bad. Moving about here/going to meals, going to activities I have to use a wheelchair, but, on the positive side, ay least I'm able to do this without help (I can propel myself fairly well).

No discharge date (can't send me home until it's safe) and no return to work date either (assuming I get to go back/they will have me back)

Time for me to go to bed now, hope all of you P&Bers oot there are doing well.

Goodnight.

Glad to hear progress...check the NSFW forum to raise the BP a bit? Get well!

I went to the doctor with a frog growing out my forehead. The doc asked how this happened, and the frog replied “it started as a pimple on my arse” 

I’ll get ma coat